Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-15-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
Good afternoon swappers. I'm sorry to have to let everyone know that I will no longer be hosting the monthly secret pal swaps.

I have grown so busy and can not put the time and effort into doing the swaps that they need.

I will be joining in if someone wants to carry on starting with May.

I have loved doing this more than you will know but we are so busy with the farm. I love each and everyone of you and will absolutely support whomever takes on this task.

I have 71 PM's to go through, so I will be busy catching up with those.

Suzanne
Thank you so much for continuing on as long as you have. I really appreciate all of the hard work you have put into it.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:36 PM

Just a few more stitches and I'll be done with the last item for my package. If I finish tonight, I could mail it tomorrow. If not, Monday!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:44 PM

Suzanne I would gladly take over for you but we are hosting a family reunion for DH's family the end of May. There will be about 200 people there.

Diane if you were sending to me...the answer is YES...I collect cookbooks...my secret sister from church got me a whole basket full of them once. They were all vintage ones, some worn & some in better condition..I say your SP will love anything you choose to send to her...it's the thought that counts!! crafty_linda_b

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
I have a question and please forgive me if I give out too much information in regards to my secret pal..My Pal LOVES to cook and I have a cookbook that was printed in 1976 that than has recipes that are 100 years old..So now, they are over 130 years old..My question is this..Do you think it would be ok to add into her "goodies" that I am sending? I would love to see this book go to someone who enjoys cooking..Its a little well used but in very good shape..I am mailing her package tomorrow morning :)
I would love that cook book too. It is a fantastic gift.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:14 PM

I got my package today from DeeBooper!! Loved it. When I got home the hubby and pupper were waiting for me on the couch. Poor Nina just kept sniffing that box. She knew there was something in there! I am unsure of how to post pictures and honestly it is too late to learn now. (almost 11:30pm here and I have a long day tomorrow starting at 6:30am. Having our annual Relay for Life egg hunt at my work.) I will try to figure out how to post a picture tomorrow or if DeeBooper (Betty) gets a chance to post before me that is fine. Thanks again Betty! BTW, Nina loves those treats. Thanks again
Old 04-15-2011, 08:18 PM

Maybe this will work

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184899[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-184893.jpe  
Old 04-15-2011, 08:36 PM

suzanne--

thanks so much for all of your swap coordinating--much appreciated by so many of us!!!

someone please take it over--these are such fun!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by tangledthread
I am in Canada, I am sure I can do the same with Canada Post, but that wouldn't be as much fun! LOL

Some months I am able to track my package all the way to my pal but other months once it gets across the border I can't seem to get anymore info on where it is. It seems if it goes west before crossing the border when it is going to an eastern state I get more tracking info than when it went east to get to an eastern state. Maybe they have better equipment for tracking in Richmond than Mississauga! Who knows why but that is what is happening when I ship parcels to pals in the US.

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
You know you can go to USPS and they will email you any info for any packages you send..then you don't have to type in all the info each time to check on it *L* I do that when I send out a package or get a notice that I am receiving one..
Happy Stitchin' crafty_linda_b
Originally Posted by tangledthread
I just love all the excitement in this swap, this was a first time doing this, my package went out a bit ago and I check the tracking number way to much!! love all the "squishes" so far!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:30 PM

As a lot of you know I am having triple bypass surgery next Wednesday, and I spent most of the day today at the hospital getting a battery of tests. I came home exhausted and feeling like a pin cushion and lo and behold what was waiting for me, but a great package from my Secret Pal, Nancy from Louisiana. I will be able to use everything once I can get back to sewing and quilting in about amonth. Thanks so much Nancy, I so appreiate you.

Suzanne, you have done a great job with this swap and I wish I could take over, but right now cannot. You have some big shoes to step into, (and I don't mean that literally
Old 04-15-2011, 10:33 PM

Here is a picture of the great things that Nancy sent to me, which include a bobbin holder, magnets, Quilting Magazine, and more.

Lots of pretty red yarn for making the curly scarves for young girls
[ATTACH=CONFIG]184935[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-184929.jpe  
Old 04-16-2011, 03:06 AM

Suzanne, can you tell us what is involved in hosting this swap? I know it's tons of work, but would like to know the details. Thanks.