Boom 28 Holly

Old 10-24-2022, 12:30 PM

Terri, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That is just devastating. I hope she can have some quality time with her family and friends and a peaceful final chapter of her life.

MJP, I have so many extra kid books... next time I drive to Encinitas!!
Old 10-24-2022, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post

Next is a science lab block for Ibex... the green is a pretty sage, tho it looks like mustard in the photo!
Beautiful science block! Thank you!! Your other blocks knock my socks off, too. I don't know that I've ever seen a cut glass dish before... it dazzles! The link to the modern blocks is greatly appreciated, too. Thank you and congrats on finishing all your blocks for this gang.
Old 10-24-2022, 03:15 PM

MJP -- that is a striking pattern that you used for Sewbiz and Marcia! Works great with those fabrics! Beautiful! Those fussy cut faces and flowers are perfect!

Old 10-24-2022, 03:30 PM

Terriamn, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she is feeling alright and can function well despite the slurred speech and awful prognosis. I hope you will be able to visit with her and laugh together many more times before this journey is done.

Hav4boys, my heart aches for you and your family. Your mom must love her life and your attention a whole bunch since she has not yet been willing to let go. Are the kids visiting, too, or is it just you and your siblings at this point?
Old 10-24-2022, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts View Post
Thanks, Sewbiz for the modern block, Its what you feel is modern, so it's all just right. Hugs all!
I'm still looking at your block and may make some changes to it. I just don't feel it's done, somehow.

LogCabin82, thank you for my pretty block! My quilt is going to be so cute with all these different style blocks in it.
Old 10-24-2022, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for your kind compliments, Ibex!
Old 10-24-2022, 10:23 PM

Thank you sewbizgirl for my lovely blocks. Does anyone else keep track of how long it takes you to make each block? Since these blocks will be used in a service project, I am keeping track of the time I spend making each block. I am incredibly slow! These blocks are for Hav4boys and Janice McM.
Attached Thumbnails hav4boys.jpg   janice-mcm.jpg  
Old 10-25-2022, 02:38 AM

Good morning. Bibliostone, thank you for my lovely block! The yellow is beautiful. No, I don’t keep track of the time spent making blocks. It’s my relaxation time and what time it takes, it takes. Besides, I’m a slow block maker.
Old 10-25-2022, 04:02 AM

LogCabin and Biblistone great color choices, very pretty blocks

H4B my heart goes out to you, being with my mom on her last days was both very special and heartbreaking at the same time. So glad you have the opportunity to spend this precious time with your Mom
Old 10-25-2022, 07:59 AM

Because each is different, there’s design and stash shopping time. I do about 3/day.