Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about Juki 2010Q >

Question about Juki 2010Q

Question about Juki 2010Q

Old 01-11-2015, 11:11 AM

Default Question about Juki 2010Q

I was at my sewing machine dealer yesterday looking for a new machine and one of the ladies who works there said that the Juki 2010Q was really great and that she ordered one for herself and it was coming in next week. Actually, she did kind of sell me on it....the fact that she called it a 'workhorse' was what I wanted to hear since really the thing I do most is straight-lined stitching (she said it was an industrial machine). I have another machine to do zigzag and found I don't really use decorative stitches much. She showed me how it went through several layers easily and I was impressed. I was dismayed by my old machine that when I was making potholders for Christmas and was going through just four layers (back and front, one layer of Insulbrite and one of Warm and Natural that my machine was giving me a little bit of trouble and I broke a couple of needles.

May I ask anyone who has one if the like it? I was looking online and the only thing negative I saw was a person having tension problems. I am going back into the shop next week to check it out again.

Thanks so much!
Old 01-11-2015, 12:13 PM
Power Poster

It has a great reputation. Here is a link to reviews of it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/TL-2010Q-Locks...dp/B00AAZU1KE/

If I were going to get one, I would probably get it through Amazon if the price were less than I could get locally. When sold and fulfilled by Amazon, if there is something wrong with it, it is very easy to return. Plus I have Amazon prime so shipping is not a cost I need to consider.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:34 PM

I absolutely love mine. It's definitely a workhorse!
Old 01-11-2015, 12:37 PM

I absolutely love mine. Ordered it from an online sight that did not charge me any shipping or sales tax so it was cheaper than at the store but it is fabulous. I got it for the extra throat area for my quilting which is fabulous, it is a work horse which I had been told by another member here on the board. It comes with a walking for for stitch in the ditch and 2 free motion feet for quilting and a couple other. Has to be oiled after so many hours of use. Not computerized except for the automatic thread cutter. If you have any other questions you can message me directly I have been using mine since September.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:24 PM

I ADORE my Juki - I have exactly this model! I have quilted for over ten years, long arm quilted for the past two - and for me it is a very practical and useful machine. I rarely if ever use zig zag or decorative stitches...I'm a quilter through and through! I haven't much issue with tension, in fact of the dozen or so machines I have I find the Juki is the easiest to tension and I can switch back and forth from various different thread weights with little adjustment. It's a wonderful machine!
Old 01-11-2015, 01:37 PM

I absolutely love my Juki. I got my straight stitch one the Juki TL98Q (model previous to the one you are considering) first as a slightly used machine from a guild member who had upgraded to a long arm. It's heavy, fast, powerful and stitches perfectly. I love the extra long stitches it is capable of making, the two power thread cutters and the heavy duty feet. I wanted some fancy stitches, so I've recently purchased the Juki Exceed HZL 600 Quilt Pro and it stitches beautifully too. Both of these machines together cost me less and stitch so much better than my old Janome 6500. There is really no comparison. I would definitely recommend a Juki.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:14 PM

My most favorite 'modern' machine!
This was my review of it from last spring, and I continue to smile whenever I sit down to use it. Mof, I am sew taken w this machine that I've started carrying them in my shop.

"I've owned this machine for (then) 8 months and just adore it. Its stitch quality is beautiful, it is reliable, it takes all threads (not at all finicky), the foot control thread cutter is fantastic, the knee lift is convenient, the threader is easy to work, doesn't require a 'leader' when starting a seam, etc. etc. etc. It is a quality machine through and through. I own(ed) many different machines and this is my favorite. I enjoy it far more than the Janome Horizon 7700MCP I sold to purchase this. Its stitch is comparable to (better than) my Berninas and I find it far easier to get a consistent scant 1/4" seam allowance on this machine.
It comes w 3 different 1/4" feet: the all-purpose straight stitch, the compensating, and the walking one. I've used them all, depending upon my needs.
I chose this model based on 1) my desire for solely a straight stitch machine w a large throat space, and 2) the outstanding reviews I consistently read about it, There isn't a Juki dealer around so I couldn't try it prior to purchase. I bought it from a terrific sew/vac center down south. Not only did I get a great price but they have fantastic customer service and I couldn't be happier w my decision.

Some people say the threader is difficult. Make sure needle is in its highest position and the presser foot is lowered. I personally haven't found any issue w it but if you do, a brief video by gardenspeak may help."
Old 01-11-2015, 02:18 PM

I love, love, love my Juki! I have the 2010Q and have not had a single problem with it. My local dealer matched the internet prices and I was able to pick it up in the store for the same price. What I'm addicted to on it is the foot pedal thread cutter. Sounds wierd I know. But, I've gotten so used to just holding fabric in my hand, I'm considering hauling it on a weekend retreat in a couple of weeks. I wouldn't hesitate to order it online, it worked right out of the box.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:33 PM

I may have been the one who entered a comment on the tension while FMQ however this has been resolved. With that being said I love my Juki 2010. It is a heavy duty machine and can sew through almost anything. I have sewn through leather on canvas including heavyweight interfacing. Last year I purchased a Juki hzl 400 which is also a good machine although not heavy duty. All in all I love their product.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:35 PM

I love mine too! I didn't have a local dealer, but my repair guy highly recommended it and ordered it for me and I picked it up at his shop. I bought it sight unseen based on comments I had read. It's been perfect since I got it. I NEVER have to fuss with tension. It's not fussy about thread either...it works with everything I've tried.