Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap  -- Closed >

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed

Old 03-06-2013, 04:09 PM

What wonderful, pretty and funny runners. Any of us would be happy to be the owners of them - or just one. Mine is finished and ready to mail when you say so, fearless leader. Now to start on my patriotic, which will be late, I think as I am still waiting on the fabric that was to come for it. Not a problem, just waiting.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:05 PM

My partner is Liz22 and I mailed today. Sure hope she likes it.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:00 PM

kif-- wonderful fruit blocks! i am resisting puns ( like your efforts have been fruitful. OOPS, did i say that outloud? trying to stop me is fruitless!) just not very well obviously! tonight i start the table runner to the stars! now that i know the one to me is finished, it is isn't it?, i can start on d'sm's. i shall sew like the wind!! after i iron and cut.
take a nap, brat. i will sit by your side while you rest, and iron my lint. there are artists who use lint to create pictures. i, sadly, am not one of them. i would like to find decorating schemes using pet hair. of course, i do have fur trimmed baseboards that match my pets exactly. tee hee hee. come to think of it, i have several pairs of pants that co-ordinate also! MOVE OVER, MARTHA STEWART! THERE'S A NEW SHERRIFF IN TOWN!!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:21 PM

Oh nancia I bet you could give Martha a run for her money. Just have 1 favor, please don't send me something with kitty hair all over it, I'm the very allergic one. Have to keep everything in the garage until hubby comes home to shake it all out and pick at it, then wash machine before I can even think about looking at it. If I don't the giant sneezing attack comes and the worst case of hives you could imagine. Not good.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:28 PM

i try not to, jaba. i sticky roll everything before it leaves my house. that isn't a guarantee but it is an awareness. i suggest anything that comes from me, despite my best effort to make them fur-less, should go directly to your garage. i do not want to cause you discomfort! i hope you won't have to throw it away! suggest your dh might get a quicker result using a sticky roller or a damp cloth to get most of the hairs off without their getting into the air and settling on something else. i have a very mild allergy to cats so i live with a stuffy nose most of the time. not bad enough to even consider getting rid of my sleek boys. thanks for letting me know, jaba. i will be extra vigilant with anything going your way.

Last edited by nancia; 03-06-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:36 PM

Oh no I would never throw it away, don't worry about that. Miss Brat sticky rolls everything she sends to me and it's fine. Sorry to say I've had a couple of "experiences" with the Secret Pal swaps that I was miserable for about 4 days. I try to be aware if they have kitties, so I can open very carefully and slowly. Never never never throw!!!! You make way to awesome of "stuff", I want it. In advance thank you for the sticky rolling and being aware, lots don't want to mess with it. I say I have allergies but sometimes it gets overlooked and that's okay, hostesses have enough stuff to fret about they don't need that too. I figure it's at my own risk, I certainly keep signing up for things
Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 PM

Nancia I figure with so much hair rolling around the baseboards no one will notice if you shave your legs or not you can just say oh those darn cats! and I thought those were chaps you were wearing the furry wild wooly ones I now realize if I had my glasses on I would haven seen you just velcroed your cats to your pant legs.

Vanogay can you please respond to Marybeth's PM she is worried she has sent you two packages of fabric now that she has something wrong so check your PM's por favor!

Ok last but not least I had a nap, 20 minutes well worth it. wish it was longer but the upside is tomorrow is a grand day for napping. I am going to work on binding in clinic and then come home and nap with my new bound quilt! pics forth coming. I have been super at not signing up for anything extra right now. I have watch guards keeping me from putting my name to another project. And I am making grand progress on big things so maybe a little tiny restraint for me is a good thing. til next month. and Jaba if I worked at your speed I would sign up for each thing and go back and sign up for one more. just to keep partially busy. Ladies she is like lightening in the sewing room. ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:08 PM

i have some weird allergies, a couple are life threatening, but nothing i'm deathly allergic to would show up in a swap. ok, someone might include candy or something with tree nuts in it and that would be a problem. but i know enough to not eat cookies or candy until one of my food tasters tries it first. that's why i married and had kids, lolol. anyway, i take responsibility for my allergies, just as you do, jaba. but that doesn't mean i can't use a little help now and then. i try to be respectful. that's one reason i usually don't include candy, etc in swap packs. usually just fabric or something i've made, like a pincushion. it's not going to be much fun if we start killing each other off. i once jokingly told my dr i was going to the mall to get a mrs fields' chocolate chip pecan cookie and end it all. ( he said that wasn't funny.) sometimes the truth isn't. anyway, it's good to know if your swap friends have allergies so you can at the least limit their exposure to the allergens. isn't that what friends try to do?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:16 PM

just for the record, miss brat, i have about 6 hairs on each leg. the others all migrated to my face. about that time my tush started melting into my thighs and my face is truly just melting. i have an extra chin if anyone needs one. i used to say i didn't want to be like those crabby old women who are always frowning. how was i to know that's what happens during the hot flashes. your face starts melting, and your boobs, and your stomach, and i know i mentioned my derrierre. honey, i am walking proof that gravity is alive and well! it's not just annoying. it's the LAW!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:57 AM

Walnuts big time allergy here. One time we went to dinner at my neighbors house. It was our first time over there and she made this amazing beautiful dinner. They had this killer backyard landscaped gorgeous she put out these grand hanging lanterns, floral arrangements in several places and it was like martha stewarts best homes thing. So we sit to eat and she begins to tell us how they have a Walnut orchard. Oh how lovely. The salad had walnut oil on it, the meat walnuts mixed into it, the appetiser had cheese walnut roll thing, and dessert ..walnuts. The only dish without walnuts was an black olive garlic dip I had brought. Yum what a lovely dinner that was. I bet she never used walnuts in all her dishes again for guests without asking. I was embarassed to say something not wanting to hurt her feelings but I wasnt going to die for one meal either. Here I also have testers and I use pecans in everything walnuts are called for. works.

I did use a walnut shell for an ornament however. made a tiny mouse head out of felt had him sleeping under a blanket with a curled up tail (pipecleaner) sticking out on one end and a little pipe cleaner hand hanging over the side. it was pretty dared cute. I dont think my hands and eyes are so good to work on things that tiny anymore but I think if they were those would sell super fast at craft faires in the holiday times. Eat your heart out martha. I am just as creative as HER TEAM is. wonder if that woman actually created anything that someone didnt design for her?

last saw Barbara Walters on tv the other day. She is in her 80's. Ok I think I have more wrinkles than she does and I am 51. sheesh! Nancia I think i more closely resemble that cartoon lady maude? the one on the cards where her chest is about belly level and she has grand arm WINGS.. that is me. flappy old turkey skin there. I am fairly slim up on top but boy wings haunt me I think they could be lethal weapons if needed!