Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Well I am going to do I am buyin a new sewing machine

Are you keeping enough in reserve to sew with?
    I have a 9" throat and it makes a lot of difference. You will find it a breeze after struggling with the other.

Blog Entries
    See if you can get them to throw in the table that it fits in, and the rolling tote if you're taking it anywhere. There are some extra "walking foot" feet that you might like. And tell him you're going to need a lifetime's supply of needles, bobbins, and thread!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    I just got off the phone with my dealer and she told me that the shipment will be in the 3rd week of April and if I call back then she will give me a very good deal and throw in some extras...

Now honestly if you did not know what I was talking about you would think I deal drugs LOL

I am going to purchase the Janome Horizon 7700 I have fallen in love with the 11" throat and well it is just plain cool! So what does this mean to you???? I am no longer buying fabric I will be selling what I don't need to fund my new machine!!!
    I have the Horizon and I LOVE it!!! I call it my little red sportscar! When you are negotiating those "extras" that your dealer is going to throw in, get a 1/4" Accu-feed foot for piecing. It comes with an Accu-feed foot, but it is too wide to sew a 1/4" seam. The 1/4" Accu-feed has a guide on it and I use it all the time when I am piecing. I have also set it up on a Grace Company machine quilting frame. It works flawlessly and with speeds of up to 1000 spm, it really goes!! The 11 inch throat is awesome for frame quilting or free motion. Good luck and keep us posted on how you like it!! I don't know how you can wait for April!!

I bought the 7700 in August. I love it!

I have done FMQ with it - works great. I'm not really very good at it but this machine has so much space that it makes it easier.

Blog Entries
    Wonderful for you. One question though. What will sew on it if you sell all of your fabric? :)

Quote Originally Posted by BevJoan
    Janome acknowledged several months ago that there was a problem with the needle plate. Anyone that had registered their machine received a new needle plate automatically directly from Janome. If yours is giving you problems and you have registered your machine, you need to contact your dealer or Janome so you can get your replacement. I had registered my machine and it was one of the first ones that came out and was sent one automatically although I have never had a problem with the original one. Hope this information helps you.
    I hadn't heard anything about the needle plate. I did get the new 1/4" foot in the mail because I had registered it - it's a little better than the original that came with it.

Lucky! Congrats on your new machine. Happy quilting!

Good for you and enjoy. I would not be able to wait that long.

Is the Jonome horizon 7700 just a sewing machine or is it sewing and embroider to thanks

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! I know you are counting the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Ann
    Is the Jonome horizon 7700 just a sewing machine or is it sewing and embroider to thanks
    It is just a sewing machine - doesn't embroider. But has 250 decorative stitches, memory and 4 alphabets. Does just about everything but cook dinner and clean the house!!!

Congrats on your soon to be new machine! Have heard such nice things about the machine. One day will own a Janome of some kind!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on the new machine. I bought the Horizon in September, and it is a wonderful machine. One word, when you pick up the machine, make sure you get the new 1/4" foot. It has a groove all the way across the bottom. Janome sent me mine when I registerd the machine on line. Without this redesigned foot, you cannot maintain a 1/4" seam when sewing over seams. Ask me how I know!!!

Good to know about the quarter inch foot. I haven't been really impressed with the one I got with my 7700. Way to generous 1/4". I plan to whine about it when I go in for my 'lessons'.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes, I still move my needle over to the right a space or 2 just to be on the safe side. I can get destracted very easily and "poof" there goes my 1/4 inch seam.

I am going to sell the fabric that I have no plans for the stuff I needed but no ideas for. I have plenty and will still have plenty. I cannot wait for the machine and from my dealer she said there will lots of extras with the machine. So I have a few months to save my $$!! I will be selling one of my machines that I just do not use at all not because I don't like it I just don't do embrodery and I love my Juki.

Congrats on your new baby

If I didn't have a 6500, I'd be tempted but can't see the value in only upgrading a bit. The throat is great and like the needle down feature too.

Enjoy the 6500, but also have 6 older Singers as well. (I like the Touch & Sew models where you don't have to remove the bobbin to rewind it. Also like the bobbin because you can unscrew it to get rid of thread you don't want.)

My Horizon that my parents bought me for Christmas is still sitting in its box :oops:
    When I do a little sewing though I will sit there and admire it though for what seems like ages. Still too frightened to take it out and use it though. Hope you enjoy yours when you get her, what fun you will be able to have then :D

Quote Originally Posted by Maybe1day
    My Horizon that my parents bought me for Christmas is still sitting in its box :oops:
    When I do a little sewing though I will sit there and admire it though for what seems like ages. Still too frightened to take it out and use it though. Hope you enjoy yours when you get her, what fun you will be able to have then :D
    Don't fear -- it's such a nifty machine, really easy to use. I have had novices use my 6500 w/o any problems -- even had a group of quilters watching with enby while one tried it out. Great fun -- get it out of the box and have a ball!

Does sound like you're hearing from your "dealer" and this "habit" certainly is our "drug of choice".

Congrats and enjoy.

Maybe1day, the dealer where the machine was purchased should offer you a class to show you how to run it and make use of all the amazing features it has.
    A machine with all those capabilities needs and wants to be used.

Power Poster
    Yah whoo good for you.

I am sure they would but the shop where my parents bought it is 3.5hours away from where I live so while they are willing I am not willing to drive all that distance :D
    A dealer closer to home has offered to give me lessons on it, show me around it etc. which is great.

Maybe1day

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast