Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart Full Service Fabric Center Closure Petition >

Walmart Full Service Fabric Center Closure Petition

Walmart Full Service Fabric Center Closure Petition

Old 09-10-2010, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by sewgull
Why go to Wal-Mart if they have fabric? I sure would not.
I am sorry that you would not go for Fabric. For all of us who have a Walmart with a fabric department, we need it. We don't have a huge variety of Fabric stored to select from. Also, Walmart brings a lot of new people to quilting, sewing because the bring fabric at a price people can afford to pay with todays economy. If you are lucky enough to be able to shop and pay more for your fabric. Don't turn your nose up to the rest us. Maybe you could help someone who isn't as lucky as you!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
My friends and I do buy fabric at WalMart, and have found it to be fine for lots of "drag around" quilts for kids, varous gift quilts and even household utilitarian items. If you watch what you buy you can find some good deals on very decent fabric. I am not ashamed to say I buy fabric at WalMart...who's with me!!
I'm with you !!!
I shop at all kinds of fabric stores. I use LQS fabric for special projects that I want passed on from geration to generation or special gifts, but I buy at Wally World for young grandchildren,
I have eight! They drag them across floors, carpet, and lay on them with their dogs. Why pay 10.00 a yd for that???
Old 09-10-2010, 04:25 AM

I signed, hope it helps... :lol:
Old 09-10-2010, 04:32 AM
Power Poster

I guess ourFabric dept is cloing too, in the two closest to me. I am so sad, I've called the 1-800 numbers, signed the petition, and they are still leaving. I LOVE their animal prints!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Feather3
Our local Wal-Mart is almost done with their new remodel & I can tell you sales are down & many prices have gone up. I went to Wal-Mart today & the parking lot, that's normally full, was barely 1/3 full. I didn't even have to wait in line at the check out!! Many products/brands have been removed from their shelves, forcing people to shop at other stores for their fav brands. Despite petitions & phone calls to corporate the fabric dept in my local Wal-Mart is gone. They did put pre-cuts on the shelves. I think Wal-Mart has "bitten off their nose to spite their face". They assumed they could under sell Mom & Pop stores, put them out of business, & customers would shop at Wal-Mart & buy any brand they put on their shelves. Many areas, like mine, are very limited as to store options. We have Wal-Mart, K-Mart & Lowes. If we want much else we have to drive 25 plus miles.
Our Wal-Mart is currently remodeling, I told them I wounld'nt be back till they got their 'mess' straightened up. We have a Freds locally which may be my new store of choice from now on. They don't carry fabric, but then neither does our Wal-Mart. Im going where its more convenient for ME!!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:01 AM

None of the Walmart's in my area sell fabric, but I signed the petition anyway. I usually shop at my LQS or online. Lots of good fabric online and I haven't had any trouble yet.

The decision has already been made and the fabric centers are gone

The decision has already been made and the fabric centers are gone
Old 09-10-2010, 05:03 AM

OUR WAL-MART stopped selling fabric more than 3 years which is a pain our nearest fabric store is 50 miles one way , where wal-mart was 12 big difference in time and gas, I have used wal-mart fabric for many items and have had very good luck. like some of you mentioned income has a big bearing on things , our fabric dept, was replaced with party paper plates etc. go figure that one out!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:07 AM

Our local WalMart built a new super store and with that - the fabric department went away. We signed many petitions and they did no good. I live in a area that has 1 LQS and the next is 27 miles away. The only JoAnns is 75 miles away. I guess I can understand in an area with many options to purchase fabric and supplies, tha they would do away with that department. However, in an area that has no mulitple options, why have it go away.
What they did put into the new store was - are you ready for this - tropical fish! I really think they sold much more fabric and other supplies compaired to fish. So that my friends, is where WalMarts head is at.