April POM Swap

Old 04-18-2016, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

Melanie,your red flower is beautiful. Teresa your yard is so pretty. That's one thing I miss about California is being able to grow just about anything.Some of the best farming soil and great weather for growing.Guess that's why so much is grown there. duh....
Old 04-18-2016, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

Oh I forgot I love the owl rocks??
Old 04-18-2016, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

Teresa, love your rock garden. so pretty and peaceful looking. love those owls too. thanks again for the lovely pictures.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

Teresa, love your rock garden. so pretty and peaceful looking. love those owls too. thanks again for the lovely pictures.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

Here is a picture of one of our Wisteria trees. These flowers are about 10-12" long. As you can see they are ending their show . Suppose to get some high winds and rain that will probably knock most off. They will continue to produce leaves and a few flowers throughout the summer. The next picture is our azelia bush. It's about 20 years old and is only about 2 ft. tall. This is the first year so many blossoms have survived the last winter frost. They should open more in a week or so I will take another picture. This poor bush has had a hard life with cattle, dogs, kids etc. lol Hope no one gets mad at me posting these since I'm not in the swap this month. I just love seeing pictures and hope ya all do too.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03149.jpg   dsc03152.jpg  
Old 04-18-2016, 12:27 PM
Power Poster

OK I promise these are the last of the pictures for today. Hope someone gets their apron and posts a picture. Those of you that were in last months basket swap seen pictures of my baby 3 day old chicks. well here is a picture of them taken today 5 weeks old. They sure grow fast. The pen is about 7 ft x 14 ft. The barn tin around the edge is half in the pen and half out so dogs and animals won't dig a hole and get in to them. The pen has a wire top on it also. So Lynnie they are safe. lol.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03093.jpg   dsc03155.jpg  
Old 04-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

Mary, they got so big so fast. Now we can really see their colors and how they look as adults. when do they start laying eggs? Your flowers are so pretty too. thank you for sharing with us. Do the dogs bother with the chickens?
Old 04-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

Mary, no one will get mad at you! Silly girl!!! do the chickens stay in there all day long, or do they roam free?
Old 04-18-2016, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie, They stay in the pen and the little door leads to the inside of their house,so they go in and out as they want. Probably this fall when they are fully grown I will open the door to let them out to free range during the day. They are just getting used to the house and pen. The neighboring dogs and hawks and stuff can easily get them. They don't know to run in the house yet. No eggs till this fall about when they are 6 months old. They are so cute trying to catch bugs and flys etc.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Lynnie, They stay in the pen and the little door leads to the inside of their house,so they go in and out as they want. Probably this fall when they are fully grown I will open the door to let them out to free range during the day. They are just getting used to the house and pen. The neighboring dogs and hawks and stuff can easily get them. They don't know to run in the house yet. No eggs till this fall about when they are 6 months old. They are so cute trying to catch bugs and flys etc.
Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
i'll be making aprons for next christmas gits. I'm buying and making now. what is more wanted. Half or full aprons. thanks!
Lynnie,

around my world, all Of my sister in laws, moms, aunts....love the full ( bib) aprons. Years ago I made a couple of the little half aprons, the response was.... ( well, isn't that cute) then never worn or used. They wear them to cover their clothes while cooking, gardening, what ever. They couldn't think of a use for the little ones. You might want to just ask some questions, without giving away any surprises..like just in conversation..." Do you wear aprons?" Do you have a favorite apron?" I found out a lot at a family get together one time. Sister in law was in kitchen, wearing an apron her mom had given her, I commented about how cute it was. Found out she Always wears them, loves them & the things she loves most ( type, size, kind of pockets; length, styles...) this led to other sil's joining the conversation mil, cousins, they all started talking about aprons-- even some of the husbands. it was a fun conversation & I knew what each would love ( even bbq aprons for a couple of the guys) without anyone having any idea I would be making them for Christmas.