Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ? >

while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ?

while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ?

Old 06-25-2013, 06:39 PM

My schedule is cleaning in the mornings and quilting in the afternoons. Of course, quilt guild and sewing groups also meet in the mornings. And then toward the end of the week there are garage and estate sales in the mornings. During the summer, my walk must be taken in the morning when it is still cool. The bottom line is that maybe 2 mornings/week are spent cleaning with something else getting in the way the other days.

My husband does the dishes, and I never cook.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:02 PM

I Just love how different, and alike, we all are! My house is "comfortable"...it is the house everyone always wants to be at. We have nice things, but they are just that..."things". I have two signs...one in the entryway says..."My house was clean last week...sorry you missed it", and the one on the porch says..."You can write in the dust...just don't date it." Both signs have generated many comments and laughs. My laundry gets done, my dishes washed, floors swept, bathrooms cleaned and carpets shampooed....just not "anal" about it. Life is too short!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Once I was told the dishes had been in the sink for 3 days. My hands were sore after very busy days at salon. I told him he could stick them where the sun didn't shine. Next day he installed a dishwasher because there were butcher knives in the sink and he thought a dishwasher would be less painful. If he gets to the clean clothes before I do, he puts his own undergarments away unfolded. His thinking is, if anyone can see the wrinkles in his shorts they have "REALLY" invaded his space. I always give the house a lick and a promise to do better the next time.
Thats hilarious, don't have enough guts to say that. I like your thinking
Old 06-25-2013, 08:38 PM

Im like most of you house is comfortably clean. then again Im visually impaired by the time I see dust or dirt were in trouble. I live in very small town. Would love to have cleaning lady but where do you find one in small area and 2. dont want someo e I know cleaning my house!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Trisher View Post
I was just kidding! I know how dirty it gets under the fridge! It is just so hard to get at it!
I can't remember where I got this idea, but you can make a wonderful tool for cleaning under the fridge, washing machine, sofa, etc. out of an extra yardstick and a strip of fleece. Cut the fleece almost as long as the yardstick and wide enough to go around it plus an inch or so. Seam the raw edges across the bottom and up the side and slip the yardstick in. It picks up dust bunnies and pet hairs and is easy to clean by sweeping it with a broom, or you can wash the fleece with a load of dark clothes.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 PM

I live alone with 3 dogs and a cat. I love to sew cleaning is if I want to use a different sewing machine or I'm changing a bobbin. Some days I sew in comfortable clothes my middle dog brings me other clothes usually a complete set. I think I am OCD to quilting and cleaning the house, doesn't seem to be included. Trying to train dog to take dirty clothes to washer, then will train her to open door and switch on I will put powder in. Next is to train another to put waste paper in bin.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Power Poster

Housework is highly overrated. I do the bare minimum so I can play with my craft. Is anyone were to complain, I'd hand them a rag and invite them to go knock themselves out.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:20 AM
Power Poster

Glad to hear there are other messy houses, I thought it was just me. Who want to clean, when there asre so many quilt patterns to do!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:49 AM

If it doesn't bother you why worry? My mother was an impeccable housekeeper, to the point of making everyone who entered the house or lived there miserable. Therefore I'm a slob. Luckily my husband is retired and a pretty good housekeeper so all I have to do is pitch in occasionally. I also work full time at home though, as a medical transcriptionist. It's all good. Don't worry, be happy.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:01 AM

I figure if I can keep ahead of the cat hair dust bunnies, it's good