Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sad and frustrated

I just read the spoon theory. I understand because I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, and deal with it on a daily basis. I never know how my day is going to be when I wake up. But whenI am having a pity party, I think of others who are worse off than me, and then I am glad that is all I have. Some days are worse than others but I manage to get by by taking care of myself. Be well!

If it's just the tracks that are missing, you can buy those. I bought a frame from my sewing machine dealer; it was all dismantled and he was going to return it to the company, but I got it first! However, the tracks were brittle and cracked in a few places; he ordered and received new ones for me. I think, since they are plastic and somewhat delicate, they probably are a common replacement part.

The Grace Co. told me they do not make those tracks anymore but do have a aftermarket track that should work. I thought a little pricey but this frame isn't worth anything without the tracks. The two pieces that I do have seem to be sturdy enough...no cracks or breaks. Wonder if it is the same frame we are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    If it's just the tracks that are missing, you can buy those. I bought a frame from my sewing machine dealer; it was all dismantled and he was going to return it to the company, but I got it first! However, the tracks were brittle and cracked in a few places; he ordered and received new ones for me. I think, since they are plastic and somewhat delicate, they probably are a common replacement part.

So sorry your bad experience. The suggestions here may help you! Good luck!

Not knowing how much you paid, I would take her to small claims court or contact a lawyer. Last resort, find a way to get those missing tracks. You are a trusting soul, but never assume others are like you are. People like her prey on people like you and me. I'm so sorry you had to go through this with her. She will have to answer for this one sad day.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

So sorry about your bad experience. You are not stupid. There are a lot of good people out there selling things. Good idea putting an ad in paper. If you bought it from someone on craigslist I think there is a area for complaints. Maybe you can at least keep other people from buying from her. Take care and good luck!! Nancy

I am so sorry such a bad thing happened to you. I lost my mom 18 months ago and would consider it a blessing if you would let me pay for the upgraded tracks you had to buy to use your frame.

I have the money and it is what my mom would do. please pm me and let one of the nicer (hopefully) quilters make you smile for a little while.

no, you certainly are not stupid-just too trusting. That's enough said. Your health is too important to dwell on this unfortunate incident-chalk it up to being too trusting and contact the Grace company. We deal with them where I work, they are always very helpful-tech support is awesome! Agreed you will probably have to spend more $ for new rails, but your new frame will hopefully more than make up for the aggravation! Good luck-with frame-and health!

Quote Originally Posted by enerod
    I am so sorry such a bad thing happened to you. I lost my mom 18 months ago and would consider it a blessing if you would let me pay for the upgraded tracks you had to buy to use your frame.

I have the money and it is what my mom would do. please pm me and let one of the nicer (hopefully) quilters make you smile for a little while.
    You are truly a credit to your mom-she is smiling at you with great pride! You've certainly touched my heart-thank you for your thoughtfulness!

Sorry, you took a chance and it didn't work out. Don't stop trusting though ;=)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enerod

You are so kind to do this.

I truly believe in this What comes round goes around. In the long run you will come out on top. But, I pity the woman that lied to you because she will have her turn of being used wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary M
    I hope you guys will let me vent for I need something to get me picked up. I seen a Grace Machine Quilter [I think this is one of the first ones they made for a home sewing machine] advertised and went to see it during the week. I had been wanting to get something to make sandwiching and quilting easier for my bad back. The woman bragged it up and said it would be wonderful for a person with limitations like myself. It was taken apart so lots of parts to look at. The woman did tell me all the parts were there and told me to look it up on the internet to see what it looked like. I did, and then I decided I would buy it with assurance from the woman that she would come Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning to help me put it together. Saturday came and went and I thought I would start putting it together since I did have the instructions. I got as far as installing the tracks and discovered there were only two pieces of track but the assembly parts listed six.
    I emailed her letting her know that these parts were missing and would she bring them with her when she came Sunday mrning. Did not receive any response from that. Sunday morning came and still hadn't heard from her so around 10:00a.m. I called her to find out when she was coming, for sure. Tried both her cell no. and house no. but no one answered. I then waited until noon and tried again to contact her, but no answer so I left a message saying I would like to have my money refunded because not all the parts were there and with no one to help me put it together I wouldn't know if I had it right.
    Well about 2:00 she finally calls and acts all indignent about the matter and told me she was calling the cops because I had threatened her.! Ouch! I was so upset I could hardly speak. [she finally said she would come out. At first she said all the parts were there and then she says she used it with just the two tracks[one is a 60" and one is a 52".] She said I just had to move the tracks WHILE DOING THE QUILTING!! I reminded her that the parts list specifies 6 rails of varying sizes and it cannot be used without the tracks. She stomped and continued to say things that were not true. I wasn't going to argue with a crazy lady and it was clear to me she didn't give a hoot about screwing someone. I live alone and did not even feel safe with her. Now I know, I did some no no's such as paid her in cash, belived her when she said all the parts were there and belived she did intend to help me put it together...it wasn't in writing for I had mistakenly trusted her. I guess I am stupid to be that way, in this day and age of greed, but darn it why do some people have to be that way? I don't know what I will do next. I am supposed to be avoiding stress with recovering from cancer treatments. Will take a deep breath and hope this woman comes to her senses. Thanks for letting me vent. BTW does anyone have some extra tracks? :cry:
    Mary, I'm so sorry you had this experience. You know, not that you made a mistake, but the person who sold you the machine made the mistake. She not only made the mistake of lying to you, but also of being very rude and abusive. Even though you paid cash, I wuldn't stop at that: Go to the Police Department in your town and report her. She may be a collector of items to be able to "skunk" people. Good luck!

Power Poster
    Oh that is horrible. One lesson learned the hard way. I hope you can write to the company or advertise here to see if you can get more tracks.

lying is not a crime, but being abusive to you is. so is bullying. if she's done either of those things when you asked for your money back, then you have cause to go to the police. she also sold something under false pretenses. the only way to know what the police can do, is to ask them.

definitely follow through on craig's list and all the other things people here have suggested. call the local paper and ask if they'd like a local human interest story.

The Grace Co. told me they do not make those tracks anymore but do have a aftermarket track that should work. I thought a little pricey but this frame isn't worth anything without the tracks. The two pieces that I do have seem to be sturdy enough...no cracks or breaks. Wonder if it is the same frame we are talking about?
    I'm sorry ... my mistake. After reading more info. on your posting, I think it is NOT the same frame model. Mine has only 4 very narrow tracks ... two 60" ones if you only build the crib-sized frame & two 120" ones for the king-sized frame.

I think I might have the quilting frame you are discussing. Bought it before I was able to get my present longarm. Email me your address and I'll mail you the instruction book I have and if it is the same you can have the frame if you can arrange to have it shipped to you. I'll be happy to get it out of my basement.

My prayers go with you....

So sorry you had this problem. Unfortunately there are too many people in this world looking to rip people off. I would try to call the manufacturer and see if the parts can be ordered.

Chalk one up to "buyer beware". Thank goodness for the internet where we can do alot of checking which helps sometimes.

Mary so sorry this happened to you ... I pray you get this issue resolved, and this person will get hers in the end ... Karma ya know :)

Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves
    I think I might have the quilting frame you are discussing. Bought it before I was able to get my present longarm. Email me your address and I'll mail you the instruction book I have and if it is the same you can have the frame if you can arrange to have it shipped to you. I'll be happy to get it out of my basement.
    Such an awesome thing to offer ... you have a good heart ... bless you!

The offer that Sadiemae offered, overwhelmed me. The generosity of a person to make another person smile and feel so good is beyond words. I just know there are Angels among us meant to give us warmth and comfort when needed. I know I will never be able to repay what she gave but I will try by "paying it forward." I have always been such an independent person always wanting to give rather than take, living within my means and no asking for more. I do believe though that this angel gets a special feeling from this gesture....I know I would. So a gift is something that brings happiness for more than one person.
    I do appreciate all the suggestions of how to handle this matter, of the missing parts. You gals are all special to me. I have let go of feeling sad and frustrated and have replaced it with a smile and this warm feeling. Thank you, Mary:)

I would called craigslist and post a comeent on craidslist about your problem and e-mail her a copy with it, sorry it was such a nasty experience for you/ :-)

Blog Entries
    I've been reading about your sad experience.Shame on that seller! I do hope alls well that ends well & what a wonderful offer you've recieved.

The offer that Sadiemae offered, overwhelmed me. The generosity of a person to make another person smile and feel so good is beyond words. I just know there are Angels among us meant to give us warmth and comfort when needed. I know I will never be able to repay what she gave but I will try by "paying it forward." I have always been such an independent person always wanting to give rather than take, living within my means and no asking for more. I do believe though that this angel gets a special feeling from this gesture....I know I would. So a gift is something that brings happiness for more than one person.
    I do appreciate all the suggestions of how to handle this matter, of the missing parts. You gals are all special to me. I have let go of feeling sad and frustrated and have replaced it with a smile and this warm feeling. Thank you, Mary:)
    Oh Mary, I am so happy for you. This message brings me happiness, a big smile, and warm feeling all over. Sadiemae is a caring and wonderful person for doing this for you. :D :D :D

What generosity! May she be blessed beyond her dreams.

Now, would you please keep us updated on what you do with the frame? I know you will enjoy it - long arm quilting is such fun!

Lastly, let us know how you are doing physically. Some of us have been where you are now and are concerned.

Thanks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast