Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 08-12-2016, 06:06 AM

I don't know why the third pic is so small but maybe this one will be bigger
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555839[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1175.jpg  
Old 08-12-2016, 07:38 AM

Kass - nice work - I like that you did it as a QAYG - that would make it easier to handle. I keep saying I will do that, then oops - forget.
Have tried posting a few times but our mifi goes out and QB doesn't save anything. Have tried a few patterns out. one was one that had those horrid 1/8 cutting and well, you all aren't getting it.
The other was a PP and I am not sure how - but it didn't meet the 12.5" square. So glad I try these things first on mine!
Got my sewing stuff from moms house and trying to work at the rig. Set up my high table with cutting board and ironing pad. My dining table (which we never use to eat at) is for sewing. Made up some hearts for the Ifoundaquiltedheart.com . used up scraps and even my scrap bits to stuff them with. Want to spread some love in the area.
Love the quilts and all the pictures.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:17 AM

Sew excited my quilt is completely finished, bound and all. I will have to wait for help w/ pics.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:28 AM

WOW that's wonderful news!! Keep it up!!!
Old 08-12-2016, 11:02 AM

Well here it is the finished quilt, this is from boom 15 and 16 blocks. I have enough to make one more girls quilt, and of course the boy's space quilt, which is up next. The binding is completely machine sewn. I read an article that talked about sewing it on the back side of the quilt and folding forward, it made a much cleaner machine sew line that I was thrilled with. I also read somewhere about folding the mitered corners so you are sewing into the miter. Such a tiny detail about which side to fold first makes such a huge difference in how easy the corners were to keep perfect.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555873[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555874[/ATTACH]
The fleece backing got a little puckering in some seam lines, I didn't notice until it was to late.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555875[/ATTACH]
The sashing strip just below the top row and just above the bottom row both have her name quilted in. The top one is from the front side so the name is backwards on the backside. This one was sewn from the back side so is backwards on the front. It had been so long since I had written in cursive I had to really think how some letters were written.

Thank you ladies for all the beautiful blocks that went into making this quilt.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_1180.jpg   dsc_1182.jpg   dsc_1183.jpg  
Old 08-12-2016, 12:03 PM

Lovely work, Kassaundra and you made it so quickly! And now we have another one to add to the completed Boom Quilts page in the gallery.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Well here it is the finished quilt, this is from boom 15 and 16 blocks. I have enough to make one more girls quilt, and of course the boy's space quilt, which is up next. The binding is completely machine sewn. I read an article that talked about sewing it on the back side of the quilt and folding forward, it made a much cleaner machine sew line that I was thrilled with. I also read somewhere about folding the mitered corners so you are sewing into the miter. Such a tiny detail about which side to fold first makes such a huge difference in how easy the corners were to keep perfect.

The fleece backing got a little puckering in some seam lines, I didn't notice until it was to late.

The sashing strip just below the top row and just above the bottom row both have her name quilted in. The top one is from the front side so the name is backwards on the backside. This one was sewn from the back side so is backwards on the front. It had been so long since I had written in cursive I had to really think how some letters were written.

Thank you ladies for all the beautiful blocks that went into making this quilt.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:12 PM

Seasaw2mch - GREAT NEWS! Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Cheers!
MJ
Old 08-12-2016, 12:31 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555883[/ATTACH]This is my fair entry..sashiko,needle turn applique,and hand quilted. Gotta do something while awaiting your fabric
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 08-12-2016, 12:40 PM

Oh my that is absolutely stunning, the only way your not bringing home a ribbon is if the judges are blind!
Old 08-12-2016, 12:48 PM

Seasaw sending you a big hug and congratulations. That is wonderful news