Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . . >

Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . .

Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . .

Old 04-29-2011, 07:02 PM

Are you selling any dies? If so which ones?
Originally Posted by gale
My Go cutter is at the LQS trying to get sold. I hope someone buys it.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:05 PM

If I did not have the Accuquilt than I would sometimes quilt..but since I have the Accuquilt I make a quilt every other week. If I did not have a full time job I would make even more. I started with the Go and loved it...but wanted to make some of the larger shapes and cut more at a time so I bought the Studio...I figure I have another 20 years at least to quilt so in the end the cost will be very little...I will pass it down to the next quilter in the family someday.
Originally Posted by Annz
I don't know. That is an awful lot of money for a toy that you might only sometimes use.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:49 PM

I haven't yet decided if I want to get another cutter so I still have the dies (other than the value die which is with the cutter). I have no doubt that this cutter and the sizzix (which is what I want) are well worth it. I'm just not sure I'd use them enough to justify the cost and space they take up.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:23 AM

our Auxiliary is making lap robes for a nursing home residents
The Accuquilt cutter is so nice. I have the 2 1/2 in strip cutter and have ordered the 5 and 6/12 in. block cutter . Hopefully we can get 120 lap robes made real soon.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by bamamama
I'd love to get one but they dies are really expensive. Maybe the most used shapes...wish I had someone close by to share dies with.
Go to quilterwarehouse and the dies are half the price depending on which ones.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by The Creative Seamstress
I love my GO and do everything with it that I can to make my quilts and appliques. Sometimes the die cuts are a great starter point to make squares/triangles etc that I cut further down by hand or rotary to make particular pieces. Bottom line it saves soooo much work. As for the cost - I knew I wanted it for ever and found some really good deals on EBay. The store that I have found with some of the best deals on individual dies, die sets and GO! Machines (and almost always with extra freebies like a bottle of Best Press etc) has been the Seller/Store: QuiltingWithCricket2010. (No Affiliation - just sharing my experience for your benefit).

The sales she has sometimes as well - are just stellar! Several months ago she had EQ7 up for around $150 brand new, and specials come up with her all the time, usually a massive selection as well. When I got my GO from her - I paid $220 and got a free bottle of Best Press along with it... far cheaper than you can buy the GO almost anywhere else, so you might want to check out and see what they are offerring now. Seriously - buy the GO! it was the best investment I made to support my sewing/quilting addiction!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Do you have a link for this store please, I couldn't find it.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Banned

i can make a jelly roll in 15 min including binding with mind. You can cut a kind grandmothers flower garden in about 3 hrs (est) rather than three days to a week.
Are these enough reasons?
Old 10-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dawnmarieodya
Originally Posted by bamamama
I'd love to get one but they dies are really expensive. Maybe the most used shapes...wish I had someone close by to share dies with.
Go to quilterwarehouse and the dies are half the price depending on which ones.
Do you have a link please, I got something that didn't seem to be selling any dies.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:35 AM

I use my Accuquilt Studio for cutting mostly geometrics and strips. I don't do applique. My hands and back are shot and rotary cutting hurts so much after I am done I can't sew for a few days, but the Studio does so much work fast and doesn't give me pain so I love it.