Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-04-2016, 05:31 AM

Same here moonrise, no kids so no grands. We never pursued any "options" either. We have lots of nieces and nephews and grands that way. Ranging from newborn to mid 30's. My brother didn't even start on his family until he was over 40, and my husband is the baby of his family he has siblings 10+ years older then him so we have quite the age range.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:48 AM

You all have such beautiful spirits about listening to proud grandmas! Thank you. In hindsight sometimes I realize that I probably went overboard, but it was never meant to cause someone else pain. Thank you for enjoying our joy! And Aunts & Uncles are a wonderful fun part of life too!

Moonrise, been the endometriosis route myself. I had 4 kids when they took my parts & the "monthly nonsense". Out of 5 sisters, 3 of us had it.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:54 AM

Kassandra I found most of my original info from the census reports, not sure how you could realistically start checking

We had always been told my dad's great grandmother- was full blooded Native aamerican who passed into the white world. Turns out that was baloney She was part Indian, both her parents were mixed blood and so were her grand parents. Still trying to get that all straight but boy for sure my heritage is Heinz 57
Old 08-04-2016, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
You all have such beautiful spirits about listening to proud grandmas! Thank you. In hindsight sometimes I realize that I probably went overboard, but it was never meant to cause someone else pain. Thank you for enjoying our joy! And Aunts & Uncles are a wonderful fun part of life too!

Moonrise, been the endometriosis route myself. I had 4 kids when they took my parts & the "monthly nonsense". Out of 5 sisters, 3 of us had it.
No worries here GramE, I am completely at peace w/ my situation, I have no regrets.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Kassandra I found most of my original info from the census reports, not sure how you could realistically start checking

We had always been told my dad's great grandmother- was full blooded Native aamerican who passed into the white world. Turns out that was baloney She was part Indian, both her parents were mixed blood and so were her grand parents. Still trying to get that all straight but boy for sure my heritage is Heinz 57
We had always been "told" our mother's maternal line was mostly native. But the little info I found was all Germanic. My Gma was the daughter of the son of the son of the son .... back to the first "House" that emigrated. I couldn't find anything about the women they married except names, and they all were very Germanic. So if there is native it would have come from one of the women w/ German names so likely through one of the wives maternal line (if it exists at all)
Old 08-04-2016, 06:14 AM

I say I have 7 grand kids but I feel more like I have 4 "kids" and 5 greats. My son was born when my daughter was 16 and she had a child at 18 so my son and grandkids grew up together being almost the same age. I had one at 16 one at 32 then no more at 34 due to surgery also.... My son has 4 of his own which are about the same age as my great grandkids are ..Its confusing! Wish I could see my 3 older grandkids more but they are in Illinois and the boy is in west Virginia and just became a daddy. I would be crazier without my grandkids that are here...esp the 3 year old. Hes my last "grand" kid so kind of special.. My twin brother just became a grandpa at 67, my older sister will never be a grandma...I have nieces and nephews older than I am...it definitely is like 2 separate families!! LOVE them all!
Old 08-04-2016, 07:06 AM

If you are referring to my comments GramE, absolutely no worries, no pain here. I'm disappointed that I don't have grands but it's not my decision and I respect my kids' choices. I thoroughly enjoy reading about everyone else's grands though! When the opportunity presents itself, I think I'll end up volunteering where I can be around little kids. Got plenty more loving to give but for now, I'll give it to my pups and kitties.
Originally Posted by GramE View Post

Old 08-04-2016, 07:52 AM

I would appreciate someone telling me how to shrink my photos...do yo wash them in really hot water��,or what?
Old 08-04-2016, 08:00 AM

Well, let's start with how you are taking pix. If you are using a iphone, the easiest way is to send the pix to yourself and after you click send, it asks you what size email you want. Choose the option that makes the pix come up to 200kB or less. So if you have 5 pix, the email should be 1 MB total, no more. When the email comes in, save those new smaller photos (files) and post those instead of the large ones. You'll still have your original large files as well as the small ones then.

If you are using a camera you connect to a computer to upload photos, your computer should have an editing program. You may be able to click on the photo, on mine it's right click, to edit. Then it probably gives you the option to resize. That's what you want. If your pic is 1.2MB, I'd select resize at between 10 and 20 percent. You can also save size by cropping the pic, getting rid of anything in the background that you don't need. For example, if you take a pic of a block on a table, I'd crop the table right the heck out of there. All that extra stuff is data you don't need.

Does this help at all? If you can be more specific about how you take pix, probably at least one of us can help.
Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
I would appreciate someone telling me how to shrink my photos...do yo wash them in really hot water��,or what?
Old 08-04-2016, 09:41 AM

Look what just arrived! 8 packages and one yesterday. Woo hoo!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555313[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg