Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Well I am going to do I am buyin a new sewing machine

I just looked at a Janome machine last week. The salesman offered to sell it for $400. with my old Singer as a trade. (I don't recall the Janome ###) I'm going to go look at it again today, and tell him the reason I haven't been in to seal the deal is that my husband has to take my old machine out of the built-in cabinet. He's been too busy, and I was away to Wash.DC to the march for LIFE on a church bus. I ..want to know if this price is a good deal. I'll return to this site later today when I get the number on the model. ....later ladies....Jeanne

Congratulations! We do love our machines don't we.
    Atleast our husbands know where they can find us. LOL
    Spending time in our sewing rooms. :thumbup:

Lucky you!

Blog Entries
    Wooohoooo! A new baby and it sounds wonderful, Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by BevJoan
    I Love my Janome Horizon. Have had it several months and it is wonderful. Would not trade it. Congratualtions, it is worth the wait.
    Has anyone put their horizon on a frame or FMQ'd with it?? How do you like it?

I just got a 7700 and I love it. And yes, the 11" "harp" area is fantastic!!!

I just luuuuvvvve my Horizon. I have the 11000SE and when I got the Horizon, the 11000SE sits in the corner. It's basically my embroidery machine only now. I do everything on the Horizon. I adore it. I had the 6600 and traded it in for the Horizon, didn't like the 6600 as much as I thought I would, it didn't have a freearm.

I do not have a quilting frame (yet) so I do not know how it would work. It should be a little better as the throat size is larger.

I just bought the 7700 before Christmas. Love many of the features except the little plate that closes (or is supposed to) every time you go to straight stitch. That came off. That feature is kind of annoying. Wish it was easier to go to selected stitches. LOVE the thread cutter!! Haven't done much quilting with it yet but like the idea of the larger harp. That is one of the reasons I traded in my 4900. Any suggestions?

Janome acknowledged several months ago that there was a problem with the needle plate. Anyone that had registered their machine received a new needle plate automatically directly from Janome. If yours is giving you problems and you have registered your machine, you need to contact your dealer or Janome so you can get your replacement. I had registered my machine and it was one of the first ones that came out and was sent one automatically although I have never had a problem with the original one. Hope this information helps you.

Janome acknowledged several months ago that there was a problem with the needle plate. Anyone that had registered their machine received a new needle plate automatically directly from Janome. If yours is giving you problems and you have registered your machine, you need to contact your dealer or Janome so you can get your replacement. I had registered my machine and it was one of the first ones that came out and was sent one automatically although I have never had a problem with the original one. Hope this information helps you.

Congratulations on your Horizon! I got one in early December and have been loving it!

Congratulations! I know you will enjoy your new machine.

The end of April is a long time to wait. Maybe you should take a few yards of fabric over to your dealer in the meantime and get a head start on that quilt? lol

you will love it. Bought one 2 weeks ago with the table and I am still learning but so far so good

Blog Entries
    Well, good for you! I keep looking and toying with the idea of a new machine. I am not familiar with a Janome so will have to research it. I am happy for you and now that you have done it, know you will be happy too.

This sound like a plan to me. i want to know if you are getting a good deal. I'm looking to purchase one too but not sure which one.

Blog Entries
    Wow! How can you ever wait that long?? I'd be busting at the seams.

Hi again!
    I just got back from town and chekcing the price of the Janome machine I was looking at. DC2010 for $400. including trade. Or the DC4030 $599.00 The second model has a button for sewing ;No pedal which was nicer but for the difference in price, does a pedal bother anyone????

I am envious. I have the 6600, a wonderful machine. But I have test-driven the 7700, too and I am in love.
    Congratulations.

We paid 3,000 for the machine so take care to what she wants for it . You can also check the price on line at Janome.com. Y ou will also love the 5 lights. Ask her to throw in the extra FMQ bobbin holder. It Really makes a difference. The machine is great congrats.

Blog Entries
    I loooove my Horizon Alexis

congratulations

bring it on!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

I looked it up on-line.... wow. A dream machine. Enjoy!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast