Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . . >

Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . .

Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . .

Old 02-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by VaNella
It is true. A big waste of fabric. I use the leavings for stamps and in string quilts.
How wide are your leavings? Mine are mostly 1/4-inch strings, which are too small to use as anything but pet bed stuffing! I use permanent marker to mark the blades so I can place fabric according to where the blades are. I can understand lots of waste if you cut fabric the full width of the die beds, but that's not necessary.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:36 AM

I have leftovers when I cut the apple cores. I can get a few stamps out of the gaps. If I were using a template, I would have less waste. But I'm not complaining. I will make a lovely irish chain one of these days.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:13 AM

Thank you for your reply Joanne S. and also for the J. Hittle site URL. I checked that and will be buying from them in the future. Lots of GREAT prices.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by rvsfan
Just exactly what do you do with your Accuquilts and Accuquilt go? Do you just cut shapes that you could do the same by using a template? I want one because it's a new toy and I could tighten my belt a little and afford it, I just can't imagine what I would actually do with it. Seems like a lot of money to accomplish what you can do with templates. Maybe I'm missing something???
You can purchase the Accuquilt Go at Quilters-Warehouse for 207.00.It comes with the Value Die pack.The Go is compatible with all the Go Baby dies so I would get the Go before the Go Baby.Just MHO(My honest opinion)LOL

I LOVE my Go and wouldn't trade it for anything. (Well almost )
Old 02-02-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
Go to: http://www.accuquilt.com/GO-Fabric-C...FUdrKgodDRdO2A

They have a demo right under the pictures on the top left hand side. It might help you see if you'd really like it or not. The only use I personally see is for the shapes that are odd (like a butterfly) that you can applique with. It's easier just to cut long strips for the regular sized strips, squares and triangles. Happy Shopping!
what's the difference between the #1 and the #2? ebay has the #2 for $159.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

Not sure what you mean by #1 and #2. Do you have a link to the eBay listing?
Old 02-02-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by babyfireo4
Go to: http://www.accuquilt.com/GO-Fabric-C...FUdrKgodDRdO2A

They have a demo right under the pictures on the top left hand side. It might help you see if you'd really like it or not. The only use I personally see is for the shapes that are odd (like a butterfly) that you can applique with. It's easier just to cut long strips for the regular sized strips, squares and triangles. Happy Shopping!
what's the difference between the #1 and the #2? ebay has the #2 for $159.
The Accuquilt Go is compatible with ALL the Go Baby dies . It can be purchased at Quilting Warehouse for 207.99 and comes with the Value die set.(no affiliation) I bought my Accuquilt Go for 310.00 then found the Warehouse for 207.They also have great discounts on the dies and mats.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:45 PM

I posted above in a post that the Go could be purchased at
Quilters Warehouse that was a mistake it is....

Quilting-Warehouse.com
Old 02-02-2011, 03:13 PM

I got one fore Christmas.It was on sale really cheap.I too decided to get it because,1. I have a back injury and bending over a table to cut long strips put a strain on my back and 2. I have a problem with my right wrist and mussel
going up into my thumb which caused severe pain when I cut with a rotery cutter.I have to wear a brace on my hand after I cut.This makes it so much easier for me.I wont buy all the dies,because first their costly and I dont have enough storage.As Im writing this my hubby is putting up shelfs in my spare room closet to put my stash after reading about storing in plastic containers.Now Iwill have to get busy and sort ad clean.Wish me luck.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:10 PM

I just saw one on Joann.com and was wondering about the possibilities. I will need to think harder on that especially since I was going to use it to cut strips and Connecting Threads does the cutting for free.