Boom 28 Holly

Old 10-23-2022, 07:15 PM

Hopefully we will learn the route down here and the drive will be less stressful. Last year we bought an up to date Atlas but of course it was in the back seat under things when we needed it. After finding it then I had to find where we were on the map, in hind sight pretty comical. Cheesehead lots of traffic in Oklahoma City and the only other intense area was 30 minutes from our home because of new highway construction. Absolutely beautiful here
Old 10-23-2022, 07:37 PM
Power Poster

Love your organization, Pet!
Old 10-24-2022, 04:12 AM

i try to check out on maps - atlas and online - before we go somewhere. I need to See the entire path to get it into my head. One time our gps was outdated and kept yelling at me to turn right - when we were on the top of a new bridge. We laughed as we were yelling at her!!

those modern and out of the box blocks are looking really good (says a traditional ocd gal) love that we are learning new things and new ways - one block at a time.
Old 10-24-2022, 05:00 AM

On Thursday one of my close quilting buddies started slurring her words. Her hubby who just retired 3 weeks ago rushed her to hospital thinking it was a stroke. Not a stroke but inoperable brain tumor, she went home last night. Now they are choosing a hospice program. Carol is the one I have designated to give all my quilting stash to. I am heartbroken for her and family
Old 10-24-2022, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

So sorry, Terri! Hope your friend doesn't suffer.

Old 10-24-2022, 06:30 AM

So sorry also Terri. That happened to one of my friends in September, she got confused, showed up to church on Friday thinking it was Sunday, was in the ER on Saturday with more confusion and it was an inoperable brain tumor. Brings a whole new appreciation for the phrase life is short when that kind of thing happens.

Been a bit under the weather this past week, got one block done for pumpkins, though. Thanks, Sewbiz for the modern block, Its what you feel is modern, so it's all just right. Hugs all!
Old 10-24-2022, 06:54 AM

Terriamn, I’m sad to hear about your friend. I hope her family and friends will be able to help her through whatever comes. Hugs.
Old 10-24-2022, 08:45 AM

Sad to hear. It’s good she has family and friends to help.

Last night started on patterns and stash. Have 15% coupon for this week. Trying to get organized for shopping trip.
Old 10-24-2022, 11:19 AM

Here is a block for Sewbizgirl…

Old 10-24-2022, 12:08 PM

Hello everyone. Great blocks posted.

I am still with my mom. She cannot longer move her legs or her left arm. We just work our best to keep her comfortable.