Boom 28 Holly

Old 11-01-2022, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

How is your foot today, LC?
Old 11-01-2022, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
How is your foot today, LC?
When I wake up in the morning it is quite painful to step on, because I haven’t had any pain meds. I’ve found those Bengay menthol patches take away some of the ache at night. Certain movements are more painful than others, still pretty painful trying to walk up stairs. I’m elevating my foot right now, the doctor was supposed to call back today but their office closes at 4:30, so I’m going to have to call them tomorrow morning to figure out what the plan is. I just don’t want what happened last time with this ankle. I first sprained it and didn’t really stay off it, the my ankle really gave out and I ended up with three fractures that required three surgeries to fix within a few months of each other. Thanks for asking, I am just really anxious about this ankle really giving out and causing it to fracture again. It does have a titanium plate with five screws in it, but I don’t know if it can tolerate another fall.
Old 11-01-2022, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
This block is for Jayne.
As always, my friend, you have blown it out of the water! I love it! Thank you

Old 11-01-2022, 01:01 PM

Hey all,

Log Cabin, OUCH.... I hope you have a speedy recovery. My foot hurt just looking at the picture.

We are getting an egress window put into our basement, in my sewing room!. BF dug the hole and we thought we were ready to go, so I packed up my sewing room and ..... nothing. The contractor is 1-2 weeks delayed. So not only will we be racing against the snow, my room is all packed up! I have all my blocks planned and most cut out... its looking like I might be sewing on the kitchen table! Be assured, they will get done, I'm just a very late bloomer on this boom!

We have a trip to California (Yep, to Encinitas!) for Thanksgiving. And in addition to seeing MJP, my son, his wife and boyfriends two kids will be there. First time for our kids to meet! I'm so excited I can barely stand it!
Old 11-01-2022, 02:39 PM

Jayne, sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving.

We have been busy with one thing after another here. Had a gentleman stop by today to give me advice on all the cacti in the yard. He suggested cutting 2 all the way to the ground and keep them trimmed, they have nasty thorns and when they fall off will root right there. We had one totally removed and one cut 98% off and boy those thorns were nasty trying to pick up to throw away. My back didn’t approve of all the bending over and is vey unhappy with me. Learning a lot about southern plants and it’s very interesting
Old 11-01-2022, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

Log Cabin, yikes! Had no idea you have been through so much already with that foot! Hope it heals well and soon.
Old 11-01-2022, 05:59 PM

Here is a block for Ibex

Old 11-01-2022, 06:23 PM

Terri,
Looking back after reading the instructions multiple times, I think I still screwed up. So here it is. If you wanted something different, please PM me. I’ll make something else.

db68fa2f-be4f-402b-a120-ede6e2c6a73b.jpeg
Old 11-02-2022, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Revised, the wing didn’t look smooth. This pattern was adapted from a cardinal so I had to figure out how to color the blues. Hugs!
Absolutely perfect! Love everything about it and it very well be the centerpiece! Thank you
Old 11-02-2022, 04:55 AM

Jayne - now that is a great thanksgiving to look forward to. time with both extended families and getting to know each other - and am sure they are all happy for you and BF!

Terriam - we had to clean all the cacti off our property in AZ - took a year! But the dogs certainly appreciated it. They would be so ever kind and bring those thorns into the house. UGH!

Logcabin beautiful block - but how did you make that keeping your foot elevated?? Hopefully doctor can give you some comfort and support for ankle. But you need to take care of it yourself. Just saying from someone who doesn't follow orders!