Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ? >

while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ?

while quilting my house goes to pot ..any one else ?

Old 06-26-2013, 03:07 AM

My saying is "You can clean all day, but what do you have at the end of the day? A dirty house!" Quilting all day, at least gives you something to show what you have been doing all day.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:11 AM

I noticed the house is cleaned or the quilt room is straight. Can't have both on the same day.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:13 AM

I like my Mom's philosophy: "I'm going to be under 6 feet of dust for a very long time, I'm not chasing it while I'm alive."

She liked to garden, read, fish and watch birds.....

Deb
Old 06-26-2013, 03:16 AM

sorry, but i guess you'd say I'm OCD about my house including my sewing space. I can not be productive knowing something is out of place in other parts of my home - guilt trip makes me clean first, quilt later
Old 06-26-2013, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by HillCountryGal View Post
Exactly WandaVA...
Haven't been to one cemetary and found a headstone that says "She was a good housekeeper".
Hmmm, I should post that at our local grocery store...live in a cluster of homes where rarely see any of the wives outside....too busy making sure no dust dares settle in their " museums" and hubbies are busy mowing lawns every 3days whether needed or no----except my house! It is clean but not obsessively so.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:59 AM

If it's clean enough that I don't fear the Health Department and I don't find any live rats in the piles in the sewing room, it's good enough so I can quilt if that's what I want to do!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:12 AM

I keep mine decent, but there are plenty of dust bunnies (probably more like rabbits) around here!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:48 AM

Years ago, when my three kids were little, I hung a sampler in my kitchen that said "my home is clean enough to be healthy, ans messy enough to be happy.". This attitude has served well for many years, as well as the Sidetracked Home Executive rule, Set the standards for orderliness yourself. For me, I like a clear sink, a made bed, so my handmade comforter and shams look nice, and most things put away. Now that we are retired, we try to pick up after ourselves and keep things in fair shape, without getting obsessive about it. Just our level of comfort. Plenty of time to quilt, too!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:55 AM

I work full-time out of the house and my commute is 40 miles one way. I leave at 6am and return at 4:30pm. My DH is retired and makes most of the mess in the house. He cooks and does the dishes, but I don't want a 3 course meal every night and he eats very spicy so I don't always eat what he cooks. He's passion this week is gardening and tracks in mud and grass so he gets to do the vacuuming. He takes care of the lawn too since he is outside anyway. He does his own laundry because he's ruined enough of my work clothes so I told him I will do my own.

I keep the bathrooms clean and sweep the floors, feed and groom the dog and keep the pool clean and treated. They way I see it...I make the money and pay all the bills, do my laundry and pick up after myself, so he can help out with the rest. I also babysit my grandkids every weekend so I MUST quilt just to keep my sanity.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:25 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose house wouldn't be on the cover of Better Homes and Garden. I hate housekeeping. The dishes are in the dishwasher. Can't stand dirty dishes in the sink. When it get full they get washed. The rest of the house is a lick and a promise.