Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 16-18, 2018 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 16-18, 2018

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 16-18, 2018

Old 03-18-2018, 02:33 PM

Thanks for hosting, Heather!

See everyone next month.

Rob
Old 03-18-2018, 02:59 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]591217[/ATTACH]The aforementioned St.Patrick's Day runner quilted. Also got the binding made today. Needs to be squared up before I attach but dinner is calling. Will square up and bind tomorrow.
A little late but at least it's the same weekend lol.
Quilting Vagabond great tote-you couldn't have planned that with the thread if you tried!
Attached Thumbnails img_20180318_184913.jpg  
Old 03-18-2018, 03:15 PM

Awesome projects posted.

Here are my 4 pineapple block blocks done. [ATTACH=CONFIG]591223[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_5238_4-block-pianapple.jpg  
Old 03-18-2018, 04:39 PM

Great progress everyone. Macybaby- wow, the wonkey houses are daring and the other quilt is amazing also!!
Krista, you have been very productive. All your projects are fantastic.
FabQuilter, those pineapple block are stunning.
Battleaxe & Nesie, very nice projects.
VQ - I love it when the thread runs out at the perfect time. That’s a cool looking tote bag.

Thanks Heather for hosting VQW. I look forward to the next one.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:09 PM

Finally checking in, so many awesome projects finished this weekend, and great pictures.

Don't know if I picked up something yesterday, but I am not firing on all cylinders today. Constantly cold and have that ugh feeling. I Did enjoy the movie yesterday, we saw "I can only image". It was about Bart Millard, song writer and singer and the band Mercy Me's start.

The parade yesterday got a little repetitive. First St. Patric's day and probably the last in St. Paul, may try a small town next year, since it's on Sunday in 2019. Enjoyed the bands but watching people walk, got dull after a while. The audience was just as colorful as the people in the parade, and some times you could not tell who was walking and who was watching.

Did get a little stitching done in the morning and evening yesterday. And today I finished the binding!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]591238[/ATTACH]

Calling it finished so 1 UFO for me in March thanks to the VQW, I have the label to attach but still have to figure the wording then into the wash to make sure it's clean. Think I might try and deliver it on Wednesday.
I'm getting better at figuring the continuous binding, I have 14 inches left over. and a piece of binding material that is 5 x 24 inches.
Attached Thumbnails dsci3993c.jpg  
Old 03-18-2018, 07:45 PM

Thanks for the VQW and the eye candy from participants. I made small progress on my Christmas Lights BH Mystery but any progress is forward movement. Looking forward to next month. Happy quilting everyone.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:47 PM

I've been collecting shirts a la Bonnie Hunter for a few years. Some were de-boned. I must have been planning to do the 7 shirts quilt and "tie quilt" with the buttons, cuz I had the bits and buttons all wrapped up in the backs. Very inconvenient, to use a shirt bit I had to unwrap the bundle.

Saturday, I unwrapped all those bundles, baggied the buttons. The bits are all folded individually and stacked in a laundry basket. About 60. I want browns for Smith mountain, but only have one. Several reds, a lavender, couple yellows, three oranges. Bunch of blacks. Mostly blues.

NOW, I can cut! Especially since today I cleared off the cutting table. Also went to work 4 hours and worship this morning, so just a bit of sewing room today.

Not really quilting, but related, eh?
Old 03-18-2018, 08:40 PM

Worked on our Easter door banner...the white paper rays will be a sunny yellow. Plan to hang Easter morning ... still have a way to go I am enjoying this project

Judy in Phx, AZ
Attached Thumbnails img_2335.jpg  
Old 03-18-2018, 09:14 PM

I had the usual things get in the way, shopping, dog walking, exercise, worship, etc, but I did manage to get the fan done for my quick quilt. Of course, I reversed the colors in three blades so that slowed progress down, too. Next is to applique on a background unless I get brave and try to do it like a very large Drunkard's path block. The blades are 40 inches.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]591247[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fan.jpg  
Old 03-18-2018, 10:23 PM

Heather, thanks again for hosting the VQW, I have enjoyed the inspiration from each beautiful input. Thanks everyone for your gorgeous work. I will be looking forward to next month and hopefully it will allow me to produce just a few more finishes. Enjoy your times with your little worker bees. Thanks again

Cherry