Boom 28 Holly

Old 12-31-2022, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Thank you for all the hard work and keeping us all accountable.. It is so appreciated
And thank you one and all for your blocks - I did find sashing fabric - but until I get the blocks on the wall - who knows.

My two teenage grandchildren knocked on our door on Christmas afternoon! Surprise!! (so glad my DH can not keep a secret) they stayed for a dinner {that I always cook too much of} and over night. In the morning DS got the ATV out and pulled the kids around on sleds. They went home black and blue but happy!!
Best Christmas present ever!!
yeh! I think a surprise visit is awesome.
Old 12-31-2022, 04:58 PM

If someone’s album is a block short, there’s a block in my album that isn’t mine. Not complaining or critical. Your work is awesome.
Old 12-31-2022, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
If someone’s album is a block short, there’s a block in my album that isn’t mine. Not complaining or critical. Your work is awesome.
I'll find that wayward block and put it where it belongs!

You are all so welcome to my hosting. I'm glad you weren't afraid to sign up with me, this being my first rodeo. I asked to do it because I felt I could provide some continuity with the way Janice had it set up. I've done many Booms with her and think I know how she does everything. If not, I asked her!

Thank you for the cards and a few 'happy's! And for the encouragement. That meant the most.
Old 12-31-2022, 09:55 PM

Made it to 2023 on the East Coast! Hope it’s a good year for us all.
Old 01-01-2023, 07:27 AM

I second that hope, Janice.

To all -- May your quilting dreams be met and your love be felt by those around us as we each radiate joy through our piecing and quilting.
Old 01-01-2023, 08:43 PM

As we wait for our blocks, here are three pictures. The first is my "virtual" quilt of the blocks I made, the second is the Depression Block I make for each swap and the third is how far I have gotten with my Depression block quilt. It started as a lap quilt but I decided to make it into a king size instead so I need to make 24 more blocks, only 768 triangles to go. Some of these blocks were made long ago when the board had a monthly swap where you chose a theme and your partner made a block for you. These blocks do not lend themselves to medium value fabrics as you can see by some of the blocks. A sharp contrast between dark and light values works best.
Hope you all have a wonderful 2023!
Attached Thumbnails zzz-bibliostone-tile.jpg   zzz-depression.jpg   zzz-depression-quilt-1-1-23.jpg  
Old 01-02-2023, 05:32 AM

Bibliostone, I love your Depression Block quilt! A king size will be a gorgeous. I remember that swap. It was where I began swapping blocks on the QB.
Old 01-02-2023, 09:28 AM

Bibliostone -- beautiful stuff you are sharing there! You have been participating in a lot of exchanges!!
Old 01-02-2023, 10:15 AM
Power Poster

Love those, B'stone!
Old 01-02-2023, 11:35 AM

Boom 28 folks, I'd love your recommendations on what sashing to use. I have auditioned medium blue, solid yellow, royal blue, and dark green. My sister surprised me with a green suggestion. What do you experienced quilters suggest?
Attached Thumbnails ukraine-layout.jpg