Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group >

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Old 09-11-2020, 08:01 PM

Terri, there must be an RV bug going around. We have never had one before but just bought our first! It's a KZ Sportsman 2021 with 2 bedrooms. I do dialysis for 10 hours at night and my poor husband has to have his own room to get any sleep. It's perfect for us. We are driving up to Ohio next week to pick it up.... So So So excited. This is the floor plan

Attached Thumbnails rv.jpg  

Last edited by Bugaroo; 09-11-2020 at 08:02 PM. Reason: forgot picture
Old 09-12-2020, 05:41 AM

Getting an RV is a dream of mine. My SIL's daughter in her 30s has moved her kids and husband into one and is touring the country homeschooling all the way and loves it! COVID free and seeing lots of things in nature that may change due to global warming and political squandering. Good for her!

I am glad you, Terriamn and Bugaroo, are getting RVs! Enjoy!!! You are going to love roaming around if you can stand being away from your stash. Featherweights are perfect for RVs. :-)
Old 09-12-2020, 06:22 AM

Couple pictures of ours, think this is our 8 th trailer
Attached Thumbnails f120f4e3-1431-48cc-919e-18309d35581f.jpeg   fd7c00f5-9a62-4934-a292-0c8656cb149b.jpeg   19c2ad30-4cf0-42d6-961c-ddb2973da393.jpeg  
Old 09-12-2020, 06:50 AM

My husband and I aren’t ready for an RV Yet but we travel for a month at a time in a 1999 Ford Van we have retrofitted. We had planned to do a six month trip around the country starting in April but Covid May stop that. It has a solar refrigerator/freezer (with 20 frozen meals in it ) and a very very comfortable full size bed. There is a boat potty but I’m only supposed to use it at night for no. 1. We have a ‘sun’ shower ( a bag of sun heated water with an attached nozzle) We bring Kindles and books, bikes, a kayak, hiking boots and a box of at home Yoga/ exercise stuff. My crazy quilt sewing stuff goes in a shelf under the freezer with the first aid kit. I told my husband if we go for 6 months I need a way to bring my sewing machine.

Every once in a while my husband will look in the van and say you need some alone time don’t you? He’ll take his mandolin or guitar and head off to the woods for a few hours .

moving into an RV will be a big step up! I hope to chat with you sometime, travelinggrandma about traveling for Long periods of time like this.

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 09-12-2020 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:57 AM

Fixed RV's are a common site here in SD. We're one of those states that retired people will use as their "permanent" address as there is no state income tax. So there are a lot of RV parks that are set up specifically for that - put an RV on it and visit a bit in the summer and you are good to go. County I use to live in had about 3,000 residents, and about 750 of them were RV residents.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

Those RVs look great, Bug and Terri. My hubby has too many physical problems to do anything like that, so we are homebodies. Except for me... I hit the road alone to go see my grandbabies in Memphis as often as I can!
Old 09-12-2020, 09:42 AM

Hi Pumpkins! It has been so long and I have missed you all so much! I never introduced myself on the other board, so I'll do a quick one here. My name is Jayne Adams and I live in Cheyenne, Wyoming - I was previously Jayne Wingate, but I was surprised (mostly) with a divorce in spring of 2019 after 28 years of marriage. Not to sugar coat anything - it was hard. I bought a cute house in the old section of town, did a complete remodel, lost 15 pounds, got a puppy and a boyfriend! LIfe moves on and I'm determined to remain positive, optimistic and create a wonderful future! All in your attitude, right?

I have two adult boys - one just got engaged and we'll have a wedding next fall in Cincinnati the other lives in Salt Lake. Both are engineers and employed! What more does a mom want?! I am a high school math teacher but currently run a district wide graduation program for kids who are at risk or have dropped out. Its about the coolest job EVER! We are back in person, so we'll see how that goes.

I have been quilting for about 4 years and I think have completed upwards of 20 quilts. - I love making quilts for other people, have made quite a few Tshirt quilts, but have kept all my boom quilts for me! I've done a lot of holiday themes in previous booms and this one will be Valentine's day! I'll send a pic of my fabric later.

My father has a condo in Encinitas and one of these days MJP and I are going to meet up when I go out there, right?

It snowed here this week (managed to save most of my flowers) but today the sun is out and it once again feels like late summer. Its going to be a yardwork day with hopefully an afternoon walk to a local brewery.

Again, it is SO nice to be back!

Old 09-12-2020, 10:54 AM

Here is the block I made for myself.
Attached Thumbnails hav4boys.jpg  
Old 09-12-2020, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

Jayne, great to hear from you and catch up. You sound happy.

Hav, very cute block. I can see that solids are going to be the way to go, or two prints will compete. I had found a fall print, but now I'm rethinking it. Great fussy cutting in that block!
Old 09-12-2020, 01:28 PM

Such a fun block, Have4Boys!

Jayne - You have gone through a major change in your life but it sounds like you are rocking the changes. Thank you for making a difference in those students' lives! And congrats on your new DIL to be.