Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what would you do if your daughter came home and said you ex is getting married and ? >

what would you do if your daughter came home and said you ex is getting married and ?

what would you do if your daughter came home and said you ex is getting married and ?

Old 11-27-2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by ogama View Post
what would you do if your ex is getting mararied and she want you to help her make him a quilt for the wedding.
I'm guessing the ex is her father? It would be hard, but as someone said, you'd be doing it more for her than for him. If you helped her, you are the hero, if not, she'll remember that you turned her away. Is him not getting a quilt really worth that?
Old 11-27-2011, 09:03 AM

I would help guide her in sewing the quilt. Later when you have the house to yourself, make bread the old fashioned way and pound the $%@#!! out of the dough or go outside and chop the blazes out of the weeds and then move on.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:07 AM

I would show her how but have her do all of the work.. If she is game to try and learn that is a plus in my book. If she wants you to do all of the work, than that is a different story.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:11 AM

I would help her make the quilt it makes you the better person and I bet the new wife will love sleeping under a quilt she will know you had a hand in making Lol ! its 2 for the price of one keeping your daughter happy and the new wife a little uncomfortable'
Old 11-27-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by angelaz View Post
I agree, I would suggest you help her and treasure the time you get to spend teaching her something you love so much. No matter what your relationship is with your ex, he is still her daddy and she loves him. You did something right to allow her to hold onto that.
My thoughts, as well!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:42 AM

Help her gladly. Let her know you love her and that you are happy that she has a relationship with her father. Be proud that you raised her to love her father.
Have her pick the pattern and the colors and have her do most of the work with you guiding her.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by angelaz View Post
I agree, I would suggest you help her and treasure the time you get to spend teaching her something you love so much. No matter what your relationship is with your ex, he is still her daddy and she loves him. You did something right to allow her to hold onto that.
So well said. It will be fun to sew with your daughter as well.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:06 AM

help her- also if its by her the new wife won,t toss it no matter how great a quilt it is....
Old 11-27-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by frauhahn View Post
The best thing to do would be to help her-but make her do most of it herself. You'll look like a really great person in her eyes. And-you're doing it for her, not for him. I imagine it's hard to be put in this position, though.

I agree I would watch over give advice but it would be of her own making..
Old 11-27-2011, 10:16 AM

Have been there and done that, He loves his daughters and his new wife and I are very good friends. The fact that we were 18 when married is worlds away from where we are now. The dad is a wonderful person and so i his wife. I would jump right in and help dd make the quilt.