Boom 28 Holly

Old 09-15-2022, 01:00 AM

The fabrics posted are inspiring me. My fingers are itching to get hold of them and start. Waiting!

What online block sources do you know?
Old 09-15-2022, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Wow TG I thought our little post office had weird hours but Monroe NH bears ours hands down

Several years ago my sister bought a camping van and we joined several Facebook groups for women's solo camping. She sold her van but I have enjoyed reading the camping posts and have become very interested in solo camping. But I am a big chicken and would never sleep in a tent myself. Now and then I crave peace and quiet, eating when I want and just enjoying the quiet of nature. Yesterday we went to our camper and we had already discussed it would be quiet time. When we arrived 4 couples that we are close to were all there. Had a great time but so much for peace and quiet. Arrived home today and ordered some real camping supplies. Hubby is not happy with me because he is worried about my safety. Going to give it a try. Just a day or two, I will be car camping and taking a instant set up 2 person screen tent
I have always wanted to camp solo, and off the grid. It would be so peaceful being able to read, knit or just craft with no one around to bother me.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Terri, never knew you were such a pistol! With sickos strangling women these days, I decided that while in Memphis I will not even walk my neighborhood circle alone anymore. I have a big dog, but he is so distracted by every smell and bush I spend most of the walk yanking him along. So it's not much of a walk with him. Maybe my son will go with me.

Speaking of Memphis, I'm going there tomorrow, through the weekend. My daughter and I are embarking on a little business venture together. She has a couple of "venues" now in an upscale antique store. One is for babies and young children. I am making stroller and crib quilts to sell in the baby venue. I've been busy for weeks stippling my fingers to the bone, and tonight I'm washing all of them. They should crinkle well with their 80/20 batting. Eventually I will add pillows and probably bags and some outfits. My daughter would like to have some of my crocheted animal dolls too, but they take so long to make it really isn't worth it. I just make them for the grandkids' gifts.

Waiting, waiting for this boom to start. Maybe I'll make my own blocks while I wait.
I have been throwing around participating in some local craft fairs with some of my crafts. Other than quilting, I love to knit and sew. Bags and purses, baby items, hats and scarves are all the items I have made for a small booth. In the fall we always have 4 or 5 in and around the community, by next fall I should have some more made.

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
These are the two fabrics I am sending for this boom. They will be used to make baby quilts that will be distributed to military families that are stationed overseas and have a new infant.
cute fabric, I’m itching to get started
Old 09-15-2022, 03:34 AM

Terri - enjoy it one night at a time. Pick a safe spot. You can do it!

SewBiz - I we had a dog like that. I couldn't take a walk without her - but couldn't walk with her! Let us know what are the sellers in your venue. I see so many items made and always wonder how much they sold. I give everyone credit as I am not one that could sew like that.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:42 AM

Bibliostone such darling fabric, love the camo like fabric with the frogs.

Klaws, your fabric is beautiful, all those colors are going to make a beautiful quilt.

Hav4, first thing I thought of when I saw your fabric was Kass would have had a blast creating something unique with it. It's going to be fun to see what everyone makes.

Old 09-15-2022, 06:17 AM

Sewbiz, I mailed my package yesterday and emailed you the tracking number.
I'm all set to go!!!
Old 09-15-2022, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
The fabrics posted are inspiring me. My fingers are itching to get hold of them and start. Waiting!

What online block sources do you know?
Here are the ones I have posted in our sign up thread.
https://www.quiltingdaily.com/free-q...ls-quilting-3/
https://www.patchworksquare.com/index.php
https://www.generations-quilt-patter...-patterns.html
https://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore46.html
http://www.delawarequilts.com/BOMs/index.html

Old 09-15-2022, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

Fabric arrival:
(Bold means "received")

Holly (3 months) 17

JaniceMcC
Terriamn
Sewbizgirl
Bibliostone (mailed)
Hav4boys (mailed)
MJPEncinitas
RebaQuilts
Ibex94 (mailed)
Travelinggramma (mailed)
Petthefabric
Lstew2212 (mailed)
Cheesehead
Marcialee (mailed)
Klaws (mailed)
Mosher92
JayneW (mailed)
LogCabin82

If you haven't mailed, please do so by tomorrow, or at the latest, Saturday. The fabric is due to me by Wednesday the 20th. Don't be late!
Old 09-15-2022, 09:33 AM

SBG, lots in the mail!

We’re babysitting Charlie at our house today and it’s been fun. Fun, right up until nap time. It’s been an hour and she’s still wide awake! At least she’s fairly quiet and not hopping from the bed. She’s going to be a terror for her parents if she doesn’t nap. Oh, dear!
Old 09-15-2022, 11:41 AM

Well, I tested positive for Covid today. It was really unavoidable since it's all over my facility. Just hope it is just a little runny nose and cough and nothing more....
Old 09-15-2022, 12:20 PM

LogCabin82, sorry to hear that. Hopefully it’ll be a light case. Take care.
Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
Well, I tested positive for Covid today. It was really unavoidable since it's all over my facility. Just hope it is just a little runny nose and cough and nothing more....