Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting—New Years Day >
  • Virtual Quilting—New Years Day

• Virtual Quilting—New Years Day

Old 01-01-2019, 09:54 AM

Late to the party, but I am getting a quilt on the design wall today. It has quite a few little pieces, so I want to make sure it it all in place before I start stitching. I am also going to pack up materials for a sew-in I am attending Saturday.
    Old 01-01-2019, 10:02 AM

Sorry about your cold and fingertip raggiemom! Not a good start to the New Year! I'm heading back to the sewing room now.
    Old 01-01-2019, 10:07 AM

I was up awful late last night with all of the fireworks around here but this morning have been planning place mats to go with the 2 one-yard sections of Laura Ashley fabric I found in a remnant bin that I'll use to recover the dining room chairs. Most of the blue fabrics I have turn toward turquoise and the blue in the LA lends a little towards violet so may have to shop for it. Even if anything were open today I'd stay in, Weather Underground was showing the air quality as "Hazardous", from the fog trapping the fireworks pollution, I suppose.
    Old 01-01-2019, 10:15 AM

When you need a break...run over to Quilted Twins website or maybe the one on facebook. They are having a contest of guessing...how many bolts of batiks are in the shop. Well, there are 24 prizes and you can't win two prizes. Best to take the virtual tour first and see what in the world they have there. It's huge! I've ordered from there and violated my fabric moratorium pledge....sorry....but their stuff is so reasonable. I'm getting all my backings there now. I still like to go to my LQS and fondle the really expensive stuff. But this is fun.
    Old 01-01-2019, 10:32 AM

A late start here, too. Had to shovel snow and take down the Christmas decorations.
    Old 01-01-2019, 11:18 AM

Hubby's been fed, New Year's phone call to my step-Mom and sister done ............. read through Bonnie Hunter's clue so now I'm ready to sew
    Old 01-01-2019, 11:27 AM

Well my project for this morning didn't start too well. I was cutting some Stack & Whack/One Block wonder pieces and it was just looking strange. Finally realized waaay tooo late that I wanted hex-trianges (60 degrees, 6 per block) but I was using an octo-triangle (45 degree, 8 per block). I didn't have a whole lot of the fabric I wanted to use. I managed to get enough for 5 blocks, unable to complete 3 more. I'm going to be doing a contemporary quilt and am not quite sure how many (if any) of these I will be using, but I think four will be good. And if not, well, I guess they can go into a lap quilt.

At least I was playing with my fabric And although it was cool, this was just some small yardage from a bag of thrift store fabric. I'd be a lot more upset if it was the perfect piece of full price fabric.

I'm hoping the kona solids I ordered get here tomorrow or the next day. I'll be making binding with the white to bind the donation quilt I made over Christmas. The black will be sashing for my Post Card quilt, my Vacation/June themed top for me. They are actual postcard sized pieces of picture fabrics with a narrow attic window framing. The sashing will just be black. Borders will be various larger-scale bright prints with States and such on them. Here are just a few:
    Attached Thumbnails postcards2.jpg  
    Old 01-01-2019, 12:29 PM

Was going to join in but got grossly distracted, Happy New Year all, thanks Raggiemom for hosting. Curious to see more pix.

Cherryb
    Old 01-01-2019, 01:02 PM

This is what I have finished so far on my Hearts and Apron Strings quilt. I finished the T square border a couple days ago. I posted the scalloped border pieces a few posts back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606082[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_0104-1-.jpg  
    Old 01-01-2019, 01:13 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606085[/ATTACH]
    Happy New year. This is my view from my quilt room window. Snowed last night. Got 7 tops finished last night, going to sandwich them today.
    Attached Thumbnails img_20190101_075610791.jpg