Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Closed - "Holiday Winter Wonderland" November 2011- 10.5 Layer Cake Swap >

Closed - "Holiday Winter Wonderland" November 2011- 10.5 Layer Cake Swap

Closed - "Holiday Winter Wonderland" November 2011- 10.5 Layer Cake Swap

Old 12-02-2011, 07:02 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I am home.. I had great company for the shop hop.. We had a blast and I was sooo slap happy it was becoming contagious..

We had a great time BUT we didnt read the fine print for the Route 65 shop hop... It was Harrison AR, Green Forest AR, 2 in Branson MO, Ozark MO, Springfield MO... The fine print was UP TO 25% off of ONE cut of fabric.. so it was the luck of your draw that determines your discount.. so you could get -10% , 15% , 20% or 25% off ONE cut of fabric.. And boy have the prices gone UP.. I gave myself a budget of $100 since I have plenty of fabric right now.. However I didnt spend more than $30 in all the shop hop shops combined.. Nothing bought in the first one- Harrison, 2 panels at 50% - $9 total at the second one - McKee , Nothing at the third Fabric Decor in Branson, 2 yards -$9 at the fourth- Quilts and Quilts in Branson, 1 yrd of minky $8 in Ozark and Nothing in Springfield ..

We did make a lil detour and hit the Red Barn fabrics in AR and I ended up buying a bolt of fabric for $30..

I was disappointed in the shops.. Next time Ill read the fine print...
Old 12-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

So sorry the Shop Hop had the details in small print At least you had a good day out and got the bolt of fabric WOO HOO -

Nothing in the mail for me today ... anyone get theirs yet ?
Old 12-02-2011, 08:29 PM

Glad you had a fun time with friends. I could use some slap happiness right now. Retail during the holidays is not always fun
It is a good thing Christmas is NOT about the STUFF !.
I will survive, will just have to have more chocolate

Hurry Mr. Postman - HURRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 08:54 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

We had a nice time.. Im the nut of the group... we had the strangest conversations.. did you know the Armadillos can swim? how else did they get to the United states?!?!?!?! uhm guess they figured they were illegals and had to cross the river and not the bridge - DUH !!!..

Did you know Armadillos are neither male or female when they are born?? I can only imagine what the lil armadillo would say.. ... ' Uhm, Mommy, Id like to be a boy please!!!

Did you know that 'heat' determines the chickens egg gender?? Daddy Rooster must of been pissed when mommy chicken got off the egg to early.. .. " dagnabit Hen, I said I wanted a boy!!!! "

Yes these were the conversations we had in the car.. Oh and the CAR !!!!!! Brand new cadillac- all the bells and whistles let me tell you !!!! Fran ( the owner of the car) had sally ( the Pilot of our endeavor) drive her car (the said Cadillac ) Well this is a keyless car- you need the FOB in your pocket to 'command the car.. the push of a button and the car stared- but you didnt know the car started cuz it was so quiet.. then the drive shift was in between the seats but Sally - our Pilot- kept turning on the wipers to put the car in reverse... Whoops... then when she turned off the car and opened the door, her seat came all the way and butted up against the back seat that i was in !!!! Poor Sally didnt like the earth moving beneath her. lol..
ok so we get to a few shops and her seat didn't scoot back to compress my legs and restrict blood flow - all the while I get locked in the car cuz the auto unlock didn't switch on AND she couldn't get out cuz she was too close to the steering wheel.... we finally get freed and after the second or so same incident of the above, come to find out SHE NEVER TURNED OFF THE CAR !!! the car was soooooooo quiet no one noticed it was still running until the last time we got in and realized the car turned on the headlights while we were shopping !!!!

Last edited by luvTooQuilt; 12-02-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Power Poster

LOL That is too funny about the car I just a new to me 2008 Chevy Cobalt and still trying to figure out where everything is and what it does , gesh these cars are something else these days.... and look I learned quite a bit of info about animals here today sounds like a blast Glad you had a good time with GREAT company
Old 12-02-2011, 09:11 PM

Now that would be a real trip - you are the NUT if the bunch, and I am the REBEL !!!!!!!
'Don't know about a car that is so-o-o-o fancy though - h-m-m-m-...

Next time, you should hire a limo with snacks and a bar and a handsome young dude to carry all of the packages !!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
Now that would be a real trip - you are the NUT if the bunch, and I am the REBEL !!!!!!!
'Don't know about a car that is so-o-o-o fancy though - h-m-m-m-...

Next time, you should hire a limo with snacks and a bar and a handsome young dude to carry all of the packages !!!!
and let him carry all the fabric/bags, etc... sounds like if you do that Sap will be with you
Old 12-02-2011, 09:15 PM

sharon b - you could come on down from IN and meet us !!!!
what a blast- do you think they would let all three of us in the state of MO at the same time?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:19 PM

It does sound like a fun day. I hit seven in one day with my daughters during the September Quilt Across Texas. So fun!! I think I need another shop hop day!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:27 PM

I plan on doing the Texas shop hop next September.. I figured if we can get a few member to do the shop a few regions - we could cover ALL the shops !! Yup that would be a biggen !!