Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 08-19-2013, 08:11 AM

MartiMorga...praying for the wife of the farmer.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:24 AM

Hi -- just checking in. Deenatoo and I are in communication and wow are we similar in our quilting styles! We both love batiks...autumn colors...etc. I've been cutting out a queen quilt all week and willl the cutting tonight...then on to Deenatoo's table runner. Already have the design picked out. Now for picking out the fabrics. yea!!! will post pics soon.

Stitch124
Old 08-19-2013, 03:49 PM

MartiMorga- hugs and prayers for your friend and hi wife and for you as well.

Made two sample squares today. Did the figuring on my favorite. Now to extend the figures and check the stash. No option right now for going outside the stash, so will work it out, kind of like going on a treasure hunt- I really like treasure hunts
Old 08-19-2013, 05:54 PM

yeah when jaba sorted all my fabric with me it was a treasure surprise for sure. I found lots of good things lol that I had bought. well of course they were good but wow when did I get that????

Belfy I am sorry I am not with you on loving the bats. Don't hate them,don't want rabies and grabbing them with a towel is never advisable. thick leather gloves but the rest oh no thank you. A quilting retreat sounds grand however. I don't think that was a silent one lol after that little burst of joy flew into your retreat.

Martimorga its a sad fact that we all have a time clock. I am sorry for your friends impending big loss. We find at times like that just how strong we are. If he has faith he will hold fine I think over time. My best wishes to him and the rest of the family/

Still waiting to hear from SNOWNANANIE about her friends wishes so I can find the perfect fabric from my own stash I received some lovely fabrics from retiredfirechief and others in my fq swap this month so I think with what I already own I am pretty well set. for either fall or Halloween, any tones she wants!! tada!! now to figure out WHAT I AM MAKING. Someone hopefully will respond. By Labor day she will get whatever I am up for making . I hate late. strong word but it makes me sick to think I might be late and this is my swap so no way no how..grin, its my job, someone has to do it!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:10 PM

I am waiting to go fabric shopping with a quilty friend tomorrow...you just never know I might find the perfect autumn/fall fabric for my tabletopper
Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 PM

Evening all, I have had a few crummy days and am now just catching up on all the posts. First I found out my computer hard drive died and it will be at the shop for at least 2 weeks. Why? Who knows, so I am left to my iPad and no printer. Feels like one arm is tied behind my back. Next, hubby goes to a big tractor show, is gone for about 2hours when he calls me and tells me I need to find someone to take me there, he had passed out and twisted his ankle. This is the second fainting spell within a couple of months and we don't know why as yet. Ended up at emergency getting the ankle crated. Doc was shocked that it isn't broken. Hubby is now sporting a soft cast, popping pain pills, whining a lot and calling me, the nurse-maid over and over and over again. I did have a couple of bright spots today, first a friend's sister is going to have a garage sale and is thinning out her stash. I got first pick of some of her stash this morning. I got 5 yards of hunter green channel, 60 in.wide for $20, a bag full of templates - quilting, appliqué and various others, bunches of beautiful yards of fabrics for $1 each, a large piece of insulation with the heat shield silver fabric that will be perfect for my converting an antique side board
into an ironing surface and much more. Secondly, just found out tonight that my one and only favorite step son is giving us a grandson in January. Now I can make the baby quilts I was hoping I could - so excited.

My partner and I have been communicating and discovered something funny. it sounds like her dining room and my kitchen are the same colors, a burnt or brownish red, and my dining from and her kitchen are the same, sage green. So we have very similar tastes, we both prefer fall table runners. And neither of us are long armers so I anticipate us working together beautifully!

Last edited by Retired Fire Chief; 08-19-2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Adding text
Old 08-19-2013, 06:47 PM

2 out of 4 isn't bad retiredfirechief. Sorry for computer and hubby, but on the quilting end you scored! with fabric, etc. and your partner. All in all, not a bad day right?
I've been peeling apples most of the day, gees my feet hurt standing in the same place. This winter will be great though, 12 qts. stuffed full of apple pie filling, 1 gallon bag froze( ran out of quart jars) and a yummy cobbler made.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
I've been in contact with my partner, Dustymomma. She's like fall on one side, Halloween on the other. This should be fun to do, except for the quilting. It'll have to be universal.
Cindy, don't fret over it. If it's all fall, it's all good. I am very happy and flexible. I just like pretty things!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
Cindy, don't fret over it. If it's all fall, it's all good. I am very happy and flexible. I just like pretty things!
Morning everybody! DustyMomma, it WILL be reversible! I was at our guild meeting yesterday & posed the "what can I do?" to some of my quilting friends. We came up with a few ideas that will work just great! Had a great time at guild. We learned how to do accidental landscapes. Really neet! Fun & fast to do. I also got asked to be the program director next year. Discussed it with a few people & came up with a boat load of ideas to keep everyone busy & learning & growing. Even got a couple of volunteers to teach. That's even better since we're a small guild & can't afford a lot of the bigger guests. Let's see what I come up with.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:06 AM

How did that cobbler turn out? I wanted some with vanilla ice cream as soon as you said it! I am going to Jaba's to pick up a bucket of my own apples to put up and have a yummy winter too! I made some great asparagus soup last night and just had my cup for breakfast of it. lol. I will eat anything for breakfast Well I am so glad not to hear bad news from group members and everyone is working on colors, themes and well playing with fabric. Such a rotten job that playing with fabric! Crossing fingers I hear from my partner. I know she is out there. When names were handed out Snownananie wrote and said how come her friend did not have a partner. I had two in one email and had missed the second one. So I agreed to be her partner and am excited to have one. A couple swaps now I have not had a partner. Now.. show up please!!!