Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Really grumpy - cannot believe this customer service >

Really grumpy - cannot believe this customer service

Really grumpy - cannot believe this customer service

Old 06-08-2010, 06:00 AM

I agree to contact corporate and would request a new machine. Great advice from all. Sweetness will get you farther than being angry. I would ask for someone to come to my house, if they balk at that, is your LA still under warranty. Ask them to replace it or take it back if they can't help you. Then you can look for a replacement and know what questions to ask to investigate your next LA. So sorry, good customer service is so hard to find.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:11 AM

Oh, I would be grumpy too. I hope everything works out.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:18 AM

Linda, this is very frustrating for you as well as infuriating. So sorry this is happening to you. It is best to be polite but firm and persistent when contacting corporate. Be specific in your description of the problems and the lack of resolution. Then follow up and don't let the ball drop. Ask for the name of a contact person and latch on to him or her until you get satisfaction. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Google Goddess

did you call today and get anything resolved
Old 06-08-2010, 03:38 PM

Called the dealer today - the fella I spoke with (happens to be the owner) in the morning and made the appointment with, well, he was tired and went home early.

Yah.

So rather than have me bring my machine in he thought they could mail the part --- I said he could courier thanks. Then one of the other staff took the phone away from him (so they could read the writing of where to send it) - great idea. At least she had a titch of apologies that this had happened.

At work, my fish name (anyone familiar with the 'fish philosophy'? - actually rather fun way to build a cooperative corporate culture ... http://www.charthouse.com/content.aspx?name=home2) was "Barracuda" - I'm the technical support and get to solve all sorts of issues, so have lots of practice documenting and being polite but firm. Have no problem going up the ladder to get resolutions and restitutions.