Boom 28 Holly

Old 10-21-2022, 04:47 PM

https://ibb.co/N265qfV]

One of the projects that needed completed before Nov 12th. It is a table runner for a Steelers basket that will be raffled off on Veterans Day to raise money for Veterans for Christmas

Last edited by Lstew2212; 10-21-2022 at 04:56 PM.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:11 PM

Lovely quilt, Lstew, but ..... Go SAINTS!
Old 10-21-2022, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Lovely quilt, Lstew, but ..... Go SAINTS!
LOL

I am a big college football fan, not so much NFL. My husband is a big Steelers Fan
Old 10-21-2022, 05:25 PM

The Steelers are my second favorite group because I had so much family from the Pittsburgh area so I do appreciate your husband's team. That was sweet of you to make something to raffle off that will be sure to bring in the fans. Raise that money!!
Old 10-21-2022, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
Are these paper piecing? I love the intricate design on both.
yes they are paper pieced
Old 10-22-2022, 06:50 AM

Wow? I went and took a look at the blocks on SEWBIZ site. All the blocks are wonderful. I love all of mine. You folks are giving me blocks that I wouldn’t be able to do on my own.

DH is going sailing on a catamaran down the Baja coast and I’ll have almost three weeks to have the house to myself! I’m looking forward to getting a lot of quilting done then.

My middle child is coming home to help me give a Halloween party. We give out books to the kids and have a dinner party on the driveway! The Buy Nothing group gave me about 400 books so 100 will go to the Halloween kids and the rest will be put in our Little Free Library. Halloween is my favorite holiday!
Old 10-22-2022, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

Yes! We are up to 280 blocks posted on the ibb site! Can you believe it? Anyone not visiting it yet, just click on the live link (blue) in my sig line. You can look at albums, or images, which you choose in the upper right corner. Check out your own albums, as well as each other's! Pumpkins and Holly are there together, but I have labeled each album either pumpkin or holly, so you can find what you are looking for.

I like to browse under "images", to see all the blocks in the order that they were uploaded, starting with the latest one first and working backwards to the first.
In "albums" remember you can put it in alphabetical by clicking on "A-Z" before browsing. That helps.

MJP, I'm intrigued that you give the trick-or-treaters books. What kind of books do you pass out? Dinner party on the driveway sounds fun too. Obviously you have mild weather in Encinitas! In Memphis there are Little Free Library boxes in the neighborhoods. My granddaughter loves to get a book while out on a walk with her mommy. It's a great idea!
Old 10-22-2022, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Wow? I went and took a look at the blocks on SEWBIZ site. All the blocks are wonderful. I love all of mine. You folks are giving me blocks that I wouldn’t be able to do on my own.

DH is going sailing on a catamaran down the Baja coast and I’ll have almost three weeks to have the house to myself! I’m looking forward to getting a lot of quilting done then.

My middle child is coming home to help me give a Halloween party. We give out books to the kids and have a dinner party on the driveway! The Buy Nothing group gave me about 400 books so 100 will go to the Halloween kids and the rest will be put in our Little Free Library. Halloween is my favorite holiday!
I'm a reader, I love the idea of giving out books. so cool.
Old 10-22-2022, 01:57 PM

We have had a little Free library for about 10 years. During the pandemic we loaned out over 1000 books one year when the schools and libraries were closed down. The thrift stores were closed down too! We had to rely on donations and we ordered books online. Our library. Holds about 90 books, It’s geared towards kids, with only the top shelf holding paperback adult books. It was really good to have a way to contribute to the community during the pandemic.

We have also been the ‘Halloween Book House’ for many years. We get about 70 kids. I have about a 100 books for them to choose from and sort them into different categories: board, picture, chapter, teen and adult. It is so much fun to hear the kids yell: It’s the book house! They get to pick out whichever book they want and we get to see all the fun costumes.

I have a dinner party on the driveway: I serve two or three different soups and bread, very simple. BYOB. We don’t drink, so I always. Have mint flavored water too. We get between 10 and 20 people for dinner. I really love Halloween.

We have a wonderful Buy Nothing group. In early October 400 books were donated for the library and the Halloween extravaganza. With the books I already had, I have enough for Halloween and 2023. It took me about 8 hours to sort them all out. It was fun.
Old 10-22-2022, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

You are definitely the Book Lady! In Tennessee, Dolly Parton has a foundation that gives one free book per month to every single child born in the state, up until they turn 6. It's a wonderful program and she is a wonderful person! The books are all the good classics, too, and age appropriate. Such a blessing.

I have finished all of my Boom Blocks, TA DA! Here are my last three:

First, Cut Glass Dish for Pet
Next is a science lab block for Ibex... the green is a pretty sage, tho it looks like mustard in the photo!
Lastly is the one I struggled the most with. Reba, I tried to make a modern block and this is the result! I looked up modern blocks online, and they have certain criteria. My block met 4 out of 8 and yet it's still weird. So sorry. Feel free to take apart and alter as desired!

Here's an article on Modern Quilts I read:
https://www.seasonedhomemaker.com/wh...-modern-quilt/

Attached Thumbnails img_2916.jpg   img_2918.jpg   img_2915.jpg