Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-02-2016, 08:10 PM

I don't pick fabrics to make the blocks either until I have them in my hands, seeing them in person, just wasn't sure what you were asking.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:17 AM

Nah, she's too busy being indecisive!
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
I'm the slow one in the group.... too much work, not enough time to get to the post office. I don't see everyone's fabrics in the gallery so that means either folks haven't decided or they are counting on Janice, the fearless leader, to take pics and post for them. Notice that Janice doesn't have a fabric posted in the gallery..... She's too busy sending emails and updating the gallery :-)
Old 08-03-2016, 05:31 AM

How sweet, you couldn't have asked for anything more Gram E
Old 08-03-2016, 11:18 AM

GramE, I have 7 grandkids but only one that lives close by and he is 9months old and the love of my life right now!! My 5 grandsons and one granddaughter from my daughter lives in virgina. They are 15,13,11,10 4. Then my oldest son has one daughter she is 15 and lives in New Hampshire. So I do a lot of sending in the mail. This boom I sent some very nice pink ballerina fabric to make my youngest granddaughter a quilt.so looking forward to the beautiful blocks you ladies will be making for me!!!!
Old 08-03-2016, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
GramE, I have 7 grandkids but only one that lives close by and he is 9months old and the love of my life right now!! My 5 grandsons and one granddaughter from my daughter lives in virgina. They are 15,13,11,10 4. Then my oldest son has one daughter she is 15 and lives in New Hampshire. So I do a lot of sending in the mail. This boom I sent some very nice pink ballerina fabric to make my youngest granddaughter a quilt.so looking forward to the beautiful blocks you ladies will be making for me!!!!

That gap between 9 months & 15 yrs old goes by fast. Rock & hold as much as you can, but you already know that. I have a great granddaughter turning 1 next week & I'm sure I just made her a quilt! It was a year ago! Mine are from 5 yrs old to 27. 12 of them. I tell them all they are my favorites! Just hearing them say my name lowers my BP.

Can't wait for the ballerina fabric! I only have 2 granddaughters and 10 grandsons, so plenty of boy antics around here! I love frilly.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:10 PM

We only have five grands. My second dd lives in Wisconsin and has a boy and girl 23 and 20. I'm sure I see my 20 year old granddaughter more the I see her brother. She will soon be a junior at Friends University in Wichita. Third dd lives about 20 minutes away and I am lucky enough to see them quite often. Oldest and youngest are girls almost 13, 9, and 6
Old 08-03-2016, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
We only have five grands. My second dd lives in Wisconsin and has a boy and girl 23 and 20. I'm sure I see my 20 year old granddaughter more the I see her brother. She will soon be a junior at Friends University in Wichita. Third dd lives about 20 minutes away and I am lucky enough to see them quite often. Oldest and youngest are girls almost 13, 9, and 6
That's a nice spread of ages. A little bit of every stage. But after the restrictions "school " brings are gone, the less I see them. But the relationships last forever. I have a grandson leaving for the Coast Guard next month. I'm trying to look at it as sharing the new adventure in his life.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:01 PM

I love hearing about and seeing pictures of all your grands they are all awesome.

Me my grands are all animals currently they are a snake (ball python) a hedgehog, a quarter horse a shepherd/wolf mix a munchkin cat and a huge orange tabby cat. In the past there has also been a western hog nose snake, rats, chinchilla, a variety of reptiles and frogs. I feel like I can call them grands as I have made blankets, beds, aquarium covers and even a halloween costume for the horse. hahaha

Janice, just too many fabrics to choose from. [ATTACH=CONFIG]555272[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quilt-store-.jpg  
Old 08-03-2016, 05:24 PM

I've got two grands (4 and 2) that I hope to addict to quilting soon. They love the quilts I have but they are too young for me to work on them while they are here. So I play with them instead. Once the two year old doesn't need as much watching, I'll start hand piecing in front of them as I "supervise" their painting or drawing or kazooing or doll housing, etc.... Such a joy being a grandmother! I didn't realize it would be this much fun!
Old 08-03-2016, 05:58 PM

I finally made here. LOL I've been sort of busy trying to get things rearranged so I can sew easier. Tomorrow we will be going to the post office so I will be able to send Janice my tracking #. I have 4 grand children that I don't get to see much but when I do we have all sorts of fun. I can hardly wait to see the newest one which is about 6 months old, he is in Sweden right now but they will be coming in Sept so I'm excited to see him. I get to Skype with them tomorrow too so I get to see him a bit but in person will be soooooo much more fun.