Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2019/2020 2.5" Birthday Swap >

2019/2020 2.5" Birthday Swap

2019/2020 2.5" Birthday Swap

Old 04-09-2019, 04:59 AM

Lstew212 -- definitely some kind of bag. A travel bag like red suggested, or a drawstring backpack bag, if you are going to the beach a bag half fabric half netting to place found sea shells, attaching a small bag to a carabiner clip etc. I would find fabric to "match" the family vacation so it's kind of a memento. oooh, or a fabric cross body water bottle holder. Kids love bags and will use them until they fall apart!
Old 04-09-2019, 05:10 AM

Hi Ladies
It's your fierce-less leader . My move is almost done. I can almost see an end to all of this. Saturday we will have a crew of family and friends move us into our new condo.

We moved out of our house (of 23 years) last Monday, that was hard. Now we are staying at my mom's condo. She was quite the sport and went to visit my brother and sister in Florida for the two weeks that we are here. Good thing I would hate for her to see her condo right now! Stuff everywhere!

So we purged and we sold and we tossed and we gave away......and still we have 1 large and 1 small storage unit and some overflow in my mom's garage. Not sure where this stuff is all going we only have 900 feet up and a finished walk out basement. . I think I will be probably doing the purge, sell, toss and give away again after we move it all over to our new condo. With no garage just as well I hate to clean out garages!

So in the two weeks while we are at my mom's we have been cleaning, painting (closets) and we hired some painters to paint the entire place. I don't think it has ever been painted in the 20 years the original owners had the place.
We also ordered new carpet (bedrooms) and new Pergo flooring (kitchen and dining and living area) and they said it would be in before we are ....they are running out of days!!! It would be so much easier if they could get the floor done without the furniture in the place. I am a little bit stressed!

So between running from my mom's to the condo then to work each day I have neglected all of you. I am sorry bare with me just a few more days. I plan on living with boxes surrounding me for awhile and I am okay with that. Just have been in limbo of where I was going to be living for so long....I am glad this part is almost over!

April Birthday girls......so when we my crew (family and friends) came to pack me up. I had to take my 91 year old mom to the airport...we were coming to her house she was getting out of town! So to make a long story short the packers (f and f) packed a very important pile away in the storage unit. In that pile it had my computer, my bill organizer, my closing papers for my house, and my stamped envelopes with 2.5" squares ready to go to the birthday girls) deep breathe........my son thought he packed them in a buffet of mine went to the storage unit and it was only 1/3 of the way back but we could not get to it. So the culprit ( I mean my son) helped us yesterday move some stuff around to get to the the important buffet filled with life important items! No computer for over a week! Imagine!

But crazyconnie who is my "real life" friend offered to send my squares to you ladies. So I hope that you get them real soon.

I will go back and read the thread....but it looks like you ladies are doing just fine!

Barb

Last edited by barbarakibler23; 04-09-2019 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:12 AM

Good heavens! That's a dramatic change.
Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
We are going to be in the 70's today! Whoo Hooooo>

Now. Keep your socks on. Because by Wednesday they are talking 6-8" of snow.
Welcome to Wisconsin in spring!!
Old 04-09-2019, 05:17 AM

Barb, what a saga! I wonder how you are still standing with all you've done and have yet to do. We're going to have a similar problem when we downsize. Been here for 25 years and the "stuff" we've accumulated, well, there's a lot. I have been getting rid of things a bit at a time but honestly, it doesn't feel like I've made a dent.

Good luck to you in the coming weeks. I'm sure life will settle down eventually. Won't it be nice to finally sit down with your favorite beverage, put your feet up and relax in your new home.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:23 AM

Barb... What an ordeal!!! I always feel like I'm camping when I move. I don't know where anything is, and I keep thinking if I could just go to the other house, I'd know where to find things.

I hope life settles down soon... and yay to crazyconnie for stepping in to help the April birthday girls!
Old 04-09-2019, 08:20 AM

we are now in a blizzard warning with potential 2 feet of snow and winds of 30 mph gusting to 50.

The neighbor showed up and got DH's stuff out of the mud - so everything is back in the sheds were they belong.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:41 AM

Barb - I can so relate. We moved out of our ranch house with full basement and attic and garage in to a fifth wheel! It took so many purgings - about two years before we left and than a year later when we were selling house. We still empty trailer every few years - totally - and ask the question "have I used it in the past few years? Will it really ever fit? " and then toss it. Memories are on a stick (somewhere!!) and I really don't miss the "things" Totally downsized my kitchen (if I have more than 4 people over than the paper plates come out) and really, just how many mugs can one use at a time? I do have a small shed that the memories are stored in, and a shed for DH tools but that is it.
Of course there is my stash - and although I do go through it and keep it organized - not much is tossed!!

Here is what I have been working on - and finally finished. Found the pattern in an old magazine using 2" squares so re-mathed it. I do love it - but the bias really made it wonky at the end!!
76 today 56 tomorrow and 40 next day at 5000 ft in AZ
Attached Thumbnails annie2019.jpg  
Old 04-09-2019, 08:44 AM

Oh one more pic - I had seen this somewhere - and finally tried it -
Using my machine - I folded the binding in half like usual and then embroidered my "label" etc right on the binding. I like this more than those big labels.
Attached Thumbnails 20190409_090238.jpg  
Old 04-09-2019, 09:29 AM

Rain is what we have here. We have had about 3" of rain creating land slides and flooding. My grass looks like weeds it is growing so fast. On to sewing, I have joined a group working on crazy quilting. Our first goal is a pillow. I built the background and today my first stitches will be put in.
Hang in there Barb soon it will be a wonderful memory and you will have a new adventure to fill with love and stiches.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:47 PM

I just received a (mostly empty) envelope from crazyconnie. I don't have her on the list, but I believe this might be from Barb.

Both ends of the envelope were blown out. I have about half of the charms, along with postage due. This is the third one that I received damaged from a blow-out. One had all the charms in there, thankfully, but the other two, not so lucky. Just so no one else goes through this, please tape your ends

I'll try to post a pic once I can figure out how to resize it. I think it is failing to load because it is too big a file. So stay tuned!
Thanks much!
Chris