Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
TRUE COST OF MAKING A QUILT >

TRUE COST OF MAKING A QUILT

TRUE COST OF MAKING A QUILT

Old 09-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Power Poster

All of you have made such beautiful quilts. They are worth what any artist of quality workmanship, and your individual talent is worth. They are priceless. I wanted to learn to quilt, because of my memories as a young girl sleeping cozy under my grandmothers warm, heavy, tied, quilts that I cherished. Hers were made out of necessity, but they still bring warm thoughts to my heart today.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:33 AM

It's funny I ran across this today since I had just finished my son's quilt and already started a Christmas quilt. Hubby says he's going to have to build a room onto our house for my finished quilts. Both of my Grandmas taught me to quilt several years ago and until just recently everything was quilted by hand. Hubby asked me why I didn't sell some of them and I told him because no one would want to pay what they're worth. Then when I learned to FMQ he suggested trying to sell them on Ebay. After seeing this I might try it and see how it goes. Maybe I'd at least get enough money out of them to cover expenses, and able to buy more fabric, and wouldn't be too worried about labor since I love to do it. Quilting is better than any drug on the market for stress!! Another member commented on this thread and asked what about pain and suffering which when I read it had to laugh because there is plenty of blood, sweat and tears put into making a quilt. I mean that literally too. LOL!!! I don't know if I could actually part with one though. Hmmmmmm...decisions, decisions, decisions.