Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Motivation >

Quilting Motivation

Quilting Motivation

Old 08-07-2017, 05:08 AM

I'm also an Amazon music fan. Depends on my mood - yesterday it was latin salsa. All my Zumba songs are there! But when I'm working on something I actually don't even hear it. Never have the TV on during the daytime.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:21 AM

I like to either listen to podcasts or to Pandora. I like mostly music from the 70's and 80's, but I stray according to my mood.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:44 AM

I have choices in my studio. I have TV some of the time. I always promptly arrive in my studio by 8 am because Perry Mason comes on then. I have a Roku set up to catch some decent TV when I am not happy with what is showing on the local channels AND I use FM radio some of the time and catch up on contemporary music. My DH comes in and reads to me while I work sometimes. That way we share entire books. I have always been a multi-tasker who uses several channels in my brain at once to spark creativity.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:35 AM

During the day I prefer quiet or a bit of country music. At night I can usually hear whatever my DH has on the TV. I watch little TV, only the national and local news, and can't imagine concentrating on a book while I sew, but kudos to those that can.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Innov8R View Post
I have choices in my studio. I have TV some of the time. I always promptly arrive in my studio by 8 am because Perry Mason comes on then. I have a Roku set up to catch some decent TV when I am not happy with what is showing on the local channels AND I use FM radio some of the time and catch up on contemporary music. My DH comes in and reads to me while I work sometimes. That way we share entire books. I have always been a multi-tasker who uses several channels in my brain at once to spark creativity.
That is so cool!!!!!!! I think one of the reasons I love audiobooks so much is that I love being read to. My husband doesn't read books, darn!
Old 08-07-2017, 07:29 AM

I usually have a podcast on.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:04 AM

I listen to books on CD from the library......
Old 08-07-2017, 11:50 AM

Audiobooks and podcasts always. I also listen to them while I cook.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:13 PM

Being a cricket fanatic, during the season I listen to Test Match Special on the radio; at other times, I hook up the laptop to an larger flat screen monitor and put on YouTube playlists of quilting videos - especially if I am chain piecing or unpicking. As for music - anything from classical to zydeco. I love Ralph Vaughan Williams but then I get a bit teary which isn't a great idea when rotary cutting! My favourite audio book is Anna Massey reading Jane Austen's Persuasion. Also, streaming old time radio shows like CBS Radio Mystery Theater.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by HettyB View Post
Being a cricket fanatic, during the season I listen to Test Match Special on the radio; at other times, I hook up the laptop to an larger flat screen monitor and put on YouTube playlists of quilting videos - especially if I am chain piecing or unpicking. As for music - anything from classical to zydeco. I love Ralph Vaughan Williams but then I get a bit teary which isn't a great idea when rotary cutting! My favourite audio book is Anna Massey reading Jane Austen's Persuasion. Also, streaming old time radio shows like CBS Radio Mystery Theater.
HettyB- I have that!!! Oh I love it as well. (Persuasion) Today I sewed all afternoon listening to Wuthering Heights