Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Supplies at Wal-Mart >

Quilting Supplies at Wal-Mart

Quilting Supplies at Wal-Mart

Old 04-14-2013, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
Love the idea of having the blocks in the plastic bags will have to look for the bigger bags. But what about long time storage in airtight plastic?
My thoughts exactly. I think any of those plastic bags would be fantastic for keeping project pieces together, but I've heard we should not store our quilts in plastic for the long term..
I have several labeled pizza boxes on the shelves, and they work very well without the plastic.
Just something to think about.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:03 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Its amazing what one can find for quilting, sewing and crafting (to hold items, to work with..etc..) at Wally, Target, even Office Depot and Office Max.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:46 AM

For any of you who are frequent flyers at the hospital like my hubby, when you come home, raid that room for everything you can grab coz when they clean the room, they will throw everything opened away. I come home with the pink tubs (great for keeping project items together short term)....the little scissors I use for clipping small threads or throw a pair in my purse.....retractable scalpels are great for ripping (also very, very sharp)....the small pillows are tossed too so I bring those home and use them to make throw pillows to go with quilts.....and don't forget the containers of wipes to keep your sewing area clean!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by RGAY View Post
On your way home from WalMart, stop at Pizza Hut and ask for a couple of pizza boxes (unused of course ). The 2 1/2 gal bags fit perfectly and make it easier to carry your projects to and fro and keep the fabric, cut pieces and blocks nice and flat.
I got a couple of the largest pizza boxes, covered them with contact paper and lined them with felt. Use them when we travel to store unmade or finished blocks, and use the interior (felt lined) as a design board if needed. The contact paper helps keep the boxes intact longer.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:40 AM

What is a Tutoo case?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

The bags I bought at the Dollar Tree were low quality. They wouldn't stay closed and ripped easily. A big waste of a $1. LOL
Old 04-14-2013, 09:08 AM

Wow! What an informative thread! I have fabric for projects all over my house (patterns are with the fabric), and you wonderful members have given me LOTS of ideas for organization! Thank you so much for your hints and ideas!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:24 AM

Store your boxes of baggies and freezer paper in a wine box - which you can get free at a liquor store. They're segmented and hold those boxes nicely upright. If you buy your fusibles in bulk, you can roll them around a paper towel tube and store them inthe box, too.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:38 AM

I have used the Hefty 2.5 gal. bags for years. I put all the fabric for a project in the bag with the pattern. It's easy to see and find the project I want to work on next. I was having problems keeping up with the pieces I had cut, the scraps, the pattern, etc. Now I can keep everything together in a bag.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:47 AM

I am in the process of getting my spaces into workable areas that will allow me to accomplish more in less time.. so many things I want to get finished and frustration does not help!
Thank you all for all these ideas ... some I already use..I do have a talent for messing up every neat place.."oh,help!"
"I hve confidence in confidence alone" especially ! Love QB!
Just changed my avitar! took me awhile but here she is! My beautiful 5th great grand girl, Joanna Joy!