Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 02-17-2013, 09:21 PM

Been packin all weekend,,and had my quilt meeting,,and have to take mom back to doctors in morning,,praying her test come bad,negative,and will start on tablerunner tomorrow,evenings,,,,hang in there lov2,,,
Old 02-18-2013, 09:09 AM

Okay, Mary. Finished the top for your runner today. Will carry it to a meeting tomorrow to talk with a good friend about how to quilt it. With trying to make it reversible, it makes a difference.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:09 AM

Jaba, you've got mail.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 AM

I finished a table runner last night, now I am sewing the binding down. Here is my decision...use this for the swap or create another. I will probably make another and then decide which one to use for this swap. I just love to sit at my machine!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:06 AM

houston, we have lift-off! dh has the sm cabinet finis, and the machine fits! major sweat on brow now can evaporate! went for his 3 yr check up-- no sign of trouble! no indication of big c anywhere! WOO HOO. of course, there's 2 more years before he gets a pass, but we are all happy with the moment! d'm, on hold with your tr for the moment. have wall hanging due first. don't panic! you will still have a coffee bar by the time i'm done!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:17 AM

Well that is absolutely terrific news Nancia. The news about the Dh not the table. I mean that is good news too. What a lucky bit of wonderful .. now you can sew and sew and soon your room will empty of all that fabric that has been waiting for a good use and my table will fill with all the splendid goodies you make me and wall hangings oh i am so excited now (i am about to lose control and I think I like it.. like it).

Dustysmom LM.O not sure if i can write that or not so playing safe.. too funny. I have guitar set and amp at the foot ofmy bed. all the get up. he plays it seems one song. he probably plays like five but when he gets in a mood he plays the same rifs over and over.. then comes out and says how did you like it? its something he wrote. but joy of all joys AGAIN?? I never said that either. I avoid the room when he is playing because well he might stop and then come bug my sewing. I hate having to stop to chat. mean I know but I lose my concentration.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:41 AM

Nancia, that's great news on both fronts! Congratulations! I'm not worried about my runner from you. There's still almost a month til the deadline. I got the front of my home decor project about 1/3 done over the weekend (I can't wait until I can post pictures of it!), so I'll probably work on yours a little during the week. Busy weekend next weekend, so if I get any sewing time in, it'll be Sunday evening.

Elisabrat, I think until a man is sufficiently confident in his abilities on an instrument, they all do this. When my son was in band, starting in 6th grade, he played snare drum for the first 2 years. They had this one cadence they played to march on and off the field at football games, and it happened to be the one that the director told them to use to improve their playing speed and accuracy. He played that cadence everywhere and on everything, like he had to do it to be able to breathe. Thank the good Lord for practice pads muffling the volume of it or I'd have killed him by the time he transferred schools and wasn't on drums anymore. He decided he wanted to stay on cymbals through high school (said he wasn't as good as the others because he missed band in 9th grade due to changing schools twice that year), and you can't really do much at home to practice that, lol. He also plays electric guitar though, and he luckily has gotten past that one or two songs. He's scared to play in front of people, but he's a decent player of many songs!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:42 AM

my son started with a Cello. sigh try listening to that.. subtle instrument. of course he went on to play trumpet and loved it and was in band. Momma didnt love listening to that much either. my first instrument was a violin. Who gives that to their kid? its torture holding that when you just a tiny kid. 3rd grade. Ended up playing piano my parents had a grand piano and my little sis and I played that. She was better as she has these really long slender fingers. I have short little fingers much harder. I could have kept that one up. Now I just listen to music. Still enjoy the classical stuff. or my italian music or my old willie nelson/randy travis type stuff.. yes I am a certified dork. Gave myself the certificate. its framed proudly in the livingroom for all to see.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:37 AM

Vanogay, for the foursome patriotic? Wow, did you finish that already? Brat's is in the mail, think it should be there Friday. Glad your knee is better, you'll be skipping pretty soon, or something like that. My partner is sewing away on the spring runner, so when she is ready guess we'll send. Been working on the boomerang blocks for 3 groups and I'm just about caught up. Finally decided I needed to upgrade my cell and got an IPhone. It's driving me nuts, but have a son that has one too so I just call and get a lesson over the phone. Going to sew today and maybe should run the vacumn in the sewing room to get all the little ears off the floor, starting to look like confetti in there. I'm having my very own MardiGras
Old 02-19-2013, 08:05 AM

Nancia great news about your hubby and your sewing cabinet; you two will have to do something extra special to celebrate!!! I was just visiting my neighbor across the street Sunday - he had surgery last Wednesday for skin C - they peeled half of his face open to remove saliva glands and sewed him back together - tests all came back negative for C - thanking the good lord above for his love and blessings - I have such wonderful neighbors and would hurt to see something bad happen to any of them.

Have my spring fabrics all picked out - will try and get it done this weekend.

Everyone have a wonderful day - don't let the wind carry you away.