Boom 28 Holly

Old 12-27-2022, 03:47 AM

It turns out our broken pipe is a broken spigot and it’s temporarily sealed off so no more leak. Now have to wait for a plumber to come out. They’re very busy with real emergencies. So far, we’ve been lucky. We’ll see as temps climb over the next few days.

Anyone have fun plans for New Year’s Eve? We’ll be staying home and watching the festivities on the tv. I’ll be lucky to make it to midnight. Lol.
Old 12-27-2022, 06:18 AM

Thanks so much for that Lady of the Lake block Ibex! It turned out great, I think. This quilt top will be very unique indeed.

We have survived the cyclone bomb here with about 2 feet of snow. I've been stuck inside the house for days, but mostly finished a log cabin wall hanging last night, will put on the borders today and then will be cutting my merry mayhem pieces for the New Year's Day sewing blitz. My son lost his water to frozen pipes, I told him to call the township and who knew, the pipe froze at the source and the water valve couldn't be turned off. So at least he might not have an outrageous water bill this month. Christmas was very cozy and simple this year, everyone got a little something and Santa came with chocolate bars and Korean beauty face masks (depending on the stocking). Hugs all!
Old 12-27-2022, 07:21 AM

Janice glad the water pipe wasn’t’ worse. We left our water on in Texas so the construction folks could use our facilities. Not good. So thankful my sister and her partner went over there and turned our water on to a slow drip, wrapped our outside pipe and covered my flowers. Hoping for the best. We will head back down there Thursday. No New Years Eve plans for us except to unpack car.
Old 12-27-2022, 11:00 AM

Terriamn, hope all is well at the Texas house when you get back. So far it looks like our damages are minimal. We’re counting ourselves very lucky. DH is on his way to the cabin to see if our good luck holds there as well.

New avatar! One block from a mystery quilt. Quite a few more to go I’m sure!
Old 12-27-2022, 11:38 AM

I can't wait to see everyone's quilts from this boom! Reba's folk space girl is going to keep me in giggles for a long time! Try to get that quilt up really fast, Rebaquilts!

Janice -- very pretty avatar! I am glad you found some great batiks for your mystery quilt!

I hope no one ends up with dramatic floods ln their houses after the weather warms up. Gotta love home ownership....

There have been a ton of blogs offering checklists to download to help keep track of UFOs, or projects and completion rates for the 2023 year. I put together my list of UFOs that are with me here in Texas. One a month off my list is my goal. Hold me to it!!! The good news is there are four projects here that are pillowcases :-) I might get those done,
Old 12-28-2022, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

Well my friends, today is our due date and we still have two packages in postal limbo. They were both mailed in plenty of time, but got caught in the local distribution centers. Two left and we'll be done! Hopefully they will both come this week.

Will keep you updated.
Old 12-28-2022, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

Janice and Reba, love the new avatars!
Old 12-28-2022, 03:58 PM

Congratulations to all the BOOM 28 participants for getting the blocks done and mailed on time! The problem is the post office now. Janice -- I hate that you have to delay wrapping up the project for all of us. I know you have other things to work on.

Have you thought about the timing for BOOM 29? I am hoping you are willing to continue as hostess.
Old 12-28-2022, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

Yes, I'm willing, but I think about two per year is just about right. So look for another one sometime around May.
Old 12-29-2022, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
TG -- gorgeous machine! What a great Christmas present!!

Here is some eye candy to help get you all ready for the delivery of our BOOM blocks. Wrapping up BOOM blocks while the holiday is hitting seems to be my holiday tradition. All of yours sound much better!

Quiltblocks magazine puts out some fun blocks to play with. I tried the Rick Rack Row(#679) with Klaws' beautiful fabric. This was one of those take a beautiful piece of fabric and cut it up into tiny pieces to try to make an even prettier piece of fabric type experiment for me.

Janice McC loves stars but when her fabric is part of the star, not much gets to be used so I opted to make her fabric the back of the star and found a really fun star, Tumbler Star #194, to work with.

I loved it so much for the directional print and how it allowed me to keep the garden intact that I decided that TravelingGramma needed the same treatment with her beautiful leaves that shimmer in gold and blue. As this is the Christmas season, stars seem a good choice.

Petthefabric allowed me to pull out my fabrics to find the right shade variations for her key fabric. I have a bucket list quilt (Malaga) that I got the idea from and played with the numbers and came up with this beauty.

And Marcialee gets a variation of Rings in Motion (Quilter's Cache), an attempt to paper piece something new on my part. My nephew, the artist, saw this block and fell in love with it. He thinks your fabric may glow under UV light, lol.

More tomorrow. I am going to slowly unveil just cause I know you all need something new to look at when you pop into the forum.

Great blocks, Ibex