Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 10-11-2013, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I am wondering are we taking a break for winter or are you doing another swap dusytsmomma? what about a simpler one for the winter time as we all are full of busy busy jobs? how about we do a quilted potholder swap for winter? easy fast (well unless your me not fast at all) and smaller ...? l think we could get a bigger playing pool if the concept was reduced less rooms, less options at least for now. I heard all over way too many obligations to sign up for my runner swap. I went from 22 partners for fall to 8 due to holiday obligations. just a thought
My current plan is to wait until after Christmas. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm up to my eyeballs in backlogged projects I need to catch up on, including finishing your housewarming project! I'll probably post the signup in December, signup deadline early January, shipping deadline in March. I'm thinking "Spring Break" for a theme. All the Easter decor that come out of it can have its time to show off before the holiday hits.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:08 AM

WELL HELLO GROUPIES! such a toasty warm frosty morning but well.. inside the house and all, it doesn't bother me at all! a few snow flurries early this morning, frost galore and me, hot coffee and a snuggy to keep my legs warm. EGAD two years ago when I received this leopard print snuggy thing I thought What the H.... this came from the great gift give my dh of course (recall the jackalope and the beaver pelt, snake skins, squirrel skulls). I was thinking bloody h.. I have to use that thing. Its dumb but thrown over your legs it does keep them warm I guess. My cats love it and sleep on it all the time. they like to nap inside my coffee table which is where the blanket lives. They just pop open the cupboard doors and waltz on inside and are gone for hours. goofy cats.

Yesterday I was on a butternut squash roll. I roasted half the squash plain til just cooked then made a pot of butternuts squash soup oh my was that ever so good! the rest I cubbed up put on a cookie sheet with a bit of olive oil and fresh crushed garlic and roasted til nice and crispy, golden done. Made a pot of pasta, added the squash, galic butter and diced ham, a bit of parm and tada! dinner for tonight. course I have to make something else for the man who wouldn't dream of eating those things. what a dork! think today I might add some peas to the pasta too.. the squash is so sweet and the ham salty and well the peas might add color right? lol like I care. I can put them next to it also I suppose.

I mailed to my partner she should receive it today I hope. I am curious .. I sent a priority package to CA to tlambing. I went to check the status on it and it says that I cant check that number online to go to my post office. what does that mean? why cant you check them on line? curiosity and all...
Old 10-14-2013, 07:13 AM

Is the post office open today being that it's Columbus Day - if not maybe the servers are down as well.

I love butternut squash - I have two jumbo butternuts sitting on the workbench waiting to be processed. Yesterday I baked and froze 12 quarts of squash - I get squash from a Menonite family at such a perfect price point that it doesn't make sense for me to plant them when I don't have the room in my garden for all those vines. If my folks were such kermungeons I could probably have planted there - but the stars lined up and said it wasn't ment to be - their loss. I processed acorn and two other varieties yesterday - I can't remember what they're called - oh well - doesn't matter because they're mighty tasty.

I have my partners project cut out - will sew together tonight after company leaves - having a Norwex party for one of my girlfriends that sells it - I personally don't own any but I have friends interested in it so agreed to host a party; we're having chicken salad on shoestring potatoes, fresh fruit, garlic toast and warm apple crisp with vanilla icecream for dessert. It will be a lot of fun - it's been a long time since I hosted this sort of party.

You all have a wonderful day.

Kristine
Old 10-14-2013, 10:33 AM

Tam...moo, I was going to mail your stuff off today, but found the post office is closed! I'll get it in the mail Wed. on the way to set up the quilt show. Wish me luck! I've got 2 quilts & a vest in the show.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:48 PM

ok you got me what is a norwex party? seriously.. ready set????

my squash soup ate the last of it for dinner was as grand as it was yesterday. boy was that good. too bad I can only eat 4 oz at a meal of liquid and not drink anything with it. .it counts towards liquid. gee it was pretty thick so technically its not .all liquid right> just agree with me would you! I gave the rest to my neighbors they found me a box spring so now I can sleep in BED again. a comfortable pillow top bed. I have slept on the couch since June and well its a loveseat and a rock all in one. now that the boxspring is here we put it back on the frame and well lucky me. so shared my soup they came over today and said it was super good.

wonder if I can pass on some of the chicken liver pate to them also> they gave me the livers so in theory either they hate them or they were just sharing some of their extras. the pate is sooo good too. added hard boiled eggs to it and mushrooms before I blend it all together and it was better than regular. I grew up on that stuff so don't knock it. I love liverwurst too and branschwagger spell check. only one thing from kidhood that I hate is blood sausage. boy I didn't like that at all. but this stuff.. is good
Old 10-14-2013, 11:17 PM

l've had a rather rough day today. Didn't get much done except the planning of my partner's placemats. I'm planning on making four two sided. Not sure how it will work, though. Tomorrow am I have a hair appt to get it cut and then a perm. It hasn't been cut since April, and it's getting so long it won't hold the curl. So, I'll be back at work in the aftn. And tomorrow night is American Legion Auxiliary, so no work then. I'm planning on making the deadline, I hope, I hope. Goin to bed now, it's only 3:15 am, so it is time.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:16 AM

oh I hate those 3 am times because no matter what I am up by 6 am at the very extreme latest. that would be horrible fmhall! so sorry you had a rough day .. usually they are followed by a better one so I will wish one that is easier for you today. double sided is tough for me especially when it comes to the quilting. I use fabric you can flip over? is that making sense. trying to get two patterns to line up for quilting is hard for me when it comes to quilting it. I wish you oodles of luck!

morning group. wishing all of you a marvelous day. I think it will be productive for me. going to bind two doll quilts in clinic so that is good Steve is out warming up the mulch mobile. its 6:14 A< AM and much warmer than yesterday morning 34 right now. thank you .. I don't much like going out in the 20's. done it but rather not jaba is right.. fall is very short around here. omg maybe this is fall? lol.. uh where are the colored leaves?
Old 10-15-2013, 08:56 AM

Norwex is a green product - anti bacterial micro fiber cloths. The demonstrator smeared butter on my window last night put one of the cloths in plain water ( no soap/detergant nothing) wiped the window down butter and all and took the polishing cloth and cleaned after - no streaks - just clear clean glass; they have a web site - stuff is kind of expensive but it works beautifully - I have friends who use only Norwex products for cleaning their house and for personal hygiene.

Liver pate or braunschwieger - I get the best stuff from our Aldi's market - I think it's imported from Germany- YUM - we eat a lot of it at our house - back when our old golden retriever was alive we used to hide his pills in a chunk of braunschwieger - gulp. I've never had blood sausage - my daughter's boyfriend's family eats a lot of it as well as blood pancakes - get the willies thinking about - YUCK.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:39 PM

ok that family with the pancakes.. OMG super willies!

here is the little apron I made my grand daughter. it hardly took any fabric at all and I sure hope she likes it. I doubt I will ever hear one way or another. sigh.. she will surely love all the pokey man cards I sent. my boys used to collect those magic cards. they would fight over those dumb things.. now . .they are long forgotten .. but I remember the joy that they had when they got more. I know she is collecting pokey man.. maybe I scored in the gift department???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]441472[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1273674_713829868631182_974812539_o.jpg  
Old 10-15-2013, 06:45 PM

That apron is adorable! And Pokemon cards too? Yep, I think you are gonna score big time.