Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
*****SIGN UP CLOSED****10 1/2" layer cake Stash Buster Swap - Jan 2011 Swap- ***SIGN UP CLOSED** >

*****SIGN UP CLOSED****10 1/2" layer cake Stash Buster Swap - Jan 2011 Swap- ***SIGN UP CLOSED**

*****SIGN UP CLOSED****10 1/2" layer cake Stash Buster Swap - Jan 2011 Swap- ***SIGN UP CLOSED**

Old 01-17-2011, 08:23 PM

A big piece of life got in my way. A very dear friend of mine, Rob, was shot and killed by his wifes boyfriend after his wife drugged him on 1-2-11 and then they took him 7 miles out of town to the river, shot him in the face and them pushed him off the r/r tresle and down to the river. I have known him since he was 15. He was an explorer on our Search & Rescue team with my 2 sons. He went into the Marines with my oldest son. He tested for the Calif Highway Patrol with this same son, after they discharged, but Rob didn't pass. He was a deputy Sheriff then changed over to the Police Dept. He stayed in contact with my son's as they are also law enforcement. He left behind 2 children. They had a beautiful service for him last Saturday.

I will get my blocks sent tomorrow as I don't want to let this swap down. I enjoy these swaps so much. Thank you for letting me ramble for a moment.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:43 PM

Bonnie,

I can't say I'm sorry enough, this is horrible. For the life of me I can't understand people doing these inhuman acts, surely they don't think they can get away with this! Obviously this man was a good person. Take your time to grieve as you must. Also this group is here for you, preparing for your swaps are a good way to let your mind heal. I have so much going on here and this anxiety is no help at all! It may sound silly to a lot of people but I am very thankful for this group to be able to come to, even if it's just to exchange patterns and a smile or two. It helps more than one knows. My sympathy goes out to you and his family. God help those that done this!! They will pay dearly!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:52 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Bonnie-
I am soo sorry. Vent, yell, cry whatever you need we are here .. What a horrible ordeal to have to go thru.. No words can express my sympathy for you and everyone who's lives hes touched. My thoughts and prayers goes out to you and all of those who will be grieving for his loss..
Old 01-18-2011, 06:40 AM

My prayers go out to your family and Rob's as well.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:59 AM

Oh Bonnie! Nothing can be said to ease the sorrow. I, too, lost a dear friend many years ago due to a murder. Over the years it has never ceased to amaze me how peoples lives would have been so different had my friend lived. It's just heartbreaking. The children, the grandchildren, the parents, the friends, business partners, just so many people affected by an unjust loss. I don't understand how people can be so cruel to one another. My prayers are with you.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:10 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

rec'd in todays mail:

Dorrellann ( package AND envelope)
Jeantro
Dream56
bonitagaye
Kay Carlson
Old 01-18-2011, 06:22 PM

That is so sad. Prayers are headed your way.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:22 PM

Ok, I pm'd that I'd participate but did not post here so I've missed out on 13 pages of messages and almost forgot to mail mine!

Anyways, my package is in the mail and I'm all in!

Julie
Old 01-19-2011, 02:03 PM

Nothing in today's mail.. :cry:
Old 01-19-2011, 05:01 PM

Sorta had an emergency here, nothing has gone right since Monday. Lost phone,lost internet, no way to get around, ran out of my medications and anxiety without your meds is hell!Just got the net back on, I'm sending my packages out in the morning or I'll never do this again! You'd think something so simple as getting some fabric squares together wouldn't be so hard to do. But when life jumps up and slaps you in the face it really gets you hard! From now on I'll get mine done and in the mail within the first couple of weeks or I won't sign up for another swap. I'm usually a big cutup and goof but it scares me when it gets this close and I"m scared stiff of it being left on Lindas shoulders. Someone yell at me so I'll feel better!