Boom 28 Holly

Old 11-02-2022, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post

Logcabin beautiful block - but how did you make that keeping your foot elevated?? Hopefully doctor can give you some comfort and support for ankle. But you need to take care of it yourself. Just saying from someone who doesn't follow orders!
It took several days, and after I finished I had to elevate for two hours to reduce the pain! But I can’t stop sewing, I’ll have to find a way to prop my foot up while sewing! I’m bad at following orders too!
Old 11-02-2022, 09:43 AM

I hope everyone had a lovely Halloween with lots of fun costumes to watch walking by. There were more trick or treaters for me this year at this new location than I have seen since I moved from New Orleans. What an intense couple of hours hoping that my candy and cookies would stretch!

The blocks you all are working on are beautiful. I am happy to say my new sewing machine is up and running and I hope to contribute some pictures to the gallery this weekend.

Logcabin -- I am so sorry that you had that spill! I hope you feel better soon.

Sewbizgirl -- love the balloon! And thank you for the gallery set up.

Rebaquilts, that eye of god came out great!

I can't figure out how to multiquote. I have checked off multi quote but when I try to post, nothing happens. What steps am I missing.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
Here is a block for Ibex

What a beautiful butterfly! Thank you! Logcabin, knowing you made it while recuperating with that leg makes it even more special. A gentle way to reduce the inflammation in your leg is to drink green tea with turmeric. Bigelow makes one and seems to be available in most grocery stores in single tea bag servings. But any tea with turmeric will do the same thing. I just like the flavor of the matcha green tea with turmeric. We drink it pretty much daily (one cup/day) at our house and our lower level aches and pains don't annoy us as much. I hope it works for you, too.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
This is a beautiful SW block! Great job!

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Here is my block for travelinggramma, a bluebird hiding in the trees. I took a little liberty with the gold for a bit of contrast for his eye and beak. Hugs!
Your bird and the revised bird are lovely. You are doing great with these paper piecing projects!

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Bibliostone, pattern is disappearing 9 patch, D9P.

Next is Logcabin. Pattern is 9 patch with original patters and lots of piecing to get 5 elephants

Attachment 641129
both the disappearing 9-patch and your elephants are so great! Petthefabric, these are true jewels for the quilts!

And I finally figured out how to multiquote!
Old 11-02-2022, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

Love that butterfly, Log Cabin! Couldn't you try using the foot controller with your left foot, while propping up the right on a box or something? Where there's a will, there's gotta be a way!

Pretty Southwest block, Pet!

Ibex, glad you figured out the Multi Quote.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

I bought a used copy of Tula Pink's City Sampler, so I'll be ready to make modern blocks for our next Boom! Can't wait til it gets here.
Old 11-02-2022, 12:26 PM

Here is a block for Rebaquilts.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:05 PM

fcb7cd0a-494d-4727-947d-e61eddf91e66.jpeg f75928eb-1699-449b-8066-d98aa0b424f0.jpeg 0e621835-4e3f-47bc-bca5-c814b0e1b792.jpeg

Just have 3 more to make. More to post. Been having fun finding designs. Since that’s my fav part, BOOM is definitely for me.

MJPEncinitas; love your fabric for possibilities. I kept seeing stripes. After research, I’m jazzed to make stripe quilts. Simple old rail fence said so much with your fabric.

Lstew; loved your fabric. Had lots to go with it. After using the pattern for Donald D, realized it’d be great for 🦕 🦖 too. It’s Pickerel Tooth Square. The long band of grey/blue has drawn me for years (it’s an old one) and reminded me of the humps on Dino’s.

H4B; working on your pattern. Is improve OK?

KLAWS; your concept is so good. This is the one that wouldn’t behave. Probably practicing would improve my skills.

Old 11-02-2022, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
This block is for Lstew. I don't know a name for it. When I mentioned keeping track of time, I only count cutting and sewing time or no one would believe I spent that much time making a baby blanket! It takes me 3 to 4 hours, depending on how complex (or small) the pieces are.
Beautiful Block, It's Perfect. Thank you
Old 11-02-2022, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Here is one for LStew, enjoy! Hugs!
Perfect block, I love it. Thank You