Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . . >

Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . .

Trying to decide if I need an Accuquilt cutter . . .

Old 01-31-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I still have a GO BAby for sale, brand new in the box!
so what is the difference between a GO! and a GO baby and, if you don't mind me asking, why are you selling it if it is unused? I'm just trying to cover options and which will be best for me.
the BABy is the newest one that is very tiny! Only takes dies under 6" wide!

I bought it thinking I could use some of my ellison/sizzix dies with it, but I can't, so it has to go!
Thanks for clarifying that for me. Do you have a sizzix system? how does that compare to what you've read here?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom
I too have been weighing my options on purchasing a GO! After a great deal of research and some very deep thinking sessions I have decided not to purchase at this time. I feel like it's very expensive (although it is an incredible machine)... and the cost would just keep building and building as the need for new dies and mats arises. I just can't justify it, the cost is kind of like the energizer bunny, it keeps going and going and going.... giggle giggle.
My wonderful husband just gifted me with a brand new Babylock Ellisimo. Adding the cost of the AccuQuilt on top of a brand new machine.... well to me that just seems like quite alot. I will be happy with my rotary cutter machine and bias tape maker machines I purchased. I think that will help me out just fine.
Whoever posted the comment about jumping on the bandwagon of everything new gave me additional cause to pause and think about it. Thanks for the wakeup call.
What a great husband you have!! That's a beautiful machine!
Old 01-31-2011, 01:44 PM

I have the Accuquilt Go my husband got it for me for my birthday last March, pd $240.00 free shipping and then she gave me a 35% off 2 dies so it was a good deal and I have used mine alot, already going to have to replace my mat. But I like it, have seen it priced a little cheaper then what I gave for it but I don't have any regrets.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:17 PM

Yes, I am a very very Blessed woman; the biggest blessing is my loving husband!

Originally Posted by cmw0829
Originally Posted by Divokittysmom
I too have been weighing my options on purchasing a GO! After a great deal of research and some very deep thinking sessions I have decided not to purchase at this time. I feel like it's very expensive (although it is an incredible machine)... and the cost would just keep building and building as the need for new dies and mats arises. I just can't justify it, the cost is kind of like the energizer bunny, it keeps going and going and going.... giggle giggle.
My wonderful husband just gifted me with a brand new Babylock Ellisimo. Adding the cost of the AccuQuilt on top of a brand new machine.... well to me that just seems like quite alot. I will be happy with my rotary cutter machine and bias tape maker machines I purchased. I think that will help me out just fine.
Whoever posted the comment about jumping on the bandwagon of everything new gave me additional cause to pause and think about it. Thanks for the wakeup call.
What a great husband you have!! That's a beautiful machine!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
I've had the Studio cutter for about 10 years (used it for paper crafting) so when I started quilting, I already had the machine, just needed some dies. The thing I like about using the machine is that your cuts are so accurate. You don't have to struggle piecing, easing stuff in etc. because everything fits. I find I have very little to do when squaring up blocks. I just got the 'winding ways' die and the curved pieces just about fall together. I don't think it really makes the cutting all that quicker, but the accuracy is the thing for me, because it really increases my piecing speed. If you are really accurate with your rotary cutter, you are probably fine without it. If, however, you find yourself constantly fighting to make your pieces fit and get those sharp points, then it may be a good investment.
Just wondering how many widths can you cut at once?
Old 02-01-2011, 03:31 AM

Been considering one myself....those I know who do have one use it all the time - they're very much into appliqued quilts and love it. If you are considering getting one, be sure you hunt around - Amazon had one far less than most who sells 'em (at least that's what I discovered about 3 months ago!)
Old 02-01-2011, 03:38 AM

I am eagerly waiting for my accquilt go to be here maybe today?? I too like all the new toys and if I really like it My DD's will know what to buy me for Christmas,Birthdays, Mothers day, I can get a lot of dies LOL
Old 02-01-2011, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by feffertim
The dies are really expensive and I can't justify the price for myself, I have the Altos quilt cut 2 and I love it, it does all I need very quickly and easily.
How do you like that one? I am disabled, only able to use my left arm and in a WC. I have tried to find the fiskars ruler/cutter but @ time I come up empty handed. Ebay had an Alto's for 109.00 plus 25.00 shippng. Too expensive. Right now I use a regular 6x24" ruler and weigh it down with an old iron I cut the cord off. Definately do-able but VERY slow going.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:53 AM
Power Poster

I love mine!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:24 AM

I have a go machine, i have used it 2 times, just to see if I liked it, well I am a visual person and I have yet to see something inspiring to bring it out and use it. so for now it still sits.
Sandra