Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 10-09-2023, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Log, my prayers go up. You and mom need help. Are you getting any? Even someone to bathe him? Or take A few hours? You need to take care of yourself so you can take care of him. I know you know it, but just a reminder that you aren’t alone.
Thanks for your prayers everyone. We started asking my other siblings to start getting more involved, so they are helping out. When he takes his pills on time, he can shower and care for himself. When he forgets his pills, that's when he becomes extensive care.

Originally Posted by Duckling View Post
Working full time and caring for a patient is really hard. I did it for my mom and the gals are right, home health care is right around the corner. I have some local contacts I just got from a seniors health care open house my girl friend and I went to. I can drop it off and how about a walker with wheels and a seat? I have one.
Thank you Duckling. We have a walker with wheels and a seat, but he is really stubborn and won't use it. He has cane that it's hard to get him to use too. But if you have some local contacts and know their reputation I'd be interested.
Old 10-09-2023, 05:23 PM
Power Poster

Snazzy dragon block, Janice. And I'm relieved we did not order the same fabric from Spoonflower! LOL.
Old 10-09-2023, 05:48 PM

Logcabin I am seeing this email after your "candle at both ends" message. I am glad you are not in this alone with your dad! And I am very glad the rest of the family is close enough to step up and help out. You and your mom need a break from the intenseness of the situation. The love for one another that you have is loud and clear. Bless you all.
Old 10-10-2023, 01:35 AM

LOL, SBG! Snazzy! Cannot remember the last time I heard that, and never in connection to one of my blocks. I’ll take it. Thanks. I’m glad we didn’t get the same fabric, too. My original plan was to pp a dragon. Bought the darling pattern and all, but realized I would run short of background. I was disappointed but I think I’ll make something with it eventually for the grands. It’s so cute!
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Snazzy dragon block, Janice. And I'm relieved we did not order the same fabric from Spoonflower! LOL.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

Logcabin, You could start with his family doctor and they could make some contacts for you. I'm also a nurse and by the end of a shift you need some down time.
Old 10-10-2023, 04:41 AM

Great dragon block Janice!

Cheese
Old 10-10-2023, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

I thought about appliquéing a dragon, but all the pics I found were so detailed. I am not great at appliqués so only do simple ones when I have to. I was relieved to find a pretty dragon fabric, finally. It just came in the mail. I’m up in Memphis but heading home today, and will finish my last block.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:00 AM

Here is a block for Hav4boys. Hope you like it, I enjoyed making it.

Old 10-10-2023, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

That's lovely, LC!

Well, my table runner dilemma is solved. I crosshatched the whole thing and put the binding on. Tonight I'm going to hand stitch the back (also a problem I have- binding both sides by machine). I'll show a pic soon.

Janice, I hope you have my label by now.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:27 AM

I leave tomorrow at 6 am for a flight to Kansas to see my younger DS. I'll have my cell phone but not the computer so I won't be able to put your pix in the gallery until I return.

Sue, the label hasn't arrived yet but DH will let me know when it does.

LogCabin, I'm fixing the labeling on the gallery pic right now. Thanks for letting me know.