Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    donuts? your making donuts? I like donuts. yes yes I do. I am defrosting a flank steak right now. made terriyaki a few days ago so dont want that, made carne asada last night, what do I do with this one?
    Oh let me give you a flank steak idea that's delish! Pound it out a bit, top it with fresh spinach leaves, salt & pepper, and mozzarella cheese, roll it up and slice it off like cinnamon rolls. Put it on a bed of spinach leaves and pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes at about 400 degrees. I made that one night last week and it went over like gangbusters! I served it with some 4 cheese tortellini I found in the dry pasta aisle that I boiled and topped with olive oil, garlic, and a generous amount of parsley. Dusty liked the tortellini so well he had a huge bowl of it for lunch the next day all by itself. I also made a traditional green bean casserole as the veg.

Nope, wasn't making the actual donuts, I was making the 0's though, lol! Gotta pay the bills somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    i didn't make it to the p.o. so will try it tomorrow. please put on my permanent record that i had this one done early and not last minute under the wire! LOL
    Nancia, take care of the hubby. Dusty forgot to get your box today, so he's going tomorrow (I gave him 2 things to do, and he forgot one.) I'll have to run to the PO Saturday to ship. It's at the opposite end of town from where I work, so getting there & back at lunch as busy as they always are isn't possible.

Nancia! BLUE RIBBON WINNER! FINISHED EARLY!!! cameras! Call the Press! this is NEWS!!! lol glad to hear you finished and thumbs are optional arent they? sorry bad form I am sorry your thumbs are being brats. Kick their ..

Jaba maybe it was the net yesterday couldnt for the life of me post pics of my bear for all of you.

Here are a couple runners i just received from Hot toddy or as you all know her Marytoddliz I sent her the gold orange yellow red mum fabric to make me a runner and this is what she came up with. It was a wild fabric that I loved and hated. Now I just love it. She put it with PUMPKINS!!! I am a big pumpkin fan and well its perfect.
    Name:  marybeth trade wallhanging.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  638.2 KB and here is a pic of the back, she found a bright green mum fabric that really makes the colors stand out. I love that I can flip it and it has two sides. one more summer like and the other fall. perfecto!Name:  back marybeth trade wall hanging.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  676.1 KBName:  spring runners 013.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  676.2 KB

ok and here is the adorable Easter theme runner she made for Anastasia swap with me. (we swap a lot apparently). I love the little chickies!
    Name:  spring runners 012.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  683.6 KB
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

MB if you took a better pic of the pumpkins post it ok? mine sorta sucks.

I think this has once again been a fun swap. I think one can hardly ever have enough tablerunners. I switch things up so much I love it. makes the room look New again when you put something like a splash of color or a change of design. LIke moving your paintings. your supposed to move things around every six months so you see them again. read that somewhere. they are right. you stop seeing what is in one spot immovable its part of the.. norm. move it to another room and suddenly things change again. So tablerunners we can swap easily Thank you swappers this has been super fun and Anastasia a great big monster HUG for you. wanna kiss too? get over here girl grandma wants to kiss your cheek. wait let me put on too much cologne. now come here. dont be shy. (she is hiding, I see you.. you cant hide from ME).
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Beautiful runners brat - love the pumpkins with the batik fabrics; when you're ready to rotate runners give me a shout I'll see if I have one to trade. Spring theme with easter chicks is fresh and new for this time of year. I sent Tammy her topper the other day - she should have it by tomorrow - it's a spring theme .................. secet.

Looking forward to all seeing what everyone else has come up with.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    well, sweetie took my attention all day, what with his heavy sleeping. he was soooo miserable! i meant to take a pic but decided it might seem mean of me. i wasn't being mean, just would have been insensitive and not very nice of me, so i quelled the impulse and no picture. however, if a picture is worth a 1000 words, maybe i can describe him in less than 1000. he is in his work pants and shoes and warm outdoor jacket with the hood up and cinched around his face and an orange cat asleep on his thighs, as he is sound asleep in the recliner in the family room. i wish to make a note here....... the heat was on in the house. finally, around 3 a.m. he came to bed. he is now back in the chair and fast asleep. i am on my way out to get him some yummy homemade rice pudding (just not made in my home) and some ice cream. if he doesn't eat it, i will!! (i'm very good that way). i have some luke warm soup and it's hard to think of much else he likes. i was easy when my mouth was sore because i evidently love mushy food, like smashed potatoes, and sweet potatoes, and pumpkin, and puddings, and ice cream, but he doesn't so much. all in all, i am a better patient than caretaker. he can't have anything with a straw so that cuts out smoothies and milk shakes, unless he will eat them with a spoon. sometimes, he just gets cranky and nothing sounds good. poor sweetie! it's not a life threatening situation, but i do feel sad that he is so uncomfortable. when he's not asleep the meds make him woozy! so it's just easier for him to sleep. i will get some bananas and see if i cam make some smooshy or smoothy stuff. yay! i get to go out to the store!! i know, i can't buy anything else-- i stocked up on easter candy yesterday at the drug store while i awaited his rx's. smart move on my part, tee hee! i also need to get to the p.o. or it won't matter that i was finished early! brat, tell the photographers , no flashbulbs! they give me migraines. that is why i never want to be famous! that, and i can't think of anything i want to be famous for doing or being.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

runner

Not sure if this will work or not but here is the runner and mug rug from Liz 22. If it doesn't I just made an album for this swap and the home décor so you can see it there. Thanks again Liz

Blog Entries

mug rug

It worked !!

Blog Entries
    Dusty's Mom thank you so much, worked perfectly! Long way around trying to post a pic but that's okay. Sure hope Patrice can figure out what's going on though. I'm either very lucky today or you give excellent directions, willing to bet it's the later of the 2. Thank you thank you

My table topper has been shipped.

Blog Entries
    Partner and I both shipped ours out today...woo-hoo!!
    All the pics posted show some great work!!! We have a talented bunch here...
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    off to the po~~i hope. dh is sleepiing and i'm pretty sure it's ok to leave him. will have to disturb the cat sleeping on my arm, but them's the breaks! poor poor kitty!love the runners! i agree, some real talent here!

Ok so sorry I've been MIA.. busy, and my internet was down, just got it back, honestly can't remember when I was here last. I have only received a few PMs about being ready to ship. As you all know, today is the day it's due to ship.. so since I couldn't do the harassment emails when I expected to, I guess I'm doing it today. If you are in communication with your partner and you know you're both ready, go ahead (as some of you have, thanks for being responsible people)
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    ok I am pooped out. I just read I am gathering from the dryer and my mind said.. "I am gathering the lint from the dryer to go iron." I thought what the is Nancia doing then i realized it was worse. It was ME thinking it not her doing it. that is worse. brain cramp to the tenth degree. owweeee.
    You're not alone, that's what I "read" as well.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Dusty's Mom thank you so much, worked perfectly! Long way around trying to post a pic but that's okay. Sure hope Patrice can figure out what's going on though. I'm either very lucky today or you give excellent directions, willing to bet it's the later of the 2. Thank you thank you
    Aw shucks. It was nothin lil lady! I post photos of mine on my profile anyway, so they're always where I can find them.

I'll go ship in the morning. Sent Dusty out for a box today and the one he brought home wouldn't fit 3 DVD's, much less the table runner and goodies. Anyone need an extra pair of hands? I'll send him to work for free for a while. He's pretty good with computers too.
    Last edited by DustysMomma; 03-15-2013 at 04:09 PM.

WE MISSED YOU KID. Its ok for you to get out your whip I shipped sent and received so whip away lol. easy for me to say in my safe comfy chair..

Nancia, what about wonton soup? or hot chicken broth, ginger, dash of soy, fresh green onion in it nothing else. tastes great ginger is healing and it tastes good too. Even my sicky liked it and he hates everything. like everything. but he likes wonton soup. feeling crazy add carrots cut them small so they tear up easy you could gum them.. I would rather have two sick toddlers over one sick man. Just my observation a bit of tylenol and a little mermaid or harry and the henderson movie and your good. sick man.. oh my. sorry guys if your reading but reality is your big.. BABIES when your sick. ok fine my daughter 21 sick, wants as much tlc as the men in my life do.

should have taken the pic you know he would have.. evil sister here talking to you ...

that is very pretty jaba not sure did you say dabbler made it or you made it???
    Linda

All shipped up and in waiting mode! I hope it's not too whimsy for Ms. Nanci!! Expected delivery is Monday.

Jaba, glad you liked both the table mat and mug rug. I really like mine and the two hot pads that you sent! liz22
    Life is a great big canvas, you should throw all the paint you can on it! Danny Kaye

Blog Entries
    dustymom, there is so far in my life nothing that is too much whimsey! remember, i have a frog butler end table and a 2' high pink flamingo night light. and that's just the family room! lol. i used to design and do display windows, and dh always knew the ones that were mine due to the "touch" of whimsey. i can't wait!!!

Ah, the frog butler table. I must have missed that! Ooh, that gives me ideas!!! I love the monkeys too!

Nancia, I think when life give you lemons right??? you decorate to make you smile I think. And for that I salute you. I always still worry what will they say what will they think.. wish I could do whimsy. Have you seen that show on tv like some reality thing where four people sign up. check out my house.. usually one is seriously ecclectic, one is half half one is like regular and the fourth is like seriously snotty? and they all go into each house and decide who has the best house. Rarely the seriously ecclectic or even the minorly one does its always the 'society homes" that win. I loved watching being an X realtor the HOMES. bones what you do with it.. I always found myself between the semi ecclectic (wishful) and the fits with what the rest would get. I hear.. happy things in your home. Ask me about my friend Josephine one day. She had a house oh so that I think could be yours. And I loved her to pieces.

ok waiting waiting.. postings..

anastasia weekend are you getting to anything fun sewing wise or just life stuff like CLEANING? I am making St. Pats dinner right now and boy wait til my dh comes in. HE hates the smell of corned beef. I washed it. I rinsed it again, I dumped the water one hour in and started again and always add my own spices.. he hates it. Oh am I introuble. But ohh do I love corned beef and cabbage. He hates cabbage so I cant even put that in the water til he goes out on night rounds. darned it! cant make the meat any worse in his mind. sigh. Potatos have to boil them seperate. he doesnt like the flavor on it. OH I do have his favorite mustard all is not lost. I refuse this many years later into things to just skip things I love..like holiday meals. St. Pats and such. My daughter good girl that she is said she went to a pub last night and saw a sign and had to complain. It said bar food! corn beef! and St. Paddy beer. She asked, if they knew it was CORNED beef the man said no we thought it was meat soaked in corn.. kid you not. and then she said St. PATRICK with a T so it's on a worse moment St. Patty's day. OMG she said mom I felt like such a snotty ..wench? and the man was not thrilled with her. AH momma's little girl. Way to go! she is making her first dinner for 10 tomorrow all young 20 something boys and a few girls and said i will call you. How much? Ok correct me, her man eats my house empty he is 22. I said based on that 1 lb meat per boy and 1/3 per girl so you MIGHT have left overs and cook oodles of taters and cabbage and SERVE that first meat on top. not other way around. or the boys will all college kids pick meat. Am I wrong?
    Linda

I'm still here too.... Though not quite my usual self. :-(

I'm ready to mail, just waiting word from my partner.

Hope everyone is well, I'll be at an appliqué wall art class tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Partner and I both mailed, so mine might be here when I return from Atlanta Tuesday. Can't wait!! Will also be posting pictures of two other TRs that I got one from my secret pal and one from another swap on runners!! Will take all the pictures when I return and get them on here.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    i went all the way to the GOOD McD's and got him a green shamrock shake and a chocolate shake for later. he can't use a straw, but he can spoon it in. he's doing much better.
    thinking i should post some pictures of my home, except we really live in it and don't entertain so we go by the laws of nature, as in gravity rules. i will just include the frog and flamingo and, yes, the monkey (i had forgotten! it's been hanging there for 10 yrs. guess i need to stir things up!)
    dh has had cream of tomato soup and some macaroni and cheese, and several egg creams, true to his brooklyn roots. we will probably have corned beef tomorrow. the veggies will be soft and i can thinly slicce the meat. i also put rutabagas and/or turnips, and sometimes beets. my dgm would take the leftovers and couarsely grind them and make red flannel hash. yuuuuummmmyy! i love butter, s+p, and vinegar on minr. ooo, this is making me hungry!!
    dm-- expect your wh on tuesday! sorry, no whimsey!

I've sewn on my home decor project until my chair made my behind sore, but the hard part is done.

Nothing green or Irish at our house this weekend. My boyfriend is making spaghetti sauce for tomorrow, and we had leftover pizza tonight with salmon (Danish style) on toast with a honey mustard/brown sugar/dill sauce for the appetizer. I'd asked for it for Valentine's Day, then he got sick, so he just finally got around to making it.

Nancia, no whimsy is OK. I tend to make my own whimsy in life and turn the non-whimsy into whimsy, lol. The girls at work say I'm the entertainment in the office and keep their work day interesting. An accountant with a personality. Now how'd that happen? I've been asked that several times, lol.
    Last edited by DustysMomma; 03-16-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast