Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would Kon Mari do with quilters' stashes? >

What would Kon Mari do with quilters' stashes?

What would Kon Mari do with quilters' stashes?

Old 03-24-2015, 07:44 PM
RST

She does have personal charisma, even in translation, doesn't she?

In the spirit of the Kon Mari way I decided to hang all the yardage I have which is big enough to be used as backings or significant portions of a pieced back, so for me, 3 yards and up. I've got most of them clipped into skirt hangers so I can see what I have at a glance rather than rummage through big bins where it's out of sight, out of mind. 2 big bins out from under foot makes me happy.

If I have the energy, I'll fold my fat quarter to 2 yard collection all nice and uniform too.

I already have my smaller than fat quarter scraps in color coded bins and under pretty good control.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:41 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like I am doing what she is advocating, surrounding myself with items I love. Hahahahahaha!
Old 03-25-2015, 04:45 AM

RST

Thanks for starting this I had never heard of Marie Kondo and I am finding this very interesting.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I checked out some of her youtube videos -- she's absolutely adorable! If we apply her principles, do we get to look like her, too? LOL.
She got to throw out all her bad facial features! She just told them they were not additive in her life and they had to go. LOL

Fabric gets dusty and fades, mousies hide nuts and seeds in them, a mommy squirrel tore the batting off a quilt sandwich to make a nest, and moths needed to share the space with my indigo-dyed wool. All sad tales but true.

Of course I am not taking them out and admiring them every day, or hahahaha dusting.

I don't even put my thread spools on the wall where they can get dusty. But I do like to look in the drawers and enjoy my stash that way. I know it's there, hidden away and safe.