Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . . >

Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . .

Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . .

Old 01-31-2011, 12:27 PM

I too have been weighing my options on purchasing a GO! After a great deal of research and some very deep thinking sessions I have decided not to purchase at this time. I feel like it's very expensive (although it is an incredible machine)... and the cost would just keep building and building as the need for new dies and mats arises. I just can't justify it, the cost is kind of like the energizer bunny, it keeps going and going and going.... giggle giggle.
My wonderful husband just gifted me with a brand new Babylock Ellisimo. Adding the cost of the AccuQuilt on top of a brand new machine.... well to me that just seems like quite alot. I will be happy with my rotary cutter machine and bias tape maker machines I purchased. I think that will help me out just fine.
Whoever posted the comment about jumping on the bandwagon of everything new gave me additional cause to pause and think about it. Thanks for the wakeup call.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Banned

if it comes down to money check out the newest/best cutters.

http://www.checkerdist.com and search for Ellison & sizzix!

You will get a much better return for your money with these machines and you can use the accuquilt dies in them as well!

IF you buy accuquilt dies go to joanns.com and for sizzix go to their site directly they have great sales!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
if it comes down to money check out the newest/best cutters.

http://www.checkerdist.com and search for Ellison & sizzix!

You will get a much better return for your money with these machines and you can use the accuquilt dies in them as well!

IF you buy accuquilt dies go to joanns.com and for sizzix go to their site directly they have great sales!
Somebody also told me about a yahoo group for somebody who is selling the AccuQuilt and products. It is called pinsandneedles1

Basically you get a 35% discount from the MSRP so the AccuQuilt Go! Cutter is somewhere around $226. You have to join her yahoo group and be approved before being able to buy from her.
♠♠
Old 01-31-2011, 12:51 PM
Banned

I still have a GO BAby for sale, brand new in the box!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:54 PM

so what is the difference between a GO! and a GO baby and, if you don't mind me asking, why are you selling it if it is unused? I'm just trying to cover options and which will be best for me.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
so what is the difference between a GO! and a GO baby and, if you don't mind me asking, why are you selling it if it is unused? I'm just trying to cover options and which will be best for me.
the BABy is the newest one that is very tiny! Only takes dies under 6" wide!

I bought it thinking I could use some of my ellison/sizzix dies with it, but I can't, so it has to go!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

I don't know what you mean about having the selvage lined up to get accurate cuts. I put scrap fabric on my Go die any way it will fit and get an exact accurate cut. I only use enough fabric to cover the die blade with 1/4" around. I don't cover the die with fabric. I end up with 1/4" strips as my waste.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:00 PM

if you do alot of applique its great or if you have arthritis. My grandma likes to use mine because she dosent have to put presure down on her wrists. i love it because its so much easyer then trying to cut the shapes with templetes. im rather clumsy and tend to have to redo things 5 or 6 times. so it save me alot of money buy not wasting so uch fabric.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:09 PM

I just ordered one on Ebay Make offer, and I feel I got a great Deal! I got the Go Cutter, rack, 4 mats, tote, and 32 dies, all for a little over $1200. But the deal was for $1000 and I ordered 5 extra dies and she gave me 25% off on them and FREE shipping. Can't wait to receive it probably next week. I am so Excited!!
Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by feffertim
I have the Altos quilt cut 2 and I love it, it does all I need very quickly and easily.
Did you get it straight from their site? I like the way it holds the ruler in place and you can even set it at angles. Nice!

How do you store it?