Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
~ Fun and Funky  Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed >

~ Fun and Funky Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed

~ Fun and Funky Winter Holidays Block Swap ... Sign up Closed

Old 07-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by robert
Mine are done. They're all embriodered. Hope yall like them! :)

I left them at 9.5" square but they can be cut down to 6.5" square or 9.5"x6.5" if wanted.

P.S. I sent a pm to join the swap just now. Thanks for having me.
Hi robert! We sure love your blocks! Thanks for joining the swap again. It is nice having you guys in our swaps.

:thumbup:
Old 07-30-2011, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by moonrise
Originally Posted by BarbM32

Moonrise, I think it is wonderful you and Robert are interacting together with your embroidery. Is he quilting with you as well.
He helps me load the quilt onto the frame when I go to quilt it, helps choose fabric colors, and helps cut pieces sometimes, but other than embroidery (he finds the machine fascinating :lol: ), he doesn't really enjoy the actual sewing or piecing process. It's fun spending time with him though, and I really appreciate his help. :thumbup:
I think you two are adorable working together like this. My hubby won't even try to learn anything to do with sewing or the machines. He thinks the reverse setting takes the stitches out! LOL...

In all fairness though... I don't understand the golfing thing either. So.. we are even.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Luv2Sew, I keep going back to see your SC block. I don't care for paper piecing but your block has about convinced me to go for it one more time. So glad now that I have the pattern..
Its time consuming but I think I'm going to make them, I made a pom pom for his hat and I think its just adorable...
Lv2sew ... I love them but....Please don't apply those embellishments! Remember... they need to be on the side in a little baggy.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

Oooo these sound interesting Short an Sweet! Just let me know when you are signing up what you want to do, ok?

I can't wait to see them!

I have been learning to use my embroidery module and I hope to use it in one of my block sets.

Isn't learning something new fun?
Old 07-30-2011, 08:27 AM

LOL at the reverse comment! ;)
Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Originally Posted by moonrise

Moonrise, I think it is wonderful you and Robert are interacting together with your embroidery. Is he quilting with you as well.
He helps me load the quilt onto the frame when I go to quilt it, helps choose fabric colors, and helps cut pieces sometimes, but other than embroidery (he finds the machine fascinating :lol: ), he doesn't really enjoy the actual sewing or piecing process. It's fun spending time with him though, and I really appreciate his help. :thumbup:
I think you two are adorable working together like this. My hubby won't even try to learn anything to do with sewing or the machines. He thinks the reverse setting takes the stitches out! LOL...

In all fairness though... I don't understand the golfing thing either. So.. we are even.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:46 AM

oldcatlady-we are all quilters and pieced blocks are the core of quilting...WE'LL LOVE THEM!!
Originally Posted by oldcatlady
I'm in for 4 sets. I don't embroider or applique (am hoping to get some in the halloween swap) so I hope no one minds my pieced blocks. Maybe you can use them as transition blocks in your projects or as fillers :)
Old 07-30-2011, 10:25 AM

Luv2Sew, I keep going back to see your SC block. I don't care for paper piecing but your block has about convinced me to go for it one more time. So glad now that I have the pattern..
Its time consuming but I think I'm going to make them, I made a pom pom for his hat and I think its just adorable...
Lv2sew ... I love them but....Please don't apply those embellishments! Remember... they need to be on the side in a little baggy.
Yes, I know I had posted earlier that all the extras would be put in a bag if I decided to make them...
This was a practice Santa to see if I could or liked doing them... :D
Old 07-30-2011, 10:33 AM

They're ADORABLE!!!!!
Yes, I know I had posted earlier that all the extras would be put in a bag if I decided to make them...
This was a practice Santa to see if I could or liked doing them... :D
Old 07-30-2011, 10:42 AM

Luv 2 Sew; if this is to be your blocks I sure hope Santa Claus drops into my swap packet. If I am lucky enough to get one from you, it will become part of a lap cover for the back of my divan.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:35 PM

Guess what I got in the mail today? Reginalovesfabric sent these adorable 6 1/2" machine embroidered blocks for the swap! Way to go regina! I love the early bird mailers! Yours are gong into the winter swap bin right now!

There is 12 red and 12 dark green sun bonnet christmas/winter images... Aren't they adorable??
Can you please share where you got our designs?Mary Ellen