December Secret Pal Swap

Old 12-10-2010, 02:39 PM

ohhhh I'm in Texas? could it be heading to South Texas?? hmmm
Originally Posted by Terryl
It's going out of Florida Candi, so it won't be coming to you, :( :( actually it's heading to Texas......
Old 12-10-2010, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
It's going out of Florida Candi, so it won't be coming to you, :( :( actually it's heading to Texas......
Not quite sure where South Texas is.....seems to me we always used to call that Mexico :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: :lol:
Old 12-10-2010, 03:07 PM

OOOOHHHH...I'm waiting in Texas too....and very annoyed with the post office..mine should have arrived to it's receiver on Tuesday or Wednesday and no word yet!!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:10 PM

well DEEP south texas would be like Corpus, Houston area (where I'm at) is like south east Texas lol
Not quite sure where South Texas is.....seems to me we always used to call that Mexico :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: :lol:
Old 12-10-2010, 03:15 PM

well DEEP south texas would be like Corpus, Houston area (where I'm at) is like south east Texas lol
Almost 100% sure it's not going to Corpus or Houston, are there other towns in "South Texas"?
Old 12-10-2010, 03:30 PM

Mine was mailed Dec. 7. Tracking said it went through Des Moine Iowa Dec. 8. I wonder where it is going? :lol: :?:
Old 12-10-2010, 03:32 PM

I received my package yesterday from Deserlake Quilting. Thank you so much. I will have to post a picture later. Then I will describe everything.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:57 PM

Mine went out today just in time for the deadline. Really hate cutting it this close. Anyway, someone in NC should be getting something in the mail soon.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
Awesome squishy's everyone!

Keep posting here and letting me or Bonni know who has received their packages. We want to continue to do these swaps and it's imperative we know who has followed through.

Suzanne
Still nothing but December is a long month. I am patient especially since I didn't even get mine out until the last day. lol
Old 12-10-2010, 05:09 PM

I went to the post office this evening (about thiry minutes before closing) to mail my SP their goodies. The post office was out of priority boxes, small boxes, and most other mailing items. So, I waited in line for about twenty-five minutes. The mail clerk gave me a rectangular priority box because he said it would be "cheaper" to mail in the non-flat rate box. He sent me to an automated machine to finish my transaction. Unfortunately, the box was too big for my items and one of the items is fragile, so I was sure it would break without additional packing around it. So, I went out to my vehicle and grabbed a bunch of plastic bags to use as packing. When I weighed the box, it cost more to send than the flat rate. With delivery confirmation, it would have been over $14.00. I turned to go back to waiting in line again to ask them if there was another option, but they had already closed the line. I took my box and my goodies and returned home.

I dug around in my storage room and found a small box, repackaged all the goodies (much more securely, this time) and plan on going to a different post office tomorrow to mail the box. I doubt I will be going to that post office again. I really miss the small town post offices that actually seem to care about their clientele!

Sorry I wasn't able to get it out today. I honestly tried my best, but I didn't want my SP to get a package with broken pieces inside. Better a day late than that.