Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Shout out for excellent customer service >
  • Shout out for excellent customer service

• Shout out for excellent customer service

Old 01-28-2011, 05:13 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by MerryQuilter
    Gloversville is where I bought my Bernina 11 yrs ago and log cabin is very nice LQS about 20 min away. Both on local shop hop have done past 8 yrs or so, great shops.
    I met Diana at QBL sometime in the late 1980s, rented a Bernina 1030 from her for my classes and then bought it.
    She doesn't vend there anymore; and I don't go - it's gotten way too expensive. It's a 5 hour drive for me but when I can talk a friend into going we go over for the Quilt Show (far and away the best I've ever seen -every time) and to shop the vendors.
    Old 01-28-2011, 05:24 AM

I had a simalar experience with JoAnne's. I bought some batting and three cuts of material. When I got home I notice they only charger me for 2 fabric pieces. I had a 40% coupon and so I call the store and they asked if it was the end of the bolt and I said no and I had gotten 2 yds. She said Merry Christmas. Boy was I surprised. I would have gone back but she said just enjoy. There are companies who do right by their customers when they make the mistake.
    Old 01-28-2011, 05:34 AM

I agree. Connecting Threads is great to deal with and I love their fabric, thread, AND the price! :)
    Old 01-28-2011, 05:49 AM

I got a lot of fabric from Connecting Threads awhile back. I did think it was rather thin compared to quilt shop fabric but I still liked it.....until I washed it. I've never washed fabric before quilting until I saw how important it was from someone on this board, so I washed it all last weekend. Well, the CT fabric was so far off from squared, it wasn't funny. There was a gap of about 3" between both sides, so I lost several inches on every single piece. The quilt shop fabric was right on, perfectly squared. I do plan to call them but I probably will not buy from CT again. Several inches on each fabric really adds up to a lot of lost money.
    Old 01-28-2011, 05:51 AM

I wish my experience with CT would have been a good one. I was not too happy with the quality of the batting I got. I wrote to them but they never answered me. All I was looking for was a reply, not a refund.
    Old 01-28-2011, 05:55 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Nolee
    I got a lot of fabric from Connecting Threads awhile back. I did think it was rather thin compared to quilt shop fabric but I still liked it.....until I washed it. I've never washed fabric before quilting until I saw how important it was from someone on this board, so I washed it all last weekend. Well, the CT fabric was so far off from squared, it wasn't funny. There was a gap of about 3" between both sides, so I lost several inches on every single piece. The quilt shop fabric was right on, perfectly squared. I do plan to call them but I probably will not buy from CT again. Several inches on each fabric really adds up to a lot of lost money.
    I don't buy fabric from them because I find their selections uninteresting; you've given me another reason.
    Geography's not my long suit - if you're near Gloversville or Ravena do try those shops - great women and first quality products.
    Old 01-28-2011, 06:06 AM

I love Connecting Threads, too! I had problems with JoAnn's not sending me fabric (twice) claiming it was backordered even though it was there when I placed my orders. I recently ordered from Clotilde & I'm really getting tired of all the e-mails & flyers I've been getting - seriously, every other day at least. I ordered from Connecting Thread, my order comes promptly, and they leave me alone until I need something else. Priceless - yay for great customer service!
    Old 01-28-2011, 06:12 AM

I love ordering from Connecting Threads, very fast delivery time and in my opinion excellent fabric. The most it has ever taken me to get an order to date is three days. I just placed my first order with JoAnn Fabrics we'll see how they compare.
    Old 01-28-2011, 06:22 AM

A big 'Shout Out' for Painted Pony in LaPorte, TX. EXCELLENT customer service.
    Old 01-28-2011, 06:52 AM

It's always nice to hear about good customer service! I've ordered a couple thinghs from them and have always been pleased with what I got but it's good to know their customer service is responsive to the customers.