Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For those of you who do craft shows.... >
  • For those of you who do craft shows....

• For those of you who do craft shows....

Old 06-30-2015, 03:51 PM

how about tissue holders that match a tote bag, key fobs, dish towels, how about small change purses for little ladies, or head bands, phone covers, I think little items sell well.
    What ever you do, best of luck
    Old 06-30-2015, 07:04 PM

The problem is that folks buy " made in China" things a whole lot cheaper and frown at our " reasonable cost " for handmade items some in designer fabric that costs so much in supplies we cannot sell at Wal-Mart prices. I try to show off the quality and stick w/one or two items. This year quilts and table runners. We will see.
    Old 06-30-2015, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    I would avoid taking special orders like the plague.
    After being burned a few times & trying to chase down people to deliver & collect on their orders---I now only take special orders with a 50% NON REFUNDABLE deposit if not accepted within 30 days. I put a sign on my table stating that----and make sure they understand.
    Old 06-30-2015, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Those crocheted nylon scrubbers are one of the few things that i am willing to buy at a craft fair.
    Besides their original purpose, nylon scrubbers are the perfect product to scrub down acrylic/plexiglass fish tanks.
    Old 07-01-2015, 06:29 AM
    Power Poster

Those nylon scrubbers are also great for defuzzing a cutting mat.
    Old 07-01-2015, 06:32 AM

I agree with lots of the above posts, can't think of anything else. Holiday/seasonal items as well as babies and pets, people just go ga-ga for them and will buy them. Maybe little head bands for baby girls, and little fabric yo-yo bracelets?!
    Old 07-01-2015, 08:37 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

No matter what you decide to make, I hope it sells in gangbusters for you both !! Good luck !
    Old 07-01-2015, 01:59 PM

First of all, I would nix the checkbook covers. So many folks now use online banking that writing checks is becoming a thing of the past. I don't even carry my checkbook any more and have been in the same book of checks for two years now. Credit card holders are another thing; they do well.

Always have lesser-priced items available. Some folks just want to buy "something" and the lesser-priced token items fill the bill.

On the other hand, I have found that pre-made baskets or quilted containers full of small-item gifts work well. Wrap them up in clear, colored cellophane with a bow. Designs, uses include Good-Neighbor/Welcome Neighbor baskets; Bridal Shower baskets; Baby Shower baskets; Kitchen Baskets; Fellow-sewer baskets --- all of these present quite nicely and look very festive in a display. Place some placards here and there describing the contents of each. You can price them from $20 on up. Depending on the inclusion (or not) of a quilt in any size, the price could easily exceed $100 and, yes, they do sell. Best to leave the quilt as a base to the basket, attached with a ribbon, so that the quilt can be viewed in full layout. It makes a very special presentation.

Also include information on your business and solicit the email address of folks who purchase from you so you can keep them advised of your next showing. Often they are surprised how pleased their gift recipients are with the gift and wish to purchase again, often at an increased price.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how you do and what sold well for you in your area. Good luck!
    Old 07-01-2015, 02:38 PM

Pot holders made with "Maxine" fabric is very popular here. Everyone loves Maxine! Microwave bowls are also great sellers.
    Old 07-01-2015, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Twinkie your Pie hot pads are FABULOUS!!
    Verry cute