Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 10-07-2016, 05:08 PM

I love the paths and stiles block Muse. Libsters going to have a lovely selection of blocks from this swap.
Originally Posted by Muse&Sew View Post
Beautiful wedding dresses, photo's etc! Fun to look at everyone's pictures.

Here is my block for Libster
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559855[/ATTACH]
Old 10-07-2016, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Thank you, Billi, for another pretty block.

Since I've finished all my blocks, I needed something to keep me busy soooo......I've been making some of Jclingaray's Hunter Star blocks. I have a baby shower for my next great-grandson, Lane, next Saturday so I put this together for him. Just simple SITD, but I like it. Sorry it's so dark, but it's pouring rain here. Now, to make some burp pads.

Edited to say: I do love scrappy.
Libster that is a wonderful quilt and do I spy fabric from the last boom? I like scrappy just so far been unable to create anything scrappy that doesn't look muddy and confusing. I will keep trying.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
What I've been working on this week. The tile is finished in the bathroom now. It looks like wood, but it is really tile. The grout is colored light brown. I decided to use the tile as a baseboard too. The space behind the toilet is tight and hard to clean so I decided to run the tile up the wall behind it. I am so thrilled w/ how it turned out, can't wait to do the rest of the house.
Kass awesome tile work. Your many talents never cease to amaze me.

So I only have a few f8's left to do and I need to go shopping for all three of them I have gone trough every piece of fabric in stash multiple times and nothing is working absolutely nothing. Off to my LQS tomorrow but in the mean time in order to avoid working on my bigger more pressing projects I continue to distract myself with bonus blocks this one is for TG.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559876[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails tg-right-handed-star-bonus-block.jpg  
Old 10-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

I opened this thread and there's a BIG 'OL POTTY, (before I read what was going on...) LOL!

Kass the tile job looks great! I have never seen tile in long pieces that look like wood before. They are getting really creative with flooring these days.

We did ceramic tile in our "new" house (16 years ago) and have it for floors, countertops, and also lined the tub and shower areas with it.

Nice bonus block for TG, Billi.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:30 PM

Kass great job on the tile, looks beautiful, and so easy to keep clean.

Billi beautiful block for TG
Old 10-07-2016, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I got tricked!!!! I have had an idea for Bibliostones swirly fabric since I first saw it in person, but have been looking for a fabric that is the right light orange and has a "print" (or actually a lack there of) that would work w/ my idea. Well I found an F8 that seemed about perfect, the light pinky orange in a batik "pattern", woo hooo give my self a high five and head for home where I unfold, and what do I find???????? hidden in the folds ........................ lots of yellow and purple Aztec suns!!!!! GRRRRRRRR

I'm thinking fussy cut?
Old 10-08-2016, 03:30 AM

"Libster that is a wonderful quilt and do I spy fabric from the last boom?"

Yep, you sure do. And the top left block is this booms fabric. It's amazing how a 4 1/2" & a 6 1/2" square of your focus and background fabric make this block. Takes just 4 of them to make your star. Great way to use up scraps.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:30 AM

Kass is there anything you can't do? Your tile work and. The tile you chose looks great.

billi great bonus block for TG.

so far the train bringing my sister and hubby home is 4.5 hours late. Had hoped to be home by now
Old 10-08-2016, 05:33 AM

Libster I like the idea of using JC's pattern and just making my own blocks. Then I could just take my time.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:43 AM

Hey quilters. Mind if I peek in from the Opal thread? You all create such wonderful blocks!

Kass - great tile work. I like that you carried it up the wall. Sounds like an interesting time was had by all. DH and I looked at putting similar tile in the Florida house. Luckily, the terrazzo floor was in good shape once we removed the 20 y.o. carpet. I'll deal with large area rugs over wall-to-wall any day!

Billi - nice block. I've been looking for inspiration for extra blocks. Don't know if there's enough fabric left for this pattern. I'll try it on my fabric first. This swap is showing so much creativity and imagination!
Old 10-08-2016, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Libster I like the idea of using JC's pattern and just making my own blocks. Then I could just take my time.

Terri, that's what I've done. When I cut a boom block adding my fabrics, I go ahead and cut the 2 squares needed for the Hunters Star too. So quick to cut and I just stack them until I have time to work on the blocks. They go together in no time.