Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Blog Entries

Table runner received from Tam Moo

I received the nicest spring table runner along with a packet of note cards from Tammy; the soft yellow butterfly fabric is a perfect match to the yellow in our dining room. Thank you Tammy for being my swap partner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    hey, dusty'smomma! i rec'd your wonderful, whimsical table runner today! it is adorable. have i mentioned one of my dogs is named monkey? and i have a large monkey hanging from a leaf in my family room. i think it should have come air mail with all the cute hot air balloons! you did a great job and i can't wait to hang it! ( all my tables (all 1 of them, lol) are consigned to permanent quilting status. this makes the perfect edition to the family room/ stairway. oooo, just had an idea! maybe it will look fantastic going up the stair wall. at any rate i love it!!!!! could you tell? lolol, i hide my feelings so well! not. chuckling maniacly!
    I'm glad you like it. I would have loved to have had the confidence to finish quilting it out from what little I did, but I just don't think my FM skills are nearly there yet. I loved the little monkeys fussy cut to look like they're playing in the balloon baskets, lol. I wanted to put little eyes on them, but I couldn't figure out how to make them stay without washing off or being in the way if you put it on a table & wanted to set something on it.

I can't wait to see mine now!

Blog Entries
    you should get yours tomorrow! barring some natural disaster, according to the p.o. thanks also for the thread and notecards! i will happily use both!! you have been a very fun swap partner, and the clouds are wonderful! you will see that my quilting is far from perfect, but i figure that is one of the best features of this swap. you are free to try new things, and practice skills. so i try to always do something new to me in each swap. some work out better than others. but that's how we get better! i thought your quilting was great and i love my monkeys and balloons!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Maryellen2u acknowledge she received her table runner, but i did not see a picture show up here, so I thought I would share what I sent to Maryellen2u. She said she liked it!

Blog Entries
    oooo, gray! how springy and fun! makes me feel all playful! she would be nutz not to like it! (do we allow nutz on here? i mean other than brat and me? o) h, yeah, we do. nodding head, but maryellen2u isn't a nut.) it's lovely, gray!

Got one of my table runners that I'd like to share with you. It's a side group I'm with and mine was a patriotic runner. Also got a mug rug to go with it which was because of my birthday. Made my day. Thanks again Marybeth. Picture 1 with back and front, picture 2 just front and picture 3 mug rug.

Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    what fun! i love side swaps! you rec'd some neat stuff. cooool!!!

I got my runner today Nancia! OMG I LOVE IT!!!! I'm going to have to watch out that my boyfriend doesn't steal it for the conference table in his office! I just walked in, but I'll post a picture in a little while. It's very "US"!

Blog Entries
    Here is pic of my table runner that Auntie Em made me, she also included the extra Cola themed squares that I think I will make some small pads or a mini quilt from them...I LOVE the runner!
    Name:  002.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  176.4 KB
    Thanks again, soooo much, Em!! Plus so happy you like the one I sent you and the lil hot pad...I should've taken a picture of it before I mailed it out...
    Take care all,
    Kif
    PS Monkey quilts are really cute!
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

SandyinZ4... your runner is on it's way! so sorry for the delay!!
    Megan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/K9Creative
    Happiness is a new quilt and an old dog.

Here is the link that I posted to "Pictures" instead of this swap....am slowly learning....I swapped with kiffie 2413 and she sent an AWESOME appliqued table runner.....
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t216864.html

Thanks again, kif!!!
    There is no place like home!

I have just received a wonderful table runner from my swap partner bikerbarb! Thanks so much Barb! She also included a little owl pin cushion. (heavy sigh here....don't know how to do pics)
    Thanks again Barb!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Got a wonderful spring TR from MaryMazz today. I'll really enjoy it. She did embroidery work with my favorite flower - a salmon colored hibiscus on a beautiful (again my favorite color) purple background.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    vanogay-- i'm pretty sure marymazz meant to send that tr to me. i'm looking at the perfect space for it right now! i'm thinkin' you might need my address...... beautiful, gtw!

oh Dear NANCIA you are confused again arent you? forgot your little pills? check by the computer chair, there they are take a couple you will be fine.. THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY TABLEMAT not YOURS not Vanogays silly goose. People miss mail things all the time.

The red and black/white one is so pretty too. So many that are even better than last time what an impressive bunch of quilters we have here. I love the creativity. Oh oh but I want MORE> hey Anastasia darling what is the next theme going to be? do we get to kibitz on ideas so that we can all put away them for Holiday gifts or our own holidays? we need a theme of course we will need a NEXT one too. Anastasia's 3rd Tablerunner Swap! Theme???????? ok what the heck I want Summer! I want halloween now! I want .. I want.. (sound like a brat .. oh WAIT! I am a brat its ok).

found this pic thought I would share with you all of my mother the last year before she passed. She was always a bit of a kick in the pants, it was a luncheon at her Senior Center. it made me smile, hope it makes you grin too. They say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.. in this case well you will get the idea
    Name:  nanny the viking.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  65.1 KB
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    pills? pills? pillz? what color are they??? maybe i took yours by mistake, brat! your mother and my mother might be related, so it must be we share a father. ooops! mom's rolling in her urn! i swear, that woman makes an ash of herself whenever she can! apples? am i supposed to have apples? hmm... i think i do, but no trees. i can't help but think i could use a table about now!

Hey Nancia was your mailman this tall guy short dark hair smiled a lot? my mom had one of those. curiosity maybe he made the rounds you know... When I find the pic of my mom standing on a table dancing like she is carmen miranda all dressed up gladly share it then we will know for sure. (unless you have a snapshot of the mailman mom's must have got lost along the way).
    Linda

Oh my you two are funny! I've taken photos of my runner, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow. By the way, it's a perfect fit! I'm off to finish the backing for my home decor project so I can get it done on time. I didn't get to work on it much before dinner and now it's almost bedtime, yikes! Only 2 days left til the deadline! CHOP! CHOP!

Blog Entries
    Such funny ladies you all are. Make me smile. Thought I would share a pic of the runner I sent to Loupsprite. She is still working long hours and says she loves it so will just share since I know you all have been holding your breath and I did give a sneak peek a while back. I will snap a pic of mine when I get it. It is on the way and I check the mail box every day. :-)
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Thanks for posting the pic, Sandy! I swear, my brain is so fried after working with these kids all day, that I can't function when I get home! We have 4 dogs, and let them outside in pairs so they don't tear up the yard; I let the same dogs out twice, and couldn't figure out why the other two were crying to get out! My 4 year old son had to point out what I had done. D'Oh!!
    Megan

Blog Entries
    So many pretty table topper/runners.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

time for a little after work ..relaxation Loupe! and hey the first pair were not complaining so whats the big deal? My golden would get sooo excited when we got home (I crated the dogs when I wasnt around) she would do these great big figure eights in the garden yahoo! yipppeee! smiling the whole time.. as she tore the hell out of the plants and anything that came in the way of a figure 8. lovely critter she was

Sandy WHAT A PRETTY RUNNER. What are you selling them for? I wish I could consistently make things like that and sell them for side cash but well energy zips after little bursts. take me 2 yrs to make enough for one craft fair I think. sigh. beautiful spring all the way.

OK to be off the wall and just feeling like.. well fessing up to someone. Ok ok what is she saying where is she going? ah ha! you never know with me. Lucky You! your just like me I never know either I just made my favorite late night, its 10 p.m. and well needed a snack. What is my go to late night snack? Triscuits. Not bad right? wrong. I take eight always eight. nine is one serving you see so eight cant count? lol. put them on a napkin. Then I add.. ready .. SALT. I salt them before I go to the couch and eat them like they are some sacrid treat. Why? I am a salt addict. I salt all my food before I taste it. Ok that has changed. I am careful now when cooking, DH hates too much, I have to watch it in theory.. then comes 10 pm. and me and ..salt. I get blood tested every two weeks and so far my tests are grand on potassium and phosphorus (ok not grand just in the range of ok 3.5 to 5 thing and like 4.5 to 5 so I never get in trouble).. I just want Salt. no chocolates no icecream pudding nothing like that. crackers.. with salt. what is yours? am I the only odd ball? (DONT YOU ANSWER THAT)
    Linda

Brat: I went from my government desk job (that I lost two days after Christmas) to my new job as a preschool teacher at my son's school.

Pay went down, hours went up (I was 8-5, m-f, hr lunch. Now I'm typically 7:30-6:30-ish, 1/2 hr lunch!) By the end of the day, I'm exhausted, mentally and physically (I sit on the floor and can't hardly get up for pete's sake!) I've been sick with one illness or another since I started (I'm on my second bout of Pink Eye in a month) and more often than not, I'm bringing home work to prep on the weekends.

BUT - I *love* my job. I've got a daily welcoming party of 40+ preschoolers that are always happy to see me, and a never-ending supply of hugs, helpers, and crayon drawings. I was offered a part-time position, and it turned into a full-time position as the ART TEACHER, which I absolutely love! My boss is amazing, and my co-workers are always smiling. I wouldn't trade back to my old job!

I just hope everyone is as patient as Sandy was, with my swap delay issues! I love everyone here, and these swaps are truly a highlight of my scarce 'free time'.

Sorry for the monologue... Finally found a minute to put this out there!
    Megan

Anastasia.....WHERE ARE MY GNOMES?????
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Boy, lovely table runners and toppers being made, great job!
    Donna
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ Donna♥¨¯`•.¸¸.♥

http://countrycottagequiltsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast