Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-10-2016, 03:42 AM

Can't locate the picture of completed quilt - but this was from Boom 13. I didn't realize that the neutrals would be a stretch for so many. But everyone stepped up to the plate. I needed a basic quilt for a wedding and didn't know their color scheme. this fit perfectly, anywhere!
Attached Thumbnails 20141116_155712_resized.jpg  
Old 08-10-2016, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
So do you have a pattern for the boots or did you make them yourself from boot pictures? I really like this and will be putting it on my bucket list. I know a few cowgirls that would love it.
This is the pattern I started with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555699[/ATTACH]

it started as a lap quilt mostly I used the different boot designs and the a bit of the untraditional layout. I bought the Pattern in Arizona but was able to find the designers website.

http://bjdesignsandpatterns.com/
Attached Thumbnails boots-boots-boots-pattern-.jpg  

Last edited by Billi; 08-10-2016 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:04 AM

I think that was the boom I watched to decide if I could / would play w/ everyone. When it was brought up I remembered the quilt, but didn't remember making a block.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
I have finally chosen my fabric. I went to my LQS for something pastel'ish and came home with yards of this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555656[/ATTACH]

Not quite pastel, huh? It's also a larger print than I normally select but so be it. It makes me happy just looking at it. This is a fabric I used in a block swap last year. (Jaba, I think you might have a block made with this.) I loved it then but I didn't have much. Lo and behold, tucked in a corner, there it was. So I think I'll sash it in greens or possibly greens and the background cream to tone it down a bit. Don't know yet. But, decision finally made on the main fabric. Woo hoo! Time to prep it.
so many florals, so little time! Wonderful choice!
Old 08-10-2016, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Can't locate the picture of completed quilt - but this was from Boom 13. I didn't realize that the neutrals would be a stretch for so many. But everyone stepped up to the plate. I needed a basic quilt for a wedding and didn't know their color scheme. this fit perfectly, anywhere!
I love this color palette. Amazing. Shows just how versatile these boomer quilters can be!
Old 08-10-2016, 05:57 AM

After I post, I'm always taken back to the main thread. Does anyone else have this problem? Wait, I understand now. If I reply to a post three pages back, it becomes the newest post in the thread and I do have to go back and look for where I left off. I think that's just the way it is.
Originally Posted by seasaw2mch View Post
ok I got a question. Is there a trick I don't know about or forgot that takes you back to where you left off after posting a reply? It seems every time I reply to a post, I'm left on the reply page and have to click on the thread link at the top to get back to the messages so then I have to start all over and hopefully remember where I left off. So sometimes I miss stuff.

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-10-2016 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 08-10-2016, 06:05 AM

Janice -- I love pansies!! My favorite nonaromatic flower. Snapdragons are a close second.

Travelinggramma -- that neutral's sampler is also lovely. I am so glad I get to be in this Boom! Next Boom, I'm doing neutrals.... maybe.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:06 AM

No, when I post I am left where I posted from, I use a pc, not a phone or tablet don't know if that makes a difference.
Here is the quilt I've been working on w/ all the squaring triangles in place. That one stands out a little much I think I'm going to do a tight meander in white over those corners to see if I can tone them down a touch. It just has the top and bottom strips left, and to decide if I am going to do a little extra quilting on the sashing. It isn't overly quilted at all, quilting isn't my love at all and this is for a little girl so I wanted to keep it soft and light.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:12 AM

Here are the pics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555700[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1173.jpg  
Old 08-10-2016, 06:13 AM

Well it is really being obnoxious about pics today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555704[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1175.jpg