Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 06-19-2018, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Sorry I haven't posted lately. All of my things have been delivered and now I am trying to put things away and get settled. My apartment is on the second floor and those stairs are getting the best of me. I wish I had requested a first floor. I'm slowly getting the furniture I need. I am going shopping today for a sofa and a dresser. My sewing room is somewhat a mess but I unpacked all of my fabric and have my sewing and cutting tables set up. I'm ready to sew as soon as my squishy arrives. Checked the tracking and I should be receiving it on Thursday. Thanks Janice!

Thoughts and prayers to all who are ill and those recuperating from injuries. I hope everyone has a good day today.
Oh no moving is awful moving upstairs is my definition of hell! don't be doing anything crazy. Your squishy will be there soon and you can relax while hanging out with all the pretties.

Originally Posted by Stafar View Post
excellent-I'll probably have to get one of my young ones to help me do the photo shrinking them-they just "LOVE" mom computer questions-sometimes I come up with really stupid things for them to "teach" me just to annoy them.
"sometimes I come up with really stupid things for them to "teach" me just to annoy them" hahahaha a woman after my own heart. I live to annoy and embarrass my girls. I can still annoy them but they have been pretty much impossible to embarrass since about middle school.

Whatever they are kind, intelligent people just screwed up enough in the head that they are also funny as hell.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:47 AM

Hav4boys, I sure hope they have an answer for your MIL, this cancer stuff sucks!! Billi glad your foot is healing and don't worry about that swelling...your foot just isn't ready for you to dance yet klaws so glad you are getting settled but those stairs make me tired just thinking about it..
I was all psyched up to start chemo and radiation yesterday, phone rang 40 minutes before the appt. and they tell me the machine was down. Now it's next Monday....chemo has to be 5 consecutive days. Disappointing or a blessing not sure which...…I just really need to get this show on the road and get it over with.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:18 AM

Oh Jaba, the waiting is awful. I’m with you, get it done! However, now that you have to wait a week, relax, do something special, maybe play with your fabrices. Continued prayers for you. <3<3
Old 06-19-2018, 08:46 AM

The chat before the fun begins. Love it. Been really busy finishing up customer quilts and such. Have a table runner to get done tonight for MIL Birthday and the F8s should arrive just in time. I may take them with me on vacation we shall see. All depends on how much fun I can take along. LOL I will be doing the row by row as well. I best be getting back to work work. Fun stuff to finish up before new person comes on board and will be training them.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:29 AM

I've been working on a quilt to combine octos, hexies, and 4 patch posies in the same quilt. Here are a few pics of my progress so far.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596162[/ATTACH]
The original fabric

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596163[/ATTACH]
2 of the 9 planned octos

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596164[/ATTACH]
The cut out parts for the octos (big triangles) and the hexies

I now have all the half hexies sewn, but need to get them pressed and everything on the design wall for hexie layout. I already know the layout of the octos.
Attached Thumbnails img_0405.jpg   img_0512.jpg   img_0513.jpg  
Old 06-19-2018, 09:44 AM

Kass that's just amazing!
Old 06-19-2018, 09:55 AM

Gorgeous Kass.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Absolutely you may make the same block for multiple people. As GramE said, we have our favorites. What I try to do is post pix in the gallery as quickly as I can so everyone can see what’s already been made. There’s no rule about avoiding duplicates, but I try not to make one that’s already been made for a person. But it happens and that’s aok.
good thing, I have a rather limited vocabulary of blocks to chose from. I did buy a book and have become familiar with a few of the suggested websites with block collections. Bye bye comfort zone....here we go!

Originally Posted by jaba/
I was all psyched up to start chemo and radiation yesterday, phone rang 40 minutes before the appt. and they tell me the machine was down. Now it's next Monday....chemo has to be 5 consecutive days. Disappointing or a blessing not sure which...…I just really need to get this show on the road and get it over with.
oh no! What a complete drag to now have to wait longer to start, it’s important for you to get started ASAP!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I've been working on a quilt to combine octos, hexies, and 4 patch posies in the same quilt. Here are a few pics of my progress so far.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596162[/ATTACH]
The original fabric

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596163[/ATTACH]
2 of the 9 planned octos

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596164[/ATTACH]
The cut out parts for the octos (big triangles) and the hexies

I now have all the half hexies sewn, but need to get them pressed and everything on the design wall for hexie layout. I already know the layout of the octos.
looks beautiful and complicated!

I won a ticket to a sewing retreat for this weekend so will be leaving Thursday morning , well Wednesday night is more like it, with a 6:30 am flight that leaves from an airport 2 1/2 hours away. Right after squishy is scheduled to get here on wed. I’m tempted to take a few with me to work on in between the retreat projects, might be a nice Gear shift from a cathedral window and bag making.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:27 AM

Kass, unreal what you can do to a geometric piece of fabric

Jaba how nerve wracking, sorry that happened to you.

Pamela have fun at your sewing retreat.

I just had my hair highlighted light purple.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Kass, unreal what you can do to a geometric piece of fabric

Jaba how nerve wracking, sorry that happened to you.

Pamela have fun at your sewing retreat.

I just had my hair highlighted light purple.
LOL Terri... your post read like a “which of these statements is false?” game! Purple? Really? My impression of you just got a whole lot more vivid! You will have to show us a picture, brave soul.